Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CLOSED] Win an ESBStore.ie €250 voucher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gotobann

hi, I use the Image_placeholder.gif
    SMJ Remote Control Socket

INFO [URL="javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl00$_nestedContent$_mainpageContent$_productFamilyListingView$_productFamilyDataList$ctl07$ctl00$BuyNowLink$_addToCart','')"]BUY[/URL] remote to turn on/off my computer network etc downstairs when I have finished working upstairs at night. It saves me the trip down in the cold and I know that everything is off, safe and not costing me any power.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

My favourite product would have to be the Chimney Balloon - a great solution to a very simple but difficult to remedy problem... I'm fed up with wrapping a cushion in a towel and stuffing it in the front of my fireplace. It's unsightly and messy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 farfromthegrave

Has to be the LED Lenser Jogger Light, got it before Christmas, I love running and staying active but it is hard to see when it gets dark so early in the evenings! With the jogger light I can run all night if I like, and it's great to see obstructions on the path so no more falling on my ass :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Mutly

Love this lock. Great for keeping the oil safe for these cold winter days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Sensor Systems Watchman Alarm Oil Level Monitor

Never run out of Oil again ensuring no particularly cold weeks at home! While at the time also helping to prevent nasty and annoying Airblocks in the system! Easily installed too so no extra costs there!

Cheers,
    Fionn

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MyWellies

Solar Centre Solar Fairy Lights is so clever.
    Never again trying to find a place to bring in the lead to get power to the lights. Just put them up whereever you feel like - and no energy wasting guilt. Sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭lynsalot

Mine is the
    http://www.esbstore.ie/Product/Philips-Imageo-LED-Rechargeable-Candle-Lights-3-Pack/1222/600

These little lights would look amazing in my home and leave us turn off the lights and save on the ESB bill :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

My favourite item has to be....

http://www.esbstore.ie/Product/Ei-Radio-Frequency-Smoke-Alarm-Twin-Pack/1278/200

It's great to see that the ESB has such a commitment to stocking cutting edge items that greatly increase the chances of someone escaping from a fire. I'm sure ye could stock lots of novelty items and make a large profit, but this is clearly not the priority here.

Everyone should have this!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭brian_t

I saw the Boiler Bleed Valve http://www.esbstore.ie/Product/Boiler-Bleed-Valve/1249/100 or something similar on the Dragons Den TV show and I thought it sounded really useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 funkyformal

My Dad swears by this for his oil tank so he never runs out. His old model recently died so I was happy to tell him that I saw it for sale at the ESBstore.ie. He said he would do a price comparison with a local supplier and it turned out to be cheaper to get it delivered from ESBstore.ie. He was glad to have it during the recent cold spell.

http://www.esbstore.ie/Product/Sensor-Systems-Watchman-Sonic-Oil-Level-Monitor/1244/300

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,248 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

mine has to be the Philips Living Colours LED Light http://www.esbstore.ie/Product/Philips-Living-Colours-LED-Light/1223/600
    Cause I feckin HATE painting, and with this gadget we can have different coloured walls every night

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Has to be the remote control switches! No more climbing under the christmas tree or into the back of the computer desk to turn everything off. Excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭aidan.connolly

Mine would be Energy Saving Lightbulbs. I find you get great longlife with them and also save electricity

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Raging_Hull

Mine is the Chimney Balloon. The best Eur 30 you'll spend. It saves a fortune in hot air needlessly blowing up the Chimney!

http://www.esbstore.ie/Product/Chimney-Balloon/1152/100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 eejit

Gelert Wind Up and Solar Power Radio €19.99

Bargain.. Take this anywhere and no hassle charging batteries. I want to buy loads for my friends if i get that voucher ;)

most importantly great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭fichillie

Definately the Sensor Systems Watchman Oil Level Monitor @ 79.95. There was alot of awkward measuring of oil in the tank over the winter in my home! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭spcw

I like the limescale remover
    http://www.esbstore.ie/Product/Fernox-Lime-Scale-Preventer/1239/100

could save me replacing a set of taps a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 bannerlady2

My favourite is the Solar Centre EVO 56 Solar Security Light, would feel very environmental and safe with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭bah1011

LED LENSER Jogger Light

Very handy on these dark nights as I live outside the lighted area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Capibara

http://www.esbstore.ie/Product/STK-iPhone-4-Power-Case/1269/600

I don't own an iPhone4 yet, but am wondering if I should buy it or not. If I won the €250 voucher for ESBStore.ie, I would buy this and then I would have to buy iPhone4:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Babalons

Id love to block up every orifice in my home with these Chimney Balloons...... Santa was a tight-ass this year and ate the presents value in cookies 3 times over! A few good old Chimney Ballo0ns would keep that tight-ass out next year.... :D

http://www.esbstore.ie/Product/Chimney-Balloon/1152/100

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Hector Mildew

The 'Airless Automatic De-Aerator' valve for radiators looks like it would save a lot of work. I'd buy a pack if the delivery wasn't so damn expensive (nothing a €250 voucher wouldn't fix :D).

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭shofukan

Oh lads... Oooohhh Lads... So many shiny things on that website...
    But the one I want absolutely, positively, quantifiably has to be this beast of a piece of equipment;

OsramHalogenClassic70W.jpg

For two really really good reasons,
    1, It's the only thing I can afford.
    and
    2, I could really do with some bright ideas.. I think this might help.
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭panevthe3rd

LED bulbs have to get my vote for the best of the store.

As a electrician I'm constantly trying to convince people to spend the extra bit on LED bulbs. They are gonna save the world some time soon.

Shame people just see the one time payment instead of the countless years of savings afterwords.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

It's gotta be the Chimney Balloon.

It's a Balloon......for a Chimney!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭davros

I looked at everything and this I think is genius. The Timeguard Plugin Thermostat. I could have heated up my little "home office" before getting out of bed during the cold snap, and saved myself all that pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Belford

Hello

I really like the lagging kitfor the cold water tank. Great idea in the cold weather

Rgds
    Belford

Hi Everyone,

This week, we're giving away another prize: a €250 voucher for ESBStore.ie! :)

ESBStore.ie is the perfect place to help you use less energy and save more money, thanks to the wide range of practical and innovative products on offer. There’s everything from solar powered iPod speakers to a host of insulation gear and lots of other products that will help make your home warmer, safer and more secure.

To be in with a chance of winning €250 worth of these great products, just tell us on this thread what's your favourite product on ESBStore.ie (and if you're feeling generous with your time, you can also tell us why you like it).

Best of luck!

David.

P.S. Just a reminder that we're happy to help with any home energy saving queries you may have, so feel free to ask us here...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I'd like some of these sp MrsAMerc and I can get romantic without burning the house down.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭p15574

I'd get the Devotec Bluetooth Stereo Speaker - no more wires or docking.
    http://www.esbstore.ie/Product/Devotec-Bluetoothand174-Stereo-Speaker/1258/600

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

In light of recent local events I would have to say my favourite product is the Ei Carbon Monoxide Alarm
    I think that everybody should have one. I am originally from the United States where carbon monoxide detectors are pretty standard, I don't think the need for them is being taken seriously here, and I don't think enough people realize they are just as important as a fire alarm if not more so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement