Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media: EPC2425/3925 Modem/Router and Speed Issues - POST HERE ONLY

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tungsten Tide

bryaner wrote: »
    Whoo hoo cheers html next..:D
    :eek:
    I really hope that's a joke. I guess it has been a few yrs since a did anythin with html but its where a started to code. After that try Javascript or CSS. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

:eek:
    I really hope that's a joke. I guess it has been a few yrs since a did anythin with html but its where a started to code. After that try Javascript or CSS. ;)

Lol course it was..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭lezflano

Hey every so often my connection just drops on xbox live for no reason ive tried most solutions but im no computer wizard im using the Upc Cisco EPC2425 model router/modem any help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mrcage

It's the router without any doubt. when the connection drops look at the router: you'll see the leds blinking all together, then they turn off, then the router restarts... after a minute or so everything comes back to normal...

My router restarts every hour. UPC did really a wonderful work with this router :D
    lezflano wrote: »
    Hey every so often my connection just drops on xbox live for no reason ive tried most solutions but im no computer wizard im using the Upc Cisco EPC2425 model router/modem any help

• Registered Users Posts: 5,412 ✭✭✭Nollog

Did UPC change my router password and I missed the memo?
    blank/blank and admin/W2402 aren't working.

I broke my good router. :'(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭hullabulloo

mrcage wrote: »
    It's the router without any doubt. when the connection drops look at the router: you'll see the leds blinking all together, then they turn off, then the router restarts... after a minute or so everything comes back to normal...

My router restarts every hour. UPC did really a wonderful work with this router :D

Mine does the exact same. Is there anything we can do to sort this out do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Did UPC change my router password and I missed the memo?
    blank/blank and admin/W2402 aren't working.

I broke my good router. :'(

I was having problems logging in today with blank/blank and tried to get in about 6 times, then I came back to the tab 30 mins later, hit refresh to try admin/W2402, but I didn't need to, it just logged me in straight away! Maybe UPC are up to something funky....

Anyways I was wondering, I saw someone posted this problem a while back but there was no solution to it and now I can't find the thread, (I don't think it was this one!), but everything connects pretty much fine in the house, except one vista laptop. I've got phones, windows 7, xp, consoles etc. working fine seemingly apart from this one laptop. It sees the connection, but ony connects with limited connectivity and the quickest solution I've seen to get it working is do the old "diagnose connection problems" thing in IE, which seems to fix it after about 5-10 mins, does anyone have any suggestions I could try to fix it permanently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

1358982400.png

:mad:

Then a couple of minutes later

1358986208.png

What the fcuk ???

• Registered Users Posts: 17 agentcrow

1358982400.png

:mad:

Then a couple of minutes later

1358986208.png

What the fcuk ???

i experience the same man,brill in the morning but once the evening comes from then on its rubbish im hitting between 6-12

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

mrcage wrote: »

My friends router is resetting every hour aswell

did you get a fix for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭De Deraco

I have epc2425:mad::mad: firmware: Firmware Name

epc2425-ESIP-12-v202r12812-100729s_upc.bin
    Software Revision

epc2425-ESIP-12-v202r12812-100729s_upc

I cant access the gateway mode even using link 192.168.100.1/GatewayMode.asp

Does anyone know a workaround to set up a bridge mode as this is a real nightmare. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

De Deraco wrote: »
    I have epc2425:mad::mad: firmware: Firmware Name

epc2425-ESIP-12-v202r12812-100729s_upc.bin
    Software Revision

epc2425-ESIP-12-v202r12812-100729s_upc

I cant access the gateway mode even using link 192.168.100.1/GatewayMode.asp

Does anyone know a workaround to set up a bridge mode as this is a real nightmare. cheers

What happens when you try access that link? What appears?
    Can you access the modem config normaly, eg 192.168.1.1?

By the way, there's no need to double-post the same question in multiple threads.

Hey i can access the router by going to 192.168.1.1 but there is no gate way mode there.

When i try the link i get a message there is no such website.

Hey i can access the router by going to 192.168.1.1 but there is no gate way mode there.

When i try the link i get a message there is no such website.

Try resetting the modem.

EDIT: also try http://192.168.1.1/GatewayMode.asp

Tried resetting the modem and the link but no change there does not seem to me a factory reset.

What are you trying to do?
    Gateway mode make the modem act as your router, bridge mode makes it bridge the internet connection onto a router you connect to one of its LAN ports.
    None have to do with factory resets.

Sorry im am trying to do a gateway mode another router.

Sorry im am trying to do a gateway mode another router.

Does not compute.
    You bridge to another router.

Sorry i am trying to this form page 1

Bridge mode setup. Go to Setup - Basic Settings - Gateway Mode and change it to Bridge. You may need to restart the modem at this point. Once done, the built-in router will be disabled, and you can attach your own router to the modem. If you have UPC phone service, do not do this, because your phone will stop working. There is no way to get the phone service to work with the modem if it's in bridge mode, so again don't waste people's time by asking. When changing to bridge mode, the Cisco modem's IP will change to 192.168.100.1. You must use this address to access it if you want to switch bridge mode off again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭They Lost?! Those Losers!

Hi guys

hopefully a simple one here....

trying to get a connection going on an old pc as the laptop has packed it in.

Only problem is I have no cd and the computer doesn't seem to be picking up the router. I have it connected by Ethernet.

Wireless works fine on my phone and ps3

Any way to do this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Only problem is I have no cd and the computer doesn't seem to be picking up the router. I have it

You don't need a CD to connect to a router. If you have an Ethernet card installed properly in the PC, then it will work. Set the TCP/IP settings of the network card to automatic first.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

jor el wrote: »
    You don't need a CD to connect to a router. If you have an Ethernet card installed properly in the PC, then it will work. Set the TCP/IP settings of the network card to automatic first.

He could be using the wireless usb adapter that some UPC routers come with and you do need the CD to set the drivers up unless you can find the god forsaken thing online somewhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 20 guff daddy

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Hope the below info helps
    My setup;
    Cisco cable modem
    LAN IP: 192.168.1.1 /24

New router; (connection to Cisco is connected to the new routers WAN/Internet port)
    WAN IP: 192.168.1.2
    WAN Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    WAN Gateway: 192.168.1.1
    WAN DNS: 89.101.160.8 & 89.101.160.9 & 8.8.4.4 (these are mine, you can use others)
    LAN IP: 192.168.0.254
    LAN Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    LAN IPs for DHCP: 192.168.0.1->192.168.0.100
    Mode: Gateway

Working great for me.

Just to say got my cable broadband installed yesterday and was immediately pissed off at the quality of the Cisco box (I thought these guys used to make good kit??). Impossible to do many things which should be standard (i.e. quickly and easily create DHCP reservations, create policies to block user access based on time of day etc.).

Luckily I had an old D-Link 615 router lying around and was able to set it up it as the main router thanks to the configuration details above - many thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Odia1101

My UPC broadband will not transmit wirelessly on Router Channel 1 so after a call to UPC tech support I changed it to Channel 11 and everything worked fine. However it now keeps resetting back to Channel 1 after a few days or if I switch the router off and I lose wireless again and have to connect via cable and change back to '11' ... anyone any ideas ?

guff daddy wrote: »
    (I thought these guys used to make good kit??)
    Linksys bought them, or the other way around.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Linksys bought them, or the other way around.

Cisco bought Linksys. Although its not really the reason why this modem is bad. I've used various Cisco bits over the years, and even the recent stuff is grand. I just assume that this is probably the cheapest modem that the company made to maximise costs from providing it to ISPs.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

A friend of mine has just signed up for the 25Mb and already is having loads of wireless problems. He cannot use his own router apparently because he uses the phone service.

Has anyone had any success in just turning off the wireless and using a wireless access point?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Rob C

I've been with UPC for about 8 months now and my EPC modem is constantly dropping the wifi connection.

When it's working it's perfect, got this just now

1381013987.png

But it will drop off several times a day. Can be sure when I wake up every morning now I will have no Wifi connection and I have to turn the modem off and then back on again every time. That fixes it, but it shouldn't happen. All LED's are on, the only thing not registering on the Wifi connection page when this happens on my devices is the Router address.

On two occasion though it has done a total reset on it's own accord.

It's obviously a woeful Wifi router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭cardol

Difficult to know whether to go with UPC or not, when you read all the problems.....:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 guff daddy

dub45 wrote: »
    A friend of mine has just signed up for the 25Mb and already is having loads of wireless problems. He cannot use his own router apparently because he uses the phone service.

Has anyone had any success in just turning off the wireless and using a wireless access point?
    Yes, see my post above. Don't just turn off the wireless, also disable the DHCP. Configure the router with a WAN IP within the range of the Cable Modem internal network (i.e. if cable modem is 192.168.0.1/255.255.255.0, then any IP from 192.168.0.2 - 254 will do) and on the cable modem configure the DMZ Host with the same IP. Then set up an internal IP range on the router (different to the cable modem IP range) and configure the DHCP and wireless on this. Use the router for wired connections as well.

Advertisement