Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

mailburner wrote: »
    Big stake for me on this double

Esparza 3/4
    Hendricks 2/7

Small singles/double
    Esparza sub 9/2
    Stout ko 10/1
    holy fcuk that was just awful carla

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭The Belcher

Nightmare last event, going to fix that now hopefully.

Going big (relatively that is) @8/13 on Overeem , he knows it's his last run of big money fights and he'll play it safe, Nelson has never knocked anyone who can actually strike unless you count CroCop's long cold corpse. Nelson is a likeable 38 year old fat man who's physique and chin is catching up with him.

Cejudo by decision @4/6, it's flyweight and Cejudo's a gold medalist wrestler. Has three rounds of bouncing off the cage and rolling around the floor while I go make coffee written all over it. I actually think Cariaso will do well on the feet forcing Cejudo to use his wrestling exclusively.

Hendricks/Duffee/Pearson treble @ near enough evens, because Duffee is badly priced but I want to bet on him, and it gives me something to care about in the other two fights. I don't care if Hendricks is a barn burner, he's impossible to like.

Very small bet on Jedrzejczyk because I love her and she's the most exciting fighter in that division, and I don't think wrestling credentials matter as much with the lighter women.

Outstanding picking, fair play to you great to see.

Predictions for this weekend. Not a lot of great bets available. Anyone think Koscheck has any chance of beating Silva?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Anyone think Koscheck has any chance of beating Silva?

I'm sure Koscheck himself thinks he can win it, but he's probably the only one.

Joking aside, anything can happen in a Koscheck fight in fairness. And while silva is good and an exciting fighter for sure, he's far from top tier standard just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

John_D80 wrote: »
    I'm sure Koscheck himself thinks he can win it, but he's probably the only one.

Joking aside, anything can happen in a Koscheck fight in fairness. And while silva is good and an exciting fighter for sure, he's far from top tier standard just yet.

The Fitch/Silva fight should be his blueprint. Although Silva seems to have come on from that and Koscheck isnt getting any better. hes got a wrestlers chance!

• Advertisement

califano wrote: »
    The Fitch/Silva fight should be his blueprint. Although Silva seems to have come on from that and Koscheck isnt getting any better. hes got a wrestlers chance!

I would like to think that, but Fitch is (was) far tougher on the ground then Koscheck. Kos has a great double leg true and good takedowns but Fitch was at one point the best sub defence guy in the UFC. The first guy to seemingly be able to get out of fully sinked in chokes. He was just tougher then Kos all round in my opinion. He was also fighting for his career in that Silva fight, broke and about to get cut.

Im itching to bet on koscheck tonight because there so few decent bets out there. 10-1 for a KO! Afraid its dead money though. Silva's going to do him in the first round.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

Probably not great odds but I'd be fairly confident Amanda Nunes gets the ko tonight. Home crowd, 8 wins by ko, Basler is on the slide and was badly stopped by strikes in her last fight.

/edit Silva is very likely to stop Koscheck, however if Kos survives the early rush he may have the chance at a decision, but it's in Brazil which us a big thing to consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,377 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Only doing one bet tonight, but I'm lumping on LaFlare vs. Maia to go the distance at odds of 1/2. Both men have had their last 4 fights each go to the judges and I see nothing to suggest this will go any differently. A slightly bolder move would be to back LaFlare on points at 8/5 based on his impressive form coming into this fight, but it's tough to predict on any given night how Maia will perform, he's frustratingly inconsistent. 1/2 for a decision is a solid bet IMO.

plenty of 8/13 on that marty
    http://www.oddschecker.com/ufc-mma/demian-maia-v-ryan-laflare/will-fight-go-the-distance

looks very likely alright, this will be painful to watch if going five

• Registered Users Posts: 21,377 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

mailburner wrote: »
    plenty of 8/13 on that marty
    http://www.oddschecker.com/ufc-mma/demian-maia-v-ryan-laflare/will-fight-go-the-distance

looks very likely alright, this will be painful to watch if going five

Cheers, glad I saw this in time! Always slips my mind to check the market on MMA since PP usually cover most fights.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭the nikkei is rising

Going for a LaFlare/Giagos double @ evens

Maia forgot how to grapple sometime in 2009, and even if he could still grapple he loves a good kickboxing match, moreover he was on death's door in November/December. I'm not a doctor but I can't see how he's fully recovered from his illness.

I agree with the above poster that this will likely go to a decision, LaFlare is likely one of the majority of people who still think Maia is a world class grappler and he'll avoid ground exchanges and top control until the later rounds. He also has cardio like a Diaz and knows he doesn't have to rush things. I think the Brazilian judges thing is overstated and certainly less pronounced over 5 rounds.

Giagos is a good wrestler, he's strong and has good top control. However, anyone with a competent will choke the life out of him, luckily for us though Jorge De Oliveira is the worst grappler in the UFC, probably the worst since James Toney.

More picks if West Ham win, otherwise leaving it at this. Good luck everyone.

Edit: have the odds changed? went to actually put this on and I'm getting closer to 2/1, could have sworn LaFlare was 4/6 earlier, now 4/5

Added Nunes/Silva/Souza treble for interest while watching the card, they're all the most likely to win but Silva lives to disappoint, if Baszler can find a way to sit on Nunes she can win, and Kikuno's counter striking might catch souza.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Going for a 6/1 double of Silva by KO and LaFlare by decision.

Might also stick something on Silva by KO in rd 1 @ 4/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Going for a 6/1 double of Silva by KO and LaFlare by decision.

Very nice price that. I'm going to get on that too. Cheers.

Treble on Silva KO/TKO/DQ, Nunes KO/TKO/DQ and La Flare to win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭the nikkei is rising

Going for a LaFlare/Giagos double @ evens

Added Nunes/Silva/Souza treble

4/5 not bad.

Pity Maia remembered he was a grappler, his amnesia transferred to LaFlare though who forgot how to defend takedowns. Happy Maia recovered from his illness though.

Other bet sailed in, Nunes looked great

Man so close last night, had nunez by KO, Silva by Sub and Maia on points, unfortunately I had the Mexican to beat Trinaldo in there too. Schoolboy error!

Matt Hamill is fighting Tiago Silva tonight in WSOF. Silva big favourite, nice odds on Hamill to win. Seems that this is the first proper fight camp of his career which seems pretty remarkable!
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/3/27/8298167/matt-hamill-blames-second-retirement-on-bad-management-wants-to-fight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Matt Hamill is fighting Tiago Silva tonight in WSOF. Silva big favourite, nice odds on Hamill to win. Seems that this is the first proper fight camp of his career which seems pretty remarkable!
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/3/27/8298167/matt-hamill-blames-second-retirement-on-bad-management-wants-to-fight

:cool: Hamill's replacement (Holder) just beat the crap out of Silva in fast fashion!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Amazingfun wrote: »
    :cool: Hamill's replacement (Holder) just beat the crap out of Silva in fast fashion!

What a moment! Crazy night of the underdogs tonight, Anyone see the BAMMA prelims?

Gonna go for an accumulator this weekend.

Dustin Poirier
    Juliana Pena
    Michael Chiesa
    Al Iaquinta by KO
    Chad Mendes on points

€50 returns €2089

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Dustin Poirier
    Juliana Pena
    Michael Chiesa
    Al Iaquinta by KO
    Chad Mendes on points

€50 returns €2089

agree with the above except i think mendes will knock Lamas out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Can't see Iaquinta knocking out Masvidal , he's a tough fighter who's only been ko'd once ever and that was 7 years ago. This fight is too close to pick so I'm going to avoid it but If i was to put money down i'd take Masvidal by decision at 9/5.

I like Yakovlev in his fight vs Gray Maynard - Maynard has been knocked out in 4 of his last 5 fights including his last 3 and although Yakovlev has yet to taste victory in the UFC ( lost his last 2 via decision ) I think he'll shade it but I don't know how so Il stick with the 4/5 on him to win the fight.

I think there is a bit of value in Diego Ferreira at 11/8 against Poirier , he was poor in his last fight against Dariush but I don't think he'll be as bad again + that was his first ever loss, who knows how Poirier will get on in his debut at Lightweight - he may well beat Ferreira but i think the 4/7 is too short myself.

Lastly I'll be backing Juliana Pena to win by Ko or Sub at 6/4 . She'll be dying to make up for lost time after her injury and I think she'll get the finish against Dudieva.

If Ray can't knock him out nobody can! "Don't play his game Ray!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I'm thinking Masvidal decision, Mendes, Chiesa and Guida.

I also think Ferreira looks a good price, never seen him fight but he has some good wins and his only loss was to Dariush who looked very good recently. Poirier is a scrapper who might struggle without his size advantage imo.

I reckon Masvidal wins too, Pena I expect to win by KO as well.

three small ones for an interest

to go the distance treble 7/2
    guida peralta
    mendes lamas
    masvida iaquinta

lamas 7/2

masvidal pts 7/4

an hour away, makes a nice change for a saturday afternoon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

I included Gray Maynard to finish in an accumolator. Someone take my money, I only waste it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Liz carmouche to finish, A finish in the Guida fight and a finish in the Iaquinta fight gets me €494 from €2.50. No real bets this weekend as you can see.

Threw a fiver on Iaquinta KO mainly because I can't stand Masvidal.

• Advertisement

Dustin Poirier
    Juliana Pena
    Michael Chiesa
    Al Iaquinta by KO
    Chad Mendes on points

€50 returns €2089

If Mendes wins by decision now I think I'll gas myself.

Advertisement