Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013; Eat my dust Meno!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Jeepers, I'm not quite sure what to make of all of this. My feeling at the minute is that I could walk out under a bus tomorrow and not even make it to the start line. :rolleyes:

It will all depend on the day itself guys. I mean, looking out my window onto the streets of Dublin today didn't infuse much hope for a timely marathon.

I'm sure I shouldn’t have done done 12 miles way faster than marathon pace the last week of taper but to be honest I was just running to feel. It's what I've been doing all along - it's just that up until now, 'feel' has been uncomfortable 9.45 minute miles.

Because I decided I wasn't feeling right for Dublin a while back, it went off my radar as a serious goal and became a day that I was looking forward to enjoying, a t-shirt and a good knees-up after. That's still what it is, and God only knows what the day itself will bring given my history of racing events!!

In any event, I've taken the opportunity of the horrendous weather yesterday and today to do very little so hopefully the legs will thank me for that.

digger2d2 wrote: »
    She had some Dude with a helmet cam following her in Connemara, I think she'd have called the cops if she'd had her mobile on her! ;)

Ah Pierre mon petit champignon...swoon... :D
    Meno and Brian, if they have money on it :pac:
    ''If'' ?

I think you should get onto Paddy Power, relay my history and current form, mistakes made, lessons both learned and ignored, etc and see what sort of odds you'd get on me running a decent marathon. There could be some interesting money won and lost around here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭chinguetti

You'll be grand once Vagga doesn't try and trip you up again:D

chinguetti wrote: »
    You'll be grand once Vagga doesn't try and trip you up again:D

If Vagga and his size 16's come within sneezing distance of me, I'll probably be floored and out of the game! I'm sure he'd stop to pick me up though...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

claralara wrote: »
    If Vagga and his size 16's come within sneezing distance of me, I'll probably be floored and out of the game! I'm sure he'd stop to pick me up though...:rolleyes:

He didn't last time, he just caught up with me and had a good laugh about it!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Meno and Brian, if they have money on it :pac:

Right Brian, if you're reading, Whats the odds?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

menoscemo wrote: »

Sub 4; 2/1
    Sub 4:10; Evens

Feel free to ask me for a quote on any other boardsie running the dcm :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Sub 4; 2/1

I'll have a fiver on sub 4.

CL I might be able to provide piggy backs if the going gets tough :pac:

I'll have a fiver on sub 4.

CL I might be able to provide piggy backs if the going gets tough :pac:

You're on. No offence CL, it's strictly business :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Some lucky girl just got herself 26.2 miles of personalised pacing :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Sub 4; 2/1

You can offer betting in running of me going under 3:45 ;-) odds could drift as the race progresses though

pistol_75 wrote: »
    You can offer betting in running of me going under 3:45 ;-) odds could drift as the race progresses though

Depends on how much you wanna bet. I'll make sure we throw in a few surges on the uphills to drop you ;)

It would be kinda funny if i wanted one of my pacees to drop back for financial reasons. I've a feeling i'd get the sack, just as well we get our pacing money beforehand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Can you imagine the scene, Meno shouting at Claralara to 'jump on my back and i'll help you along'.

Cue 30 people charging at Meno for a free piggy back.

pistol_75 wrote: »

Depends on how much you wanna bet. I'll make sure we throw in a few surges on the uphills to drop you ;)

It would be kinda funny if i wanted one of my pacees to drop back for financial reasons. I've a feeling i'd get the sack, just as well we get our pacing money beforehand :)

Haha. I like a bet but wouldn't want to put the hex on myself.

Always good to see my log being put to use - not for insights or advice (given or received) on running but for other more important things...in this case - a gambling ring!!

If I get disqualified for race-fixing and my performance enhancing drugs are discovered and confiscated, you all owe me several pints!! :)

Yesterday was very upsetting for me in terms of taper madness - I had to walk around town in ridonculous heels all morning. And I couldn't refuse to attend meetings after a mere week in the job. Do these people not understand the dangers??!!

Working from home today so I'm safe. I'm not getting out of my hoodie, jeans and runners for anyone! Nor am I looking at toddling / crawling people, snotty nosed brats or 4-legged enemies! 5 days to go...:eek:

Sunday / Monday
    - Rest

Tuesday
    - 3 miles @ 10.27
    These are the runs that start to upset me - WHAT benefit is this going to be to me on Monday?! Argh... but them's is the rules! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

- 3 miles @ 10.27
    These are the runs that start to upset me - WHAT benefit is this going to be to me on Monday?! Argh... but them's is the rules! :confused:

They slow down the loss of aerobic conditioning, without hampering your recovery :)

RayCun wrote: »
    They slow down the loss of aerobic conditioning, without hampering your recovery :)

Yes sir! Duly noted! ;)

If I get disqualified for race-fixing and my performance enhancing drugs are discovered and confiscated, you all owe me several pints!! :)

As far as I know they can't track the ones you got at that chinese training camp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Working from home today so I'm safe.

Eh.... It's not your 'home' until you start contributing to the rent ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Payment in kind anyone?:P

I clearly outstayed my welcome... I've left the key under the mat and my sister will be by to pick up each and every one of those pairs of runners I've bought you. Now your biggest issue of concern is whether to run barefoot or in worn out lunarglides on Monday :p

Anyone else struggling to stay away from the biscuits?! The low mileage this week is clearly resulting in a serotonin deficiency... Something which seems to be correctable only by eating copious amounts of chocolate! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Anyone else struggling to stay away from the biscuits?!

Most people tend to eat a couple, maybe several, you are the exception to that rule..... ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Anyone else struggling to stay away from the biscuits?! The low mileage this week is clearly resulting in a serotonin deficiency... Something which seems to be correctable only by eating copious amounts of chocolate! :eek:

It's a toughie :eek: In a depressed state yesterday I had a craving for apple tart so went to the bakery to pick one up. Got home and there was two in the bag. :D

Got home and there was two in the bag. :D

That'll be me on Monday... a double? No sir, I definitely only wanted one shot of absinth in my drink... oh well!

Wednesday 26th October
    - 3 miles @ 10.18
    What does one say about these runs. It was comfortable and pleasant and refreshing but it wouldn't be instilling high hopes for a good performance on Monday morning!

Thursday 27th October
    - Rest
    Don't think I'll bother me ar*e doing anything if I ever get out of this office. I should vote though...

Couple of miles and a good foam rolling / stretching session tomorrow and Sunday are all that's on the cards for me at this stage I expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Taper week or not, I'm reaching for those biscuits!
    Good luck on Monday whatever you decide to do. I think you're well capable of the sub 4.

Friday 28th October
    - 3 miles @ 10.29
    Bright and early this morning. And by bright I mean dark and dreary. Bye bye daylight running - see you in 6 months! :(
    Although in fairness it was nice and fresh and peaceful out - good for the head space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

The very best of luck for Monday claralara, bet you run a cracker :) Enjoy the post celebrations!

Advertisement