Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSU Election thread ***Read post 72 before posting***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Mediasoc are busying away with election vid but we'll have a mic and camera there tomorrow - may not be perfect but you'll get the gist!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Duddy wrote: »
    Mediasoc are busying away with election vid but we'll have a mic and camera there tomorrow - may not be perfect but you'll get the gist!
    Aw that's cool so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Abdul Abhaile

Hey, It's Ruaidhri here, I won't use the FYR profile for the rest of the campaign because it's technically the First Year Rep profile. My Finance Facebook profile is here http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ruaidhri-Boland-Your-choice-for-Finance/155055114552432

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Yeah think I will head over afterwards anyway! Is anyone going to be taking note of what people are saying during the hustings? I remember someone (banquo I think) did it last year and posted it on here - it was really useful in case anyone misses what's said or can't make it. I'd do it if it wasn't for the fact I won't be there for all of it!

Imma go send some questions to Duddy now :D

That was me. I'll only be at the Presidents one this year though.

Would have been a bit biased if Banquo had of reported on his own(and his opponent's) hustings speech. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Shay09

:DMaura Garihhy is running for this position for St Pat's Rep. She is a 2nd year Theology and Business student. She is highly involved in St Pat's. She is on the editorial team for the college magazine Siolta. Also she represented the college in Macedonia last year with another 2nd year student. Maura volunteers full time for a national organisation, as their PRO. Her experience has left her efficient and organised, with ideal characteristics for the St Pat's Rep. She has creative and ambitious ideas to help St Pat's students. I am posting this to encourage all St Pat's students to come out and vote on March 9th. Vote Maura no1 to have a greater voice in St Pat's and MSU. Also don't forget to vote yes to the referendum on the SU constituion:cool:, have your say. Thanks for the support:Dattachment.php?attachmentid=150173&d=1299084624

• Advertisement

Camera batteries ran out - no video:( bleh. May have St.Pats up though.

Just to confirm that Pádraig Ó' Lionáin has withdrawn as a candidate for Irish Language and Cultural Officer

Shay09 wrote: »
    :DMaura Garihhy is running for this position for St Pat's Rep. She is a 2nd year Theology and Business student. She is highly involved in St Pat's. She is on the editorial team for the college magazine Siolta. Also she represented the college in Macedonia last year with another 2nd year student. Maura volunteers full time for a national organisation, as their PRO. Her experience has left her efficient and organised, with ideal characteristics for the St Pat's Rep. She has creative and ambitious ideas to help St Pat's students. I am posting this to encourage all St Pat's students to come out and vote on March 9th. Vote Maura no1 to have a greater voice in St Pat's and MSU. Also don't forget to vote yes to the referendum on the SU constituion:cool:, have your say. Thanks for the support:Dattachment.php?attachmentid=150173&d=1299084624

Absolutely nothing against Maura, I only met her for the 1st time yesterday and she seems lovely, but what about Shmick? Having worked with him all year I know how hard working and dedicated he his, what are the arguments against him?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Bigtoe107

Well i'll be voting maura shes actually a very dedicated and nice person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 cathaldonnelly

So how do people think VP Welfare & ed hustings went yesterday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭AdmaialNimitz

Shay09 wrote: »
    Maura volunteers full time for a national organisation, as their PRO.

What National Organisation???

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭westdub15

i'll be voting for anyone who isn't a labour party hack and is not running for election just to further their prospects for national politics/trade union positions

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭ash xxx

westdub15 wrote: »
    i'll be voting for anyone who isn't a labour party hack and is not running for election just to further their prospects for national politics/trade union positions

And who would that refer to?? :rolleyes:

I assume that that's aimed at me. Would you care to substantiate this remark or is this just a brain fart that hit the keyboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭westdub15

considering i don't know who you are abdul abhaile no it was not aimed at you

Eilis Carey has withdrawn as a candidate for VP Comms/Dev

considering i don't know who you are abdul abhaile no it was not aimed at you

Ruaidhri Boland, running for Finance and as was raised today at hustings a Labour member.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭BuroniKiisu

Duddy wrote: »
    Anne Walsh has withdrawn as a candidate for VP Comms/Dev

Anne Walsh? Don't you mean Eilis Carey?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Vp Comms / Dev hustings was The. Most. Fun. Ever.

Edited! *massages temples*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Shay09

Elation is one of the organisations, it is for a band that tours Ireland and England, playing and teaching music to young people. Another that she helps out in allot holds Irelands biggest youth conference every summer. Which Maura both helped organised and was also a key note speaker. She is talented and organised and passionate for St Pats issues. A voice for theology students!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Hey, It's Ruaidhri here, I won't use the FYR profile for the rest of the campaign because it's technically the First Year Rep profile. My Finance Facebook profile is here http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ruaidhri-Boland-Your-choice-for-Finance/155055114552432

Just wondering Ruaidhrí. I saw some posters from your previous campaign from First Year Rep. You clearly said that you personally would campaign in order to keep the registration fee capped to €1,500. What have you done in a personal capacity (I.E not including SU protests or initiatives arranged by others) to do this? Secondly, do you now think that this was an unrealistic promise to make?

You've mentioned very clearly that you are a member of Labour. In which way will this impact your campaign?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 steve 4 enters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Will someone be recording either audio or just writing the presidents hustings on Monday. I have a question given to Duddy but I have a lecture at the same time :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Enough grammar and spelling mistakes to give me a headache.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭the_observer

banquo wrote: »
    Vp Comms / Dev hustings was The. Most. Fun. Ever.

"Man, its a pity there isn't some kind of interconnected network of computers to make this easier. A web of sorts..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Should this thread be closed? Surely this conversation belongs in the MSU election thread? Otherwise we'll have seperate threads for each race, and indeed maybe each candidate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 shmici

ha!
    forgot to mention to the boardies that I'm re-running for pat's....
    all i've done so fr was give out about the fact the tread was originally called NUIMSU elections!
    not that really any of you can vote for me, or that any of you really care about the position itself! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Merged with St.Pat's Rep thread.

All election based shenanigans in this thread please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 cathaldonnelly

Now that my own are over, i'm looking forward to the Presidential hustings :) Roll on the 70 candidates i've got all day on Monday and a tonne of free tea so hit me with your rhetoric sticks! :D

Advertisement