Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fade Street

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

To me its just the "cool" thing that everybody does. Sure its easy to make fun of RTE Television but to say its worse than Living with Lucy, The Panel (now), Republic of Telly is extremely narrow minded.

I must be extrememly narrow minded then... :rolleyes:

BTW, all the shows you mentioned there are sh*t too, but just not as sh*t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I watched the second half of that ''show'' tonight. Biggest load of sh1t ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 FadeStGal

Awful stench of jealousy from this thread :rolleyes:

Don't worry about no 2nd series either. I'm sure the girls will find somewhere else. Maybe a better place, who knows.

Such a typical Irish attitude, criticising our own. Strange how it's the succesful who seem to get it from those who are less so.

Can we get a thread without all these people who don't watch but somehow don't like the show at the same time? Please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Dan Theman

FadeStGal wrote: »

Don't worry about no 2nd series either. I'm sure the girls will find somewhere else. Maybe a better place, who knows.

Such a typical Irish attitude, criticising our own. Strange how it's the succesful who seem to get it from those who are less so.

Can we get a thread without all these people who don't watch but somehow don't like the show at the same time? Please

Awful stench of jealousy? HAAAAAAAAAAAAA good one!

No second series? Thank god! On the other hand i do feel sorry for those girls having to try make it in the real world once it ends... people will just laugh at them. And i bet they thought it was a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Aren't real people?

The 'characters' and 'script' are based on who the girls really are and what they really do. It's just filmed for TV.

I don't get why you people are still watching the show. Unless you are actually a fan of course :rolleyes:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ahem..

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

yeeeehaaaa!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

<SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 33,789 ✭✭✭✭listermint

<SNIP>

Classic!! :D

this belongs in after hours!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭ebbsy

<SNIP>

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

listermint wrote: »
    Classic!! :D

this belongs in after hours!!

Maybe so, but this is not after hours. The post was in bad taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,789 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Mr E wrote: »
    Maybe so, but this is not after hours. The post was in bad taste.

Awe :(

He didnt mind the taste :D

But anyway back to fade street, I can help but watch it when its on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

listermint wrote: »
    Awe :(

He didnt mind the taste :D

But anyway back to fade street, I can help but watch it when its on.
    A "bad" show wouldn't do that. I can get past the intro of Living with Lucy. Same with Republic of Telly.

I know you won't admit it but you are gripped by a good show or a show so bad it keeps you hooked.

Thats easily the worst post I've ever read off here...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Why is this in reality tv btw?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 53 ✭✭deathbot

SantryRed wrote: »
    Why is this in reality tv btw?

Because Vogue is a good actor. But what I'm wondering is, does Louise wipe forwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

And delusion, it seems. What on earth is there to be jealous of? One girl had an 'internship' requiring 7 days a week of menial work, the others are runners for a crap magazine and that Cici girl works part time in a bar. And all of them (except Vogue, who actually seems like she could be a laugh) come across as vapid, shallow and dim. I get that the show is supposed to be 'ooh look at their glamorous lives' but they're not glamorous at all! They live in a poky apartment on Fade Street, not on Central Park West! It's just embarrassing.

Oooh, can't wait.

Again, how exactly are any of those featured on Fake Street 'successful'? They can't even act well enough to play themselves. And how do you know what everyone here does for a living?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,043 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

to99 wrote: »
    Ha, no season 2 then;

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=987864

Or maybe they're changing scenery.

LOL! I love how the ad says its the location of the popular 'SITCOM' Fade Street.

Is there a Christmas special ? If not there should be.

And I will be outside HMV for the box set at midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

i was watching the simpsons earlier sponsored by 11850. could've sworn i saw that tall fella from fading into distant memory street as the 'eye candy' on the 11850 promo.

IzzyWizzy wrote: »
    And delusion, it seems. What on earth is there to be jealous of? One girl had an 'internship' requiring 7 days a week of menial work, the others are runners for a crap magazine and that Cici girl works part time in a bar. And all of them (except Vogue, who actually seems like she could be a laugh) come across as vapid, shallow and dim. I get that the show is supposed to be 'ooh look at their glamorous lives' but they're not glamorous at all! They live in a poky apartment on Fade Street, not on Central Park West! It's just embarrassing.

Oooh, can't wait.

Again, how exactly are any of those featured on Fake Street 'successful'? They can't even act well enough to play themselves. And how do you know what everyone here does for a living?

I would say that next year all of these actors will be on 25 million per movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭annieire

Fade Street is my guilty pleasure, i know the acting is poor but i just love it!! Its uncomplicated fluff! I didn't know the Wexford accent was that strong but i like it!?

• Advertisement

Is this steaming heap of sh*t coming back or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

telekon wrote: »

Yeah, they've already recorded the first two seasons, so there should be more episodes coming up at some stage this year. After that, probably not.

You can relax ;)

Back tonight, can't wait!

RTE 2 @ 22.50 just so you don't accidentally switch it on. Hopefully you can somehow manage not to post in the thread too. I can see it's been difficult for you up until now though :rolleyes:

Back on our screens tonight :D

RTE 2: 22.50

Can we please keep this thread to those actually interested in the show??

Previous threads have been ruined by people hating on the show :mad:

Why post if you aren't watching or don't like the show :confused:

FSG X

You can relax ;)

RTE 2 @ 22.50 just so you don't accidentally switch it on. Hopefully you can somehow manage not to post in the thread too. I can see it's been difficult for you up until now though :rolleyes:

Is this a repeat or a new series?

You can relax ;)

Its on at 10.50pm now??? :D:D

Looks like its lost its primetime 9pm slot. That says it all...goodbye Fade Street!!

And of course I'm going to post in this thread. Like the other 99% of posters that also think its appalling dirge.

I think it says a lot more about you than me... do you still think its real by the way?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I hate this show.

Its on at 10.50pm now??? :D:D

Looks like its lost its primetime 9pm slot. That says it all...goodbye Fade Street!!

And of course I'm going to post in this thread. Like the other 99% of posters that also think its appalling dirge.

I think it says a lot more about you than me... do you still think its real by the way?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Im glad that its not at 9...it would clash with Criminal Minds! ;)

While the show is completely scripted, i have to say i love watching it. Its like marmite i suppose ...you will either like it or loath it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

ebbsy wrote: »
    I would say that next year all of these actors will be on 25 million per movie.

Well, hey, anything would be better than 0 EUR per episode ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,043 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Decided to post here instead of the episode 7 thread. Didnt want the OP tother thread to start crying and ruining her mascara (Ive noticed they are charging 3.49 for that stuff in LIDL now. Must start a thread in Rip Off Ireland Forum).

Anyways. I watched RTE2 from 9.50 till 11.20 tonight. The first two programmes were supposed to be comedys but I couldnt even raise an eyebrow. Fade Street came on at 10.50 and I guffawed my way through the whole thing. It really is so bad its good.

Ps: little known fact- the Spanish translation of mascara is rimel.

Advertisement