Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amir Khan v Paul McCloskey - Manchester, April 16

Options
1222324252628»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,616 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Boooourns wrote: »
    Even Kevin Mitchell boxed the ears off Prescott. Prescott is only good when he connects, he's just not a skilled boxer.

Yes, Mitchell did well. I wouldn't say he boxed the ears off him. Also, he looked to be a whisker away from getting tagged with a KO shot thru 12. That is how I felt watching it. It was very risky throughout. He kept a step ahead of Prescott, but you always felt that he was dicing with danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

off topic lads but can anyone tell me whats the best site fot world rankings a lot of the ones ive looked up arent very up to date. im looking for all rankings i.e.wba,wbo,etc. and if possible full ranking lists as opposed to just the top ten.

just having a gander at irish boxing there seen the article about maidana interested in fighting mc closkey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

off topic lads but can anyone tell me whats the best site fot world rankings a lot of the ones ive looked up arent very up to date. im looking for all rankings i.e.wba,wbo,etc. and if possible full ranking lists as opposed to just the top ten.

Boxrec isn't official but the rankings on it are reasonably accurate

cheers colly

just had a look through there, some of the divisions are in rag order, think i might turn pro meself lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭slapbangwallop

x2_5b34331

cant make it out what does the first paragraph say eamon magee brands amir khan a what??

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭slapbangwallop

cant make it out what does the first paragraph say eamon magee brands amir khan a what??

cow hearder!

cow hearder!

lol i can just make it out now that you post it there.. i agree with him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭weemcd

Finally got around to watching this, didn't want to post much without watching the whole fight and forming my own opinion. The two things that really got me was that the corner did not get a chance to look at the cut before the fight was stopped and the doctor was far to dismissive. But what really leaves the bad taste was the triumphant celebrations from Khan, his corner and the crowd, celebrating a fight that ended that way as a great win, nonsense and absolutely no class. I will continue to watch Khan fight, with the intention of seeing him outclassed and punished, hope Paul McCloskey gets a decent opponent lined up and the incident is put to bed. I'd have no interest if there ever rematched (never happen), the only positive there would be Duddy getting his fair dig.

• Advertisement

WBA light-welterweight champion Amir Khan is searching for a new opponent after a planned unification fight with Timothy Bradley fell apart.

Khan signed a contract to fight the WBC and WBO champion on July 23rd with the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas pencilled in.

However, the American is reportedly in dispute with his promoter and waiting for his contract to run out next month before searching for alternative opponent.

"I wanted to fight Bradley to unify the division, but he pulled out, he doesn't want to fight," said Khan.

"He was talking a big fight but now he just pulled out.

"We were looking at (Juan Manuel) Marquez, but he is looking at fighting Manny Pacquiao

"There are very few opponents left. We are either looking at someone like (Robert) Guerrero or Zab Judah, who is also an IBF champion.

"But I'm happy to fight whoever they put in front of me."

Bradley meanwhile, is being touted as Manny Pacquiao's next opponent following his points win over Shane Mosley at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Rob113

You have to admire Khan looking for the big fights, calling out the big names. As much as he acted the dick throughout the entire McCloskey saga he does genuinely seem to want to fight the best and be the best. Who would you like to see him fight next walshb?

I tell you, I wouldn't fancy Khan against Guerrero. Big, strong, heavy hands and a lovely boxer puncher

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

Bradley is a clown, Pac would put a Hatton style beating on him. I really hope that fight doesn't happen, he needs to prove he's number one in the division before he can go looking for that type of a paycheck

Rob113 wrote: »
    You have to admire Khan looking for the big fights, calling out the big names. As much as he acted the dick throughout the entire McCloskey saga he does genuinely seem to want to fight the best and be the best. Who would you like to see him fight next walshb?

I have to agree. One thing he has, and that is ambition. He wants to be the best. JMM won't compete with Khan. Too old, too small. Maybe move up and meet Berto or Ortiz? Very dangerous fights though. Both have heavy hands. Judah I feel would resemble the Malignaggi fight. Maybe not as one sided, but Khan should beat him comfortably.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

walshb wrote: »
    I tell you, I wouldn't fancy Khan against Guerrero. Big, strong, heavy hands and a lovely boxer puncher

Neither would I to be honest. If he's in position to finish off Khan he has the nous and ability to do it, unlike Maidana.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

I'd fancy all of Berto, JMM and Ortiz to beat Khan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭clubwelly

I dunno I think this could still happen cos JMM has signed to fight Manny in Nov so Bradley's "superfight" withManny wudn't happen until next year if its agreed and thats a long layoff for Bradley.

I'd fancy Khan against Judah but not sure against Guerrero.
    Berto is too reliant on one punch power and Ortiz is vunerable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

I'd fancy all of Berto, JMM and Ortiz to beat Khan.

didnt Khan knock Ortiz out as an amateur?

regardless of that, going by Ortiz' last fight, you'd bet your house on him beating Khan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

If you went by Ortiz's two previous fights before that you'd have imagine Khan would take the win. Ortiz did deadly against Berto but I think we might be jumping the gun a bit, Berto was/is a hype job that filled his wallet up with HBO money fighting nobodies. Ortiz went miles ahead of Peterson and fell apart amounting to a draw, and he quit against Maidana...

• Advertisement
Advertisement