Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Paddies have an Aldo double chance. TKO/KO or Points @3.3

What am I missing here?

Ok, jumped on the bandwagon here. €20 down on Aldo so I'm a happy camper no matter who wins. (Still be sickened if Aldo wins though.)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

First shift in Aldo's price since the markets open (I believe). He's gone down to 2.38

The sharps will pound that down quite a bit further by the time the fight kicks off.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

I don't know much about gambling...Is there any particular reason people say they are waiting until Vegas to put on bets? I'm guessing that's a really dumb question.

When I see Americans say it, I assume it's something to do with gambling laws or something. But I've noticed a few Irish say it now as well, why delay with an accumulator?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

For some reason PP are only allowing me put 65 on Aldo for points...bullsh*t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Andre 3000 wrote: »

65c? You should be thankful, thats more than some other people :pac::pac::pac:;)

Its not really bs though, bookies always have limits on what bets they will take/prepared to payout. They're probably near their max to what they are prepared to risk and have lowered the max stakes. IMO you'll be happy in about 10 days thats they took off you :)

• Advertisement

Devastator wrote: »
    65c? You should be thankful, thats more than some other people :pac::pac::pac:;)

Its not really bs though, bookies always have limits on what bets they will take/prepared to payout. They're probably near their max to what they are prepared to risk and have lowered the max stakes. IMO you'll be happy in about 10 days thats they took off you :)

I thought it might be because I've lumped a lot of cash into the fight already. Era 65 is sweet nothing. I'm just upset I cannot really get a good bet on for it at those odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,161 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I thought it might be because I've lumped a lot of cash into the fight already. Era 65 is sweet nothing. I'm just upset I cannot really get a good bet on for it at those odds.

why not just bet with a different bookie?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I don't get this either. Yesterday I placed a €30 bet on the double chance and then tried €150 after and it would only let me bet €65 - but I already had €30 on so now my total stake is €95 which makes no sense to me..

Mellor wrote: »
    why not just bet with a different bookie?

I'm yet to find any other bookie offering that bet.

123.jpg

I might just have to make a few more accounts :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

How about just visiting their shops and backing it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Thats what I was getting at. Say for example PP have decided to risk 1mil in payouts on this market and maybe at present their outlay would be 900k so they've set a limit for what each punter can stake so everyone can get a nibble of it. I know it doesn't seem like bookies are that thoughtful but it does happen.
    Gamebred wrote: »

A simple yet effective suggestion and a lot easier than opening multiple accounts online. The last few bookie accounts I've tried to open online they've wanted me to provide ID,etc so it might be difficult to have multiple accounts

Gamebred wrote: »

All well and good if you live in Ireland...

123.jpg

:confused:

Virtually every booking is offering Jise Aldo on points? I've no idea what bet you are talking about.

:confused:

Virtually every booking is offering Jise Aldo on points? I've no idea what bet you are talking about.

Seriously? I highlighted the bits that are key so this wouldn't happen.

Double chance bet
    Aldo to win by KO/TKO or points

Seriously? I highlighted the bits that are key so this wouldn't happen.

Double chance bet
    Aldo to win by KO/TKO or points

Read back over the posts. Andre was talking about betting on Aldo on points, I replied to him.
    What's the double chance for to do with any of that??

Edit: Paddy Power have the double chance market, it's just not on oddschecker. Unibet habe it too, they just call it "win by finish"

Read back over the posts. Andre was talking about betting on Aldo on points, I replied to him.
    What's the double chance for to do with any of that??

He replied to my post about betting on the double chance and said he could only get €65 so assumed he meant the same bet.

Dunno why he'd limit himself to one bookie if that was the case.

Still can't get more money on the double chance without the help of others.

He replied to my post about betting on the double chance and said he could only get €65 so assumed he meant the same bet.
    As I said, go back and check it again. It wasn't a reply to you, and it said "Aldo on points"
    Still can't get more money on the double chance without the help of others.
    See my edit above, paddy power and unibet have it too.
    Also, it's no different than betting on sub and KO as separate bets. In fact sonetimes that way is better odds. Especially if you use different bookies.

Edit:
    The sub/ko double chance is on Bet365 and SkyBet too. Check under the method of victory market.

Holy ****, it's 7/2 (4.5) with Bet365. That's insane

Holy ****, it's 7/2 (4.5) with Bet365. That's insane

That's for KO/TKO or sub. I'm looking for KO/TKO or points

• Advertisement

Or are you saying take a punt on 4.5 (double chance) and decision win @5.5?

You'd be fairly sick if he won by sub after lumping on pts or ko,id have a saver on the sub for the stake back.

Bets so far

123.jpg

I've another €70 on Paddies shop back home in Ireland through my brother

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Bets so far

123.jpg

I've another €70 on Paddies shop back home in Ireland through my brother

Jesus...brave man fair play tya

But if you win then i will lose so im not saying best of luck!!!!

That's for KO/TKO or sub. I'm looking for KO/TKO or points

xdwHH7n.jpg?1

123.jpg

Ron_Burgundy_I_Love_Scotch1.png

You're so pedantic at times it's a joke. I had mentioned the bet before, in text, and obviously highlighted the wrong line. Look above that highlighted line. Christ

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

35lf2wp.jpg

Yeah OK :rolleyes: I don't pull up people on every post and correct them on every little thing.

Yeah OK :rolleyes: I don't pull up people on every post and correct them on every little thing.
    Lighten up ffs.
    You busted into the middle of a conversation, assuming everyone was talking about you. Made a big deal about an image you highlight but didn't even get the line right. You deserved a piss-take for that.

• Advertisement

Christmas will be paid for with a nice lump on Nate Diaz lighting MJ up like the seasonal Christmas tree

At odds of 3/1 its insulting Diaz is the better boxer,If MJ wants to take it to the ground ill expect him to be triangled and submitted with ease by Nate who is taking this training camp serious.

Advertisement