Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's A Slut?

Options
  • 07-01-2011 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

Following on from the sexuality thread, I was wondering what would you define as a slut? I think most of us are agreed that the amount of partners a woman has does not equate to being a slut, or do you disagree? Do you think the term is outdated and damaging or do you think it still can be applied in some cases?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

A slut is someone who sleeps with everyone except you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

A word a man uses for a woman who won't sleep with him, and a word a woman uses for another woman she's pissed at for sleeping with someone she didn't want her to sleep with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

A slut is someone is is indiscreet about her sexlife.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

trad wrote:
    A slut is someone who sleeps with everyone except you.
    I dunno, I've slept with women I would have considered utter whores by any other name. Meh I needed an itch scratched. I'm quite sure enough of the ladies out there have done and thought similar of man slappas they've been with.

Personally I'd define it as a man or woman with no sexual discretion or loyalty.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

It's a word a lot of immature people use against women (and, much more rarely, men) who enjoy recreational sex to try and in some way make themselves feel superior (because they're "better than that") and/or to fit in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,083 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Someone who cheats.

I wouldn't apply it to anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

A slut is someone is is indiscreet about her sexlife.

And what word do we use to describe a man who is indiscreet about his sex life?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

A man-whore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

There is no such thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

A stupid word to describe a female who enjoys partaking in the act of sexual intercourse who isn't ashamed of sharing it with her peers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

A slut is the drunk woman that I threw out of the bar tonight.

Went through 4 guys in the space of two hours. She was about 30yrs old. No way attractive at all. Her intox level got higher over time, so she got asked too leave. Partly because she was gonna run out of men in a few hours and make a tit of herself along the way.

She was a slut.

Rabies wrote: »
    A slut is the drunk woman that I threw out of the bar tonight.

Went through 4 guys in the space of two hours. She was about 30yrs old. No way attractive at all. Her intox level got higher over time, so she got asked too leave. Partly because she was gonna run out of men in a few hours and make a tit of herself along the way.

She was a slut.

Are you being serious or taking the piss?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Isn't it olde-tyme slang for a woman with a dirty doorstep, or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭28064212

A word as complex and meaningless as love

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

Somebody who will ride you and all your mates and most of their mates..

That_Guy wrote: »
    Are you being serious or taking the piss?

100% serious.

Her hooking up with people wasn't the issue at first, it was a mixture of intox and her making an ass of herself. Even got a few comments from regulars.

Her looks had no bearing on it at all before that question is asked.

100% serious.

Her hooking up with people wasn't the issue at first, it was a mixture of intox and her making an ass of herself. Even got a few comments from regulars.

Her looks had no bearing on it at all before that question is asked.

So she's a slut for drinking a lot? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

Went through 4 guys in the space of two hours
    That would be my interpretation of a slut. That and someone shagging any number of people at the same time (i don't mean gangbangin now!).

I wouldn't call anyone enjoying themselves with a different person every other week a slut.

So she's a slut for drinking a lot? :confused:

No. Her actions made her a slut in my eyes. Alcohol may have made it worse.

After she was finished with one guy, she moved straight to the next. Arms all over. In for the kiss straight off. It was desperation that made her look like a slut. Try all until someone takes ya home.

No. Her actions made her a slut in my eyes. Alcohol may have made it worse.

After she was finished with one guy, she moved straight to the next. Arms all over. In for the kiss straight off. It was desperation that made her look like a slut. Try all until someone takes ya home.

If I did that I'd have pepper spray in my eyes. :(

• Advertisement

I wouldn't call anyone enjoying themselves with a different person every other week a slut.

Same. Thats fine.
    Even every few days someone that likes a lot of loving :D

We've all had our promiscuous times :p

If I did that I'd have pepper spray in my eyes. :(
    i just thoughted, do contacts help to protect from pepper spray? :confused:
    Same. Thats fine.
    Even every few days someone that likes a lot of loving

We've all had our promiscuous times
    LoL! yeah.. good times.. good times!! :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

That and someone shagging any number of people at the same time (i don't mean gangbangin now!).

What if they're polyamorous?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

Someone who hands out sloppy seconds.

MyKeyG wrote: »
    Someone who hands out sloppy seconds.

My mam handed me out seconds for Christmas dinner. Was a fairly sloppy job tbh.

iguana wrote: »
    What if they're polyamorous?
    *gets dictionary out*

umm.. well.. they have the concent of everyone involved! so.. i guess they're group slutting? :eek:

phew.. nailed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Sorry to say all but for me a slut (usually only directed at woman although my view is the same even if the guy did this) is someone who very easily decides to jump in to a bed with someone who they hardly know.

I'm sick of the society tolerating this behaviour be it from a man or a woman. No wonder STD's are such a huge problem when people are behaving this way.

In my view you should only jump in to a bed with someone you get to know and believe if they / you were to get pregnant you could see yourself spending the next 50-60 years together.

Sorry to say, but if you don't look at it that way than we are no better than animals and yet we want to believe we are more intelligent.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

There is no such thing.
    as a man whore? Eh yea there is. In a big way.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭nesbitt

iguana wrote: »
    Isn't it olde-tyme slang for a woman with a dirty doorstep, or something like that.

Better grab the mop and bucket and get scrubbin so:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Peanut2011 wrote: »
    Sorry to say all but for me a slut (usually only directed at woman although my view is the same even if the guy did this) is someone who very easily decides to jump in to a bed with someone who they hardly know.

I'm sick of the society tolerating this behaviour be it from a man or a woman. No wonder STD's are such a huge problem when people are behaving this way.

In my view you should only jump in to a bed with someone you get to know and believe if they / you were to get pregnant you could see yourself spending the next 50-60 years together.

Sorry to say, but if you don't look at it that way than we are no better than animals and yet we want to believe we are more intelligent.

Well, I disagree, and I won't call you an animal or anything just for not sharing my view!

Advertisement