Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The worst car you have ever owned

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

At one point I owned a Rover 400i.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

mondeo wrote: »
    From new?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

mondeo wrote: »

RJ won't like that very much :pac:

johnos1984 wrote: »
    From new?

It was my mothers car, then she sold it to me. It was probably just one in a bad batch, for some reason everything went wrong with it :D. Still it was a comfortable car to sit into and drive but one of the worst I ever owned.

Some weird cutting out problem that no man on earth seemed to be able to fix. Gearbox ran dry of oil and shagged it, head gasket was done and shortly after bottom end bearings starting making noise. I literally gave it away.

I do like certain Rovers, my Dads old 600i is still locked away in my garage yet for some reason I cant bring myself to sell it since he gave it to me for free 4 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 YESHUCKSTER

Nissan Qashqui...clutch went at 40k miles. And interior falling apart. Dealers not worth a damn. Stay clear

• Advertisement

dgt wrote: »
    RJ won't like that very much :pac:

RJ couldn't give a fiddlers feck tbh :D, I'm watching 2012 and trying to pick a likely winner from tomorrow's Kempton card so the woes of R65 gearboxes and K4 HG frailties are not on my horizon :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Illuminous green Fiat Seicento. Had to drive to from Maynooth - Cork AND BACK every weekend. Ass was numb after it.

dory wrote: »
    Illuminous green Fiat Seicento. Had to drive to from Maynooth - Cork AND BACK every weekend. Ass was numb after it.

Bet nobody missed you in that:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Nissan Qashqui...clutch went at 40k miles. And interior falling apart. Dealers not worth a damn. Stay clear

Hold on...in the other thread you said 50k miles....

Are you trying to get revenge at Nissan?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

bmw535d wrote: »
    anyone else seeing the typical trend of French and Italian makes being bags of sh1te?

Ah you're back! How's the Evo going?

For me it would certainly be the 1999 E46 318i I had.

> It was leaking coolant from day 1 so had to replace the rad.
    > Front driver's brake caliper kept seizing, replaced that.
    > Handbrake cable snapped
    > Exhaust back box rusted through
    > Front passenger's brake caliper seized
    > Doors were "loose" and there was always a noise of rubber against rubber when driving
    > Bonnet release cable snapped
    > "Tinny" sound from the engine when accelerating

That's about it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

I never had a really hateful sh1tb0x but the biggest disappointment of hype vs. reality was a brand new Focus 1.6 back in '99.. A good car but boooooring.

What an utterly boring piece of kit it was. If you're looking for a cheap runaround please buy a Brava/o 1.2 16V instead. Puts smile on your face every time you rev it towards the red line. It's a little car that could.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Worst car had to be the Renault 21 that I had for 5 weeks. Engine blew up. Seat cordoba was a close second.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

samih wrote: »
    I never had a really hateful sh1tb0x but the biggest disappointment of hype vs. reality was a brand new Focus 1.6 back in '99.. A good car but boooooring.

What an utterly boring piece of kit it was. If you're looking for a cheap runaround please buy a Brava/o 1.2 16V instead. Puts smile on your face every time you rev it towards the red line. It's a little car that could.

At least you didn't go for the 1.4 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

01 Astra Coupe, had it 7 months it spent 16 weeks of that in the garage, the electrical system was a complete mess!!

Had a bad first few weeks with a 98 citroen xsara coupe (engine seized on the way home from collecting it) but nothing compared to the pain that shagging astra caused me!

Advertisement