Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amir Khan v Paul McCloskey - Manchester, April 16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Tomas_S

does anybody know where to watch it online?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

Tomas_S wrote: »
    does anybody know where to watch it online?

laptop, p.c., internet cafe etc....................

sorry had to go there:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Wild_Dogger

Sky have dropped the Khan fight ,........ it's still taking place but Khan wants too much revenue .....

the greedy git .

P4P stingy bugger

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12183_6864054,00.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Sky have dropped the Khan fight ,........ it's still taking place but Khan wants too much revenue .....

the greedy git .

P4P stingy rankings

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12183_6864054,00.html

Khan and his handlers are proving to be money grabbing merchants of the highest order.

His team seem to reckon that fighters on the undercard should pay for the "honour" of appearing on an Amir Khan bill when in essence he is nowhere close to the level of a fighter who can make such demands.

This will damage him in the UK, he was finding it hard to build a following over there as it was.
    Hattons army have not followed him en masse like Khan thought they would.

The antics of his "Management team" and associated hangers on are nothing short of disgraceful.

dont suppose anyone else will be stepping in to cover it either, if skys spending power isnt enough to do a deal then i dont know who could.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Snappy the Moose

Khan and his father/uncle etc really are a bunch of gobshítes, even though I like watching Amir I'm really starting to dislike him due to his carry on.

I wasn't really pumped for this fight as I don't think Paul had a chance but I really hope he knocks his block off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭slapbangwallop

Amir Khan - Paul 'Dude' McCloskey to be aired on the Comedy Channel

http://boxing-ireland.com/20110410_khan_mccloskey_off_sky_19.html

• Registered Users Posts: 41 cmf22

So does anyone know what channels might show this? Setanta? Who's the channel in the UK they have some deal with? Is there any chance of this fight going ahead without it being on tv? Or only Uk tv? So many questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

cmf22 wrote: »
    So does anyone know what channels might show this? Setanta? Who's the channel in the UK they have some deal with? Is there any chance of this fight going ahead without it being on tv? Or only Uk tv? So many questions!

Imagine RTE stepped in. Jimmy Magee on commentary and Marty "are you ready to rock" Morrissey as the master of ceremonies. Sky wouldn't think twice about putting Khan on PPV every time after that :D

Jayob10 wrote: »
    Imagine RTE stepped in. Jimmy Magee on commentary and Marty "are you ready to rock" Morrissey as the master of ceremonies. Sky wouldn't think twice about putting Khan on PPV every time after that :D

Ah jesus imagine the brits havin to listen to jimmy?

• Advertisement

seriously speaking though would it be possible for rte to even put a bid in??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 jonnyhips

If RTE had to be paid to put on Willie Casey v Rigo I doubt they could put on this show!

It would be very costly- Premier have a setanta link i think we might get to see it that way

Yeah do setanta show all premier fights or only certain ones?
    That would be a convenient outcome for most of us anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 jonnyhips

i am assuming that Premier will show it PPV and the will pay Khan and McCloskey via a percentage sales deal???

So then it would most likely be on Setanta Sports 1.

rather setanta have my money than sky anyway... heres hoping

It's on HBO in the states ........ thats the only thing holding the card together.

Khan is only going through with the fight to appease the schedule of HBO . He really dosent want to piss them off

Khan's banking on his career lasting across the water , whilst burning his bridges with his native media .

There will be plenty of links online to watch this one ,.... dont worry about that .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Boooourns

It's turned into a complete and utter shambles and he only has his management to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,943 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Really disappointed with this news. I only got in the Sports channels a few days ago (for the month) and now the fight is off:mad:

Any hope that Sky will get this back on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭BoxingIrel.com

Just off the phone in the conference call with Amir, Asif and Primetime.

Details of the £14.95 offering are here - http://boxing-ireland.com/20110411_khan_mccloskey_primetime_31.html

But also the things to note are that Primetime will be using their own (probably sub-contracted) OB unit and providing HBO with pictures for their show.

Also confirmed is that Khan will be in the ring for 10pm

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

Disgraceful stuff this being on ppv. 20 euro for this with a crap undercard. No thanks.

• Advertisement

byrneno7 wrote: »
    Disgraceful stuff this being on ppv. 20 euro for this with a crap undercard. No thanks.

the cockiness of it all 'khan is a ppv fighter' ..... i never heard such ****e.

is that channel available on upc??

As far as i know it isn't, it's only on the Sky package. If you want to watch it you can only watch it online and you have to pay for that.
    I'll be watching online but i won't be paying....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

i dont think so

i have to say, i was starting to warm to Khan in recent months, but he's lead Sky on a merry dance, he's let them pump hours of footage from the Ringside show into this promotion to advertise the fight, and this is how he repays them???? and im not even a fan of Sky, but his attitude to Sky and most importantly his fans is utterly disgraceful

he's taking the piss, what a complete and utter wanker

i had next saturday all planned out, the missus was going to a hens night, my dad had his first pigeon race of the season, then mates and beers in mine for the big fight,

**** you Khan, i hope you get Prescotted!!!!

i dont think so

i have to say, i was starting to warm to Khan in recent months, but he's lead Sky on a merry dance, he's let them pump hours of footage from the Ringside show into this promotion to advertise the fight, and this is how they repay him???? and im not even a fan of Sky, but his attitude to Sky and most importantly his fans is utterly disgraceful

he's taking the piss, what a complete and utter wanker

i had next saturday all planned out, the missus was going to a hens night, my dad had his first pigeon race of the season, then mates and beers in mine for the big fight,

**** you Khan, i hope you get Prescotted!!!!

Infairness mate it's his management, they're an aboslute joke. He needs to get rid asap but he probably won't as it's his family.

if HBO have it , it will be free to watch online .

Streams are both plentiful and quality these days !

Lets keep each other updated with links and backup links come the weekend !

C'mon Mc Closkey , Knock this sucker out - give them what they deserve !

Oh ...... and I never thought i'd say it , but fair play to SKY for refusing to go along with this constant PPV rip-off garbage .

Boooourns wrote: »
    Infairness mate it's his management, they're an aboslute joke. He needs to get rid asap but he probably won't as it's his family.

i know if i was in a world title fight next week and my family/management team were carrying on like this and making a prick out of my home fans id put my foot down and start making demands to them and not sky or whoever

I am disappointed just like the rest of you guys, but this is no surprise. Boxing is a business, and Khan is no different than anyone else. It's all about money, and making as much as possible. Promoters and managers are the ones pulling the strings here. I wouldn't slate him for this, the same way I would not slate Paul should Paul win and then do the same in his championship fights

walshb wrote: »
    I am disappointed just like the rest of you guys, but this is no surprise. Boxing is a business, and Khan is no different than anyone else. It's all about money, and making as much as possible. Promoters and managers are the ones pulling the strings here. I wouldn't slate him for this, the same way I would not slate Paul should Paul win and then do the same in his championship fights

tbh couldnt see that happening walshy i reckon as ive said in previous posts that mc closkey is a genuine type of guy and i think he would show a lot more respect to his home fans

tbh couldnt see that happening walshy i reckon as ive said in previous posts that mc closkey is a genuine type of guy and i think he would show a lot more respect to his home fans

Yeah loads.

Money talks. And, it's is really not down to the fighter. It's the promoters and managers who call the shots.

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    Yeah loads.

Money talks. And, it's is really not down to the fighter. It's the promoters and managers who call the shots.

ah ye i know but going back to the op saying his family were his management do you not think when thats the case he would have a big say himself?

Advertisement