Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSU Election thread ***Read post 72 before posting***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Even though it involves running against the formidable Keith Broni, I handed in my nomination form today for VP Comms and Dev.
    =O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 cathaldonnelly

Oisin's beaten me to it i suppose, but yup nomination form for VP Welfare & Education filled in and dropped into SU office like a boss :D

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Nision

declan06 wrote: »
    Having given it a lot of thought, I've decided to seek nomination for President of Maynooth SU.

For what reasons?

Declan for Job!

How so Joe wrote: »
    Even though it involves running against the formidable Keith Broni, I handed in my nomination form today for VP Comms and Dev.
    =O

It would help if you said who you are... ;)

Nision wrote: »
    It would help if you said who you are... ;)
    You make a good point. I forgot that my Boards username isn't as obvious as my twitter handle.
    I'm Aislinn O'Connell, 3rd year Law and French.
    here here and here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭declan06

For what reasons?

Declan for Job!

Well I haven't finished the manifesto yet, but here's what I'm thinking of:
    -National campaigns, fighting the emigration tax, protecting the Irish Language
    -Local campaigns, get Union Council working, get women involved in the Union
    -Communications, let people know what's on in their Union, get people involved
    -Ents, make them cheaper, bring back Monday nights and get a wider range of cans in the Union.

If anyone would like to join my campaign team, DM me or email me at dmeenagh@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Boards = Suggestion Box of Wonders

We've decided, looking at your ideas, to accept questions via email - we'll then pick the few most asked ones for Hustings.

Any earlybirds can email questions to returningofficer@nuimsu.com

Questions from the floor however, will still be screened.

Well I haven't finished the manifesto yet, but here's what I'm thinking of:
    -National campaigns, fighting the emigration tax, protecting the Irish Language
    -Local campaigns, get Union Council working, get women involved in the Union
    -Communications, let people know what's on in their Union, get people involved
    -Ents, make them cheaper, bring back Monday nights and get a wider range of cans in the Union.

If anyone would like to join my campaign team, DM me or email me at dmeenagh@gmail.com

Emigration tax??

"Get Union Council working, get women involved in the Union"
    Badly needed in fairness to you Union council was pretty much all male last time i checked, but, eh, how?
    Good policy, id like to hear more of this. I know of your affiliation with Labour, would you favour a gender quota?

Union council needs overhaul.

Emigration tax??

"Get Union Council working, get women involved in the Union"
    Badly needed in fairness to you Union council was pretty much all male last time i checked, but, eh, how?
    Good policy, id like to hear more of this. I know of your affiliation with Labour, would you favour a gender quota?

Union council needs overhaul.

I think mentor new class reps would help get UC working again
    And no I wouldn't support a gender quota
    I'm working on that policy, it will be in the manifesto.

I think mentor new class reps would help get UC working again

Huh?

• Advertisement

Huh?

Assign each exec member a few class reps to mentor.
    They would meet up before UC and make sure they all knew what was going on.

You think the issue is the complicated procedure? Thats a tad insulting towards class reps in fairness

I dont agree, apathy is the cause in my opinion

I see.

You think the issue is the complicated procedure?

I dont agree, apathy is the cause in my opinion

I'll be dealing with that as well, but I think being reassured that there's someone who will help you if you need it will be of some use.

I haven't finished my manifesto, but when I do boards.ie will be the first place I post it, so will take further questions then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 geeeee

=O
    Unfortunately Keith knows more people than you... joe

geeeee wrote: »
    Unfortunately Keith knows more people than you... joe

The first one post account, the first of many.

Hello aislinng?

The first one post account, the first of many.

Hello aislinng?

wat...? aislinng? please elaborate

Two posts, recently joined to criticise Broni.

I saw the original post before you edited it.

Hello Aislinn! Bit early to go negative...

I'm a little confused... am I being accused of negativity towards Broni? I have nothing but respect for him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I'm a little confused... am I being accused of negativity towards Broni? I have nothing but respect for him!
    That's what I'm taking from that post? But I don't understand why you'd apparently re-reg to spout abuse at other candidates when you already have an account :confused:

Good luck to everyone who's running in the elections. Looking forward to being harassed by people in brightly coloured tshirts on my way into buildings on campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

Maybe, just maybe, geeee is somebody who simply doesn't like Broni and is in here saying what they are saying for no other reason than that, with no self serving political agenda in mind?

• Advertisement

Your not very smart Nision... but sure whatever i'm aislinn, i think twitter is cool and stuff...

and i'm not being negative to broni, i'm being negative to both parties here. But see its ok cause keith will get the position he's spent 2 years kissing union ass to get. He's presence(thinking drama is cool) on campus is strong enough to guarantee that.

but why is this nobody(honestly no offence joe, i mean strictly from a union prospective) running against him...?

Joe, last time you bought a drink in the su, chatted to Mary McCourt, complained about the prize of food when your trying to "Get Stuffed"???

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭BuroniKiisu

Well this has certainly gotten out of hand since I last posted.

@ How so Joe: Thank you for your kind words so far. Although I definitely plan on being a formidable opponent, I wish you the best of luck on the campaign trail. May the best candidate win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

geeee banned until after the elections.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

As this is the closest thing to a relevant thread, I would like to confirm that I am not seeking re-election. It has been an honour and a privilege to serve as President of the Union, but also unbelievably challenging. I wish all the candidates well, and if anyone would like to chat to me at any point just drop me an email and make an appointment.

A few weeks ago the Executive unanimously approved my nomination for Deputy President and Campaigns Officer of the Union of Students in Ireland. I was also nominated by the Students' Unions of NUI Galway, UCC, UCD, Trinity, IADT Dún Laoghaire and St Angela's College Sligo. The election will take place at USI Congress on the 14th of March, and my single opponent is the serving Education Officer Colm Murphy.

Wish me luck!

Much Love,
    Aengus

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

As this is the closest thing to a relevant thread, I would like to confirm that I am not seeking re-election. It has been an honour and a privilege to serve as President of the Union, but also unbelievably challenging. I wish all the candidates well, and if anyone would like to chat to me at any point just drop me an email and make an appointment.

A few weeks ago the Executive unanimously approved my nomination for Deputy President and Campaigns Officer of the Union of Students in Ireland. I was also nominated by the Students' Unions of NUI Galway, UCC, UCD, Trinity, IADT Dún Laoghaire and St Angela's College Sligo. The election will take place at USI Congress on the 14th of March, and my single opponent is the serving Education Officer Colm Murphy.

Wish me luck!

Much Love,
    Aengus

*couldn't be prouder*

Wish me luck!

Much Love,
    Aengus

Well done on all the great work you've done so far, and best of luck with USI.

New candidate for President collecting signatures in the SU bar just there.

Charlie O'Neill,

I asked him his reasons for running and he said "im working on that"

He's only 19 so can't be in final year yet?

Big age gap between various candidates this year, as opposed to everyone usually being around the same age and in final year.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Mastroph

New candidate for President collecting signatures in the SU bar just there.

Charlie O'Neill,

I asked him his reasons for running and he said "im working on that"

Big age gap between various candidates this year, as opposed to everyone usually being around the same age and in final year.
    I'm pretty sure he's not running as a serious candidate. One of those "Wouldn't it be funny if I got it? LOL" Type of deals. Don't get me wrong, the guy's sound, I won't be voting for him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭BuroniKiisu

He's final year History and Greek & Roman Civilisation.

Like Mastroph said, I don't think he's running with serious intentions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Mastroph

He's final year History and Greek & Roman Civilisation.

Like Mastroph said, I don't think he's running with serious intentions.
    Spoke to him today, he was looking for signatures in GameSoc. When asked why he was running, he said because it's a paid position. So ya.

Advertisement