Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards Better Body Super Challenge 2011

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Have had a disasterous few weeks, havent been following any excerise or eating plan. Luckily enough haven't managed to gain, so am all geared up to get my act together from tomorrow morning onwards.

From next week on i will be free in the mornings so I have joined the local gym, went to a spin class friday for the first time in a year!!! Can't wait to really get back into it.

I am following the ww propoints plan, but have no real faith in ww anymore, from reading the forums around here I now KNOW i need to educate myself properly about food. I will continue to go to ww, because I do benefit greatly from having a weekly weigh in, but won't be buying the ww products. Gonna learn how to cook properly!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭PocketWatch

Weighed myself today and I'm the same weight as I was 2 weeks ago. All things considered I'm pleased with that, I havn't gained anything even after a shocking week then an alright one (but by no means good!!)

Starting weight : 118 lbs
    Week 1 : 116.6 lbs
    Week 2 : 115.8 lbs
    Week 3 : 118.5 lbs
    Week 4 : 114.8 lbs
    Week 5 : 115.5 lbs
    Week 6 : 116.2 lbs
    Week 7 : ---
    Week 8 : 116.2 lbs

Right, I think this has given me the motivation to keep going. Although this week I wont be at home for the majority of it, I'll be staying at a friends house and their parents give HUGE portion unfortunately and I won't be able to go running till thursday but hopefully I can still do reasonably well.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭approve

Glad I havent been the only one who has fallen off the wagon! Have had the worst few weeks, eating, bingeing and generally just filling myself with so much sugar I wouldnt be surprised if I brought on Diabetes!!!
    Have had a lot of stress in my life too. Money worries and general day to day stresses, and where other people might smoke or drink... I eat.
    My only saving grace is that I've continued to exercise through it all. If I hadn't I'd be a stone up. Think I'm up about 6lbs but will weigh myself tomorrow to confirm, and am going to start again tomorrow. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭beefjerky

Good luck approve and fair play for getting back into it!

I stopped after about a week last time round, I just got lazy, terrible attitude towards it altogether, my head wasn’t in it and I got injured.

But I started again 10 days ago and am really enjoying it this time. it was said to me before the importance of having targets, short, medium and long-term and it is totally true.

To keep my short-term target clear, I'm not concentrating or focusing on weight loss or strength training, just on fitness at the moment. I signed up for the 5km in Malahide on 28th May so have an actual target to work to. By having a clear target like this, it is easier for me to stick to it.

Currently in week 2 of c25k, also press up, squats and situps programs. I don’t have a gym membership.

For the medium-term targets:
    • Incorporate a resistance program
    • Set a 10km target.
    • Reduce BF% by cleaning diet (not that it is bad now, but it can always be better)
    That will be about 10 – 12 weeks itself so will evaluate and set new goals for the next stage.

I’ve exams coming up at the start of May and have to say that I am now able to focus much easier on studying than when I was not exercising. Healthy body, healthy mind and all that! Sleeping better also.

If you find yourself falling behind in the training, just keep at it! Keep motivated by setting goals and you’ll soon get into the habit of getting out and doing it. You can find motivation from lots of places, but the best thing for me is from the increased energy and feeling my fitness level raising, it really spurs me on.

Everyone will have off days, there is no denying that, but the highs and benefits you get from exercising totally eclipse any down you may have.

And just to end, I’ve realised the importance of taking things slow. I’ve had injury problems since last August, and twice have been reinjured by rushing headlong into something. As (insert inspirational character here) once said, “Fitness is a marathon, not a sprint”. Take your time, enjoy it and don’t look back!

Jes beefjerky thanks so much for that. You sound so motivated. My lack of discipline doesnt lie in exercise...its in food! I love exercise and as you mentioned, the feeling of getting fitter. I too have signed up for a 10k in Galway in June. I did it last year for the first time and though it was tough I really enjoyed it.....and the session afterwards:D. We went for a 3mile run last night, it was ok, breathing was a bit off but will keep at it. I also do aerobics/interval training twice a week, bootcamp on a saturday morning and am just back from a weights session. I dont have a gym membership either but am very lucky that our local gym lets you pay-as-you-go. But my addiction to all things carb/sugar loaded is bad and can get out of control at times. I use food like others use cigarettes or drink. Thinking of joining a slimming club to get the structure and support, though I dont have an awfull lot to loose....maybe 14 or 15 lb. I'll keep posting;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭beefjerky

How are people getting on here? It's been a while since any posts...

I did W3D2 of C25K last night, it was OK, could have gone better though. i was surprised to see my distance was less than any of week 2's runs but my speed was up on the jogging parts... i thought the distance would have gone up too but I must have been walking slower.

Was a bit of a mess over the long weekend, but kept up with the runs and a bit of cross training as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

actually going quite well for me
    bodyfat down through diet, have not been doing much cardio.

bench has improved
    deadlifts improved
    shoulder dumbbell press improved
    seated rows improved
    (squats are suspended due to knee issues)
    though my ability to do pull ups has diminished as my weight has actually gone up! gonna focus on that

all in all I'm happy with progress. lots to do though

Think we were all a bit of a mess over the long weekend:p I've been working hard on the running. Have been gradually upping the distances but not worrying too much about the speed. Friends who are keen runners tell me the speed will come in time! We have a little 'running group' now and 5-6 of us meet up twice or three times a week. We're doing 4.2 miles tonight which will be a challenge for me as 3.6 is the furthest I've ran yet. Did a good weights session tuesday which felt good as I hadn't been doing much in the gym.
    Food was crazy over the long weekend, eating out, drinking beer and eating chocolate:( so have been really trying over the last couple of days...filling up on veg and fruit and lots of whole grains. Haven't weighed in a while...maybe next week. Enjoy the next bank holiday everyone.:D

Advertisement