Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013; Eat my dust Meno!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

menoscemo wrote: »
    I agree. I wonder if we can get anyone to coach her?

The way she's going she'll be coaching next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

Epic, race and report!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Ok, I'm just about to post my race report on my log and I've just read Claralara's, not only does she beat me at racing she beats me to the report post:)
    I fear it may be just as long as hers but definitely not quite as entertaining:)
    Pop over and have a read of Dr Zhivago The sequel if you've just woken from your nap;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Good lord, it took me almost as long to read yours and Martha's report as it did to run the half on Sun :D

Well done again - awesome stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Right, just finished reading your race report and now have to put the clock back an hour as it's Autumn.... :D;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Well done again. Brilliant report, loved it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

I applaud you CL, epic report on an epic performance. Conn should get you to do PR for them.

I think your report should be mandatory reading for anyone who plans to start running to see how far you can go in a couple of years.

My tea's gone cold:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭The_Boy_Wonder

Savage performance

Not only do you run great races, you write great reports. Irish Runner could do a lot worse than printing your race report

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Jesus, that felt like 39.3 miles of reading ;)

I just wanted you all to feel like you were there with me! :D

• Advertisement

tunguska wrote: »
    If race reports we're films you'd be Dr Zhivago............

I'd love to see what you could do if you followed a structured training plan. Honestly I think you could go sub 3 hours for the marathon if not this year defintely next.

Gosh that is some leap from where I was planning on going next... Interesting thought. I'd wouldn't mind doing some research about what achieving that sort of time would entail? Next up for me is the Berlin Marathon in September and I don't think I'd be anywhere near that sort of shape by then. Would love to give Berlin a really good shot at a time close to 3:30 though.

If there is any interesting reading out there, send it my way! :)

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Right, just finished reading your race report and now have to put the clock back an hour as it's Autumn.... :D;)

I just finished reading Marthastew's and it looks like it's time to put them forward again! :p:D

digger2d2 wrote: »
    claralara wrote: »
    I just finished reading Marthastew's and it looks like it's time to put them forward again! :p:D

Haha... Glad to see my comic genius is rubbing off (easy lads) on you ;):D

. :)
    Thanks so much for all the support the whole way round Marthastew - I don’t think I could have done it without you. Boys - thanks for annoying us chicas so much with your trash talk, that we had no option but to leave you for dust! :)

:D:D

It's I (me? bad grammar tut tut) who could not have done it without you, we make a super team:)
    I honestly think that we are twins that were seperated at birth, except for the small matter of ahem years difference between us, time for RQ to crack an OAP joke I think???

Well done again, I'm thrilled for you, to beat your marathon PB during an Ultra was some achievement, I know I definitely could not have done it.
    Next stop Berlin:D:D:D:D

Marthastew wrote: »
    It's I (me? bad grammar tut tut) who could not have done it without you, we make a super team:)
    I honestly think that we are twins that were seperated at birth, except for the small matter of ahem years difference between us, time for RQ to crack an OAP joke I think???

Well done again, I'm thrilled for you, to beat your marathon PB during an Ultra was some achievement, I know I definitely could not have done it.
    Next stop Berlin:D:D:D:D

That hasn't been a problem for CL thus far ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Well done CL. Great run and epic report. I missed out on a nights sleep but it was worth it :)

44th out of 217 starters (and 209 finishers)

4th
    in my category - female senior

13.1 Mile 1:56:51

26.2 Mile 1:56:26

39.3 Mile 1:54:53

Gun 5:48:25

Chip 5:48:10

Delighted with my negative split there!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

44th out of 217 starters (and 209 finishers)

4th in my category - female senior

13.1 Mile 1:56:51

26.2 Mile 1:56:26

39.3 Mile 1:54:53

Gun 5:48:25

Chip 5:48:10

Delighted with my negative split there!! :D:D

I seem to recall someone* mentioning it was an impossibility to negative split...?
    (*Meno - I'm looking at you!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

belcarra wrote: »
    I seem to recall someone* mentioning it was an impossibility to negative split...?
    (*Meno - I'm looking at you!!)

Nope I never said it's impossible as Oisin did it last year!!

Absolutely great performance to be negative splitting a course like that. Rememeber I ran 3:24 Mara before the ultra last year l and you just beat my 2011 time.
    Sub 3:30 is a certainty for you right now (once you have recovered of course :pac:). By the Time Berlin comes you will be going for even faster I hope. Just please don't touch my Blackpool PB (unless I beat it myself of course ;))

Only a 13 second marathon PB though. Lots to work on now!!

• Advertisement

Distance | Previous PB | 2012 PB | Event
    1 mile | 6.37 | N/A | Goal Mile 25 December 2011
    5k | 24:18 | 20:29 | MSB 5K 18 March 2012
    10K | 54:03 | N/A | Dunshaughlin 26 June 2011
    5 miles | 42:21 | 34:47 | Raheny 5 29 January 2012
    10 miles | 1:29.08 | N/A | Dublin Race Series 21 August 2010 :o
    13.1 miles | 1:59.49 | 1:54.53 |Final 13.1 miles Connemara Ultra 1 April 2012
    26.2 miles | 3:53.30 | 3:53.17 |First 26.2 miles Connemara Ultra 1 April 2012
    50K | N/A | 4.37:22 | Donadea 50K 18 February 2012
    39.3 miles | N/A | 5:48.10 | Connemara Ultra 1 April 2012

Only a 13 second marathon PB though. Lots to work on now!!

A PB is a PB:D

Well done, that chart above is very impressive!
    Fantastic result.

I do think it's a little bit funny though that you're the senior not Digdig and I:D

Distance | Previous PB | 2012 PB | Event
    1 mile | 6.37 | N/A | Goal Mile 25 December 2011
    5k | 24:18 | 20:29 | MSB 5K 18 March 2012
    10K | 54:03 | N/A | Dunshaughlin 26 June 2011
    5 miles | 42:21 | 34:47 | Raheny 5 29 January 2012
    10 miles | 1:29.08 | N/A | Dublin Race Series 21 August 2010 :o
    13.1 miles | 1:59.49 | 1:54.53 |Final 13.1 miles Connemara Ultra 1 April 2012
    26.2 miles | 3:53.30 | 3:51.19 |Final 26.2 miles Connemara Ultra 1 April 2012
    50K | N/A | 4.37:22 | Donadea 50K 18 February 2012
    39.3 miles | N/A | 5:48.10 | Connemara Ultra 1 April 2012

FYP
    If you took your final 26.2 from Conn Ultra, you mara PB would be a lot better ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

I love the fact that everyone writes such epic race reports all of a sudden! :)

Well done, especially on the negative split. That's just awesome! Congratulations. You've clearly showed the boys how to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Congratulations CL on a fantastic race and a fantastic report...yourself and Martha are such great inspirations to the rest of us.. and i really admire the both of you. I hope you are enjoying a well deserved rest!

You have some great PBs on that table, long may it continue!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Great reading Claralara!! Hope you are enjoying the recovery :)

Friday 6th April
    3 @ 9:28
    Woke up to this morning to a present of a pair a bright shiny pink and white Kinvaras... It would have been rude not to take them for a spin. A nice handy recovery - first run since Conn - legs feel good :)

Nice finish line pic from sunday!! (CL can't post it from her phone)

6901918962_51d739a8e2_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Great pic CL.

• Advertisement

Friday 6th April
    3 @ 9:28
    Woke up to this morning to a present of a pair a bright shiny pink and white Kinvaras... It would have been rude not to take them for a spin. A nice handy recovery - first run since Conn - legs feel good :)

They are purple and white :confused:;)

Advertisement