Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013; Eat my dust Meno!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Oisin11178 wrote: »
    Of all the people going for 6 hours i reckon you are in the strongest position. i dont think you quite realise how much youve improved.

Cheers dude!

If I've underestimated myself, I think that would awesome...but we will have to wait and see how the day goes..

I'm nervous :D:o:(:);):pac::confused::cool::p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

claralara wrote: »

Normal day for you then?:D

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Normal day for you then?:D

Just my regular old Jekyll and Hyde disposition... one is never safe!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Cheers dude!

If I've underestimated myself, I think that would awesome...but we will have to wait and see how the day goes..

I did the Connemarathon in 2003, I did one training session 6 weeks beforehand , a 6 miles run, didnt feel too bad so decided to go for it, back then there was less than 200 on it. I got around just under 5 hours I think, it was grand good fun, dont psyche yourself out, its just a bit of fun. I think my preparation was so ridiculous that I actually was laughing to myself as I went around, especially when I saw that mountain to go over at the 20 mile mark.
    Theres all sorts of people at all sorts of paces, you will be fine.

I did the Connemarathon in 2003, I did one training session 6 weeks beforehand , a 6 miles run, didnt feel too bad so decided to go for it, back then there was less than 200 on it. I got around just under 5 hours I think, it was grand good fun, dont psyche yourself out, its just a bit of fun. I think my preparation was so ridiculous that I actually was laughing to myself as I went around, especially when I saw that mountain to go over at the 20 mile mark.

She's doing the ultra! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

She's doing the ultra! ;)
    ohhh didnt realise that .... jaysus...scrath what I said so.. :eek::eek:... good luck

Thanks for the advice (not that I'd advocate running a marathon on the back of 6 weeks training and one long run of 6 miles)...but see post above...

I'll be adding a half marathon onto a 4 hour marathon and discovering that hill at 37 miles so a wee bit different... :)

I'll be adding a half marathon onto a 4 hour marathon and discovering that hill at 37 miles so a wee bit different... :)

You've come a long way from snot bubbles and tears at 6,12,18 miles on a run! ;)

I need to get back to serious training before you hand me my ass in a race.:eek:

You've come a long way from snot bubbles and tears at 6,12,18 miles on a run! ;)

Gosh, that was a whole year ago.. who'd have thunk I'd still be here. I expect there are plenty of tough snot bubbly LSRs to come in the next six months... Berlin training will be a different ball game altogether! I hope you're all there and ready with the snot rags!
    I need to get back to serious training before you hand me my ass in a race.:eek:

Would you like fries with that?! ;)

Would you like fries with that?! ;)

Oh, it's on now!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Yeah i remember, the upset Claralara last year going up the Kybher and around the Furry Glen.

However i also remember the boundy Claralara singing Rihanna as she blazed a trail through Dublin last October. There's still people she passed on Pearse Street wondering where the heck she came from. Oisin's right, you've no idea how far you've come in one year.

God help any half or full marathon person who get in the way on Sunday, they're likely to get run over.:D

May the ultra be with you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

We arrived in Galway around 5 and went straight to register and pick up numbers and chips. At this stage I had kind of forgotten the real reason I was in Galway and was more excited about our mini break! I corrected the guy who sent me to the Half Marathon Registration table and insisted much to his amusement that I really was doing the Full – his reaction brought me swiftly back to earth with a bang. He firstly smiled in a ‘pull the other one way’; he then said ‘are you really? Brave girl!’. When I thought I couldn’t feel any more uneasy, he looked me up and down and said ‘I presume you’ve done some training?’ and then topped it all off with some bits of advice including – ‘You do know it’s 26miles right? You could be out there a while. I’d recommend wearing sun cream’. Now I would have been fine with all of this had everyone been getting the spiel but I appeared to be the only recipient – everyone else got ‘here’s your pack, best of luck!’ To say that encounter unnerved me would be an understatement – it frightened the bejaysus out of me!!

Can't wait to see this guys face when you turn up to register for the ultra this year. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭runrabbit

Good luck on Sunday - hope you enjoy every minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Give it socks on Sunday CL!! You've put in amazing training, and no doubt will have a cracking day :D Looking forward to reading all about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Hope you have a brilliant day on Sunday, you really really deserve it after the training you've put in. Leg it girl, just leg it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭chinguetti

menoscemo wrote: »
    Can't wait to see this guys face when you turn up to register for the ultra this year. :D

Well remembered Meno. Will this be the first case of someone passing out at a number pick up when she slides over to the ultra table, suncream in hand and goes '39.3 miles: hows about it?'

chinguetti wrote: »
    Will this be the first case of someone passing out at a number pick up when she slides onto to the ultra table, babyoil in hand and goes '39.3 miles: hows about it?'

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Cutex

I was going to wish you good luck but after reading your log it doesn't look like you need it :eek:

I'll just say enjoy your ultra (did i just put those words together!) and reap the rewards of all your hard work-Go Girl! I really hope the same guy is on registration this year.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

As others have said O there is no need to wish you luck because you so dont need it, you have done some fantastic training and are in great shape. Hope you do meet that guy from registration but at the end when you can tell him your excellent time and get him to shove it where the sun dont shine :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Best of luck CL . see you out there somewhere :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Very best of luck cl you will do great. Hopefully catch up with you at some
    Point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

What's all this talk about baby oil and some kind of ultra-something-or-other goin' on?? ;)

Best of luck, cl....and do enjoy the joy of the wave you are riding. :D

Thanks for all the well wishes. Just filled up on a huge dins and a glass of vino rouge (to calm the nerves!) and back in the hotel now packing bags, pinning numbers, attaching timing chips.... Brekkie due to the room at 6am, buses at 7, race briefing at 8 and gun at 9. Feeling pretty nervous now. Legs don't feel like they're going to want to play game tomorrow but fingers crossed!! Ta ta for now... Hopefully I'll be back soon in one piece ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Awesome running. Well done.

Race ya next year. :)

There really are no limits for you, congratulations.

You two are killing me. What was her time?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

5.48, from th Connemarathon thread.
    Great running claralara!I think you should stick to ultras now so I don't have to watch my back in the shorter races

Holy crap, she so rocks. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

5th lady I believe, came flying through the finish line after run the last 2 miles sub 8 minute and was up jumping about straight while I spent half an hour on a chair in bits.

Well done CL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Awesome run CL - was a pleasure to run with you, until you smashed the group at Leenane:)

Fantastic time - be very proud of it.

Advertisement