Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

mailburner wrote: »
    three small ones for an interest

masvidal pts 7/4

my luck is so out at the minute I just refused to have a big bet on masvidal as iaquinta has cost me plenty lately
    fcuk this

at this rate mendes will win with a minute left in the fifth to ruin both the other ones

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

<snip>

Mod: Aftertiming post removed.

can't buy a win lately at this :(

Masvidal was robbed!

Horrible decision two lovely accumulators if he had won on points. No big surprises otherwise I guess other then Maynard who surely has to retire now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Masvidal was robbed!

Horrible decision two lovely accumulators if he had won on points. No big surprises otherwise I guess other then Maynard who surely has to retire now

Yea I thought Masvidal did enough as well tbh, how one judge can score it 30-27 to Masvidal and the other two judges 29-28 to AL is annoying. Poirier looked good and completley justified his short odds. Apart from that not a bad nights work with Pena finishing and Yaklovev getting the win

• Advertisement

<snip>

Mod: Aftertiming post removed.

Guapo I can't be bothered then if your gonna snip my posts. I go to the trouble of a podcast to declare my picks before the fights in case you didn't notice.

I dont agree with this after rule thing either just seems childish to me. Im hardly going to be posting pages and pages of the ten small $2-5 accumulators I might do before some fights.

Anyway what you just snipped there was bull**** bro. Im outta this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Guapo I can't be bothered then if your gonna snip my posts. I go to the trouble of a podcast to declare my picks before the fights in case you didn't notice.

I dont agree with this after rule thing either just seems childish to me. Im hardly going to be posting pages and pages of the ten small $2-5 accumulators I might do before some fights.

Anyway what you just snipped there was bull**** bro. Im outta this thread.

Your podcast has nothing to do with this thread. Everyone else posts their picks beforehand and its out there for all to see, win or lose.
    Go to any other forum where they have a gambling thread and they all have the same No Aftertiming rule. It's annoying when someone doesn't put up a pick before a fight yet they come in and announce "Oh I had him to win at 50/1. Made a fortune." No one wants to hear that.
    I posted my accumulator a couple of days ago and it lost. I also had a winning bet that covered my other bets for the night (and actually for the last month) but I didn't post that here because I didn't state it beforehand. If I follow the rules and everyone else does, then I don't see why you or anyone else should be exempt.
    In future, either put your picks, or a link to your picks, in this thread beforehand.

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Go to any other forum where they have a gambling thread and they all have the same No Aftertiming rule. It's annoying when someone doesn't put up a pick before a fight yet they come in and announce "Oh I had him to win at 50/1. Made a fortune." No one wants to hear that.

My post said I had picked a couple of singles - which I had declared before the fights in the podcast post, so I have declared my picks. So your saying picks have to be posted in written form! Bit bureaucratic and old fashioned that dont you think?

Theres not exactly a huge amount of posts/people posting in this thread mostly a few regulars. I just don't see the need for over moderation. If I had posted something out of the blue declaring a big win with then I would understand, but that wasn't the case.

My post said I had picked a couple of singles - which I had declared before the fights in the podcast post, so I have declared my picks. So your saying picks have to be posted in written form! Bit bureaucratic and old fashioned that dont you think?

Theres not exactly a huge amount of posts/people posting in this thread mostly a few regulars. I just don't see the need for over moderation. If I had posted something out of the blue declaring a big win with then I would understand, but that wasn't the case.

It's not over moderation though. That would be me handing out cards all over the gaf. Listen, it's not a big deal and I don't wanna get into an argument over it. I just don't think its too much too ask to put up your picks beforehand. That's all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

can you not take this to PM ?, EL Guapo is being very generous in even letting you argue the toss

I agree. I don't want to derail the thread any further. PM me if you want to discuss it any further. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

This is a gas thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

The fight isn't for a while but I'm thinking of going big on Khabib. 4/9 at the moment, not great odds but I can only see them shortening. He is future champ imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭the nikkei is rising

Albu/Gonzaga double for tomorrow @evens

Albu/Gonzaga double for tomorrow @evens

following that
    torn on what to double with gonzaga all week, watched a bit of albu in action, looks pretty good

blachowicz by dec 9/2 (888)

think pts an obvious one should he get the win, looks big enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Gone with a Manuwa and Cro Cop double. Bit of a heart over head job with Cro Cop, he's been one of my favourites since I first started following MMA. Double pays about 5/1

huge drift on manuwa, money keeps coming for jan
    evens is a big price considering how short jimi was, just dont know how good blach is so more hopeful
    than anything

dulux99 wrote: »
    Gone with a Manuwa and Cro Cop double. Bit of a heart over head job with Cro Cop, he's been one of my favourites since I first started following MMA. Double pays about 5/1

It was my head all along :)

• Advertisement

Getting on Felice Herrig with a big single, 11/10 with powers. Really really surprised with that. Very false price IMO, would expect it to shorten considerably before Saturday night

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Getting on Felice Herrig with a big single, 11/10 with powers. Really really surprised with that. Very false price IMO, would expect it to shorten considerably before Saturday night

13/10 with Boyles if you fancy it mate. Always worth checking Oddschecker for the best price :)

http://www.oddschecker.com/ufc-mma/felice-herrig-v-paige-vanzant/winner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭the nikkei is rising

I think it's a good bet too, the only thing putting me off is Herrig's mental game, she showed cracks on TUF and I think if the prettier girl is getting the better of her early on she'll wilt fast.

I think it's a good bet too, the only thing putting me off is Herrig's mental game, she showed cracks on TUF and I think if the prettier girl is getting the better of her early on she'll wilt fast.

Yeah maybe. But I think Herrig should be experienced enough to win quite handily imo. PVZ has yet to even beat anybody with a Wikipedia page! Baffling how they've made her favourite in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Yeah maybe. But I think Herrig should be experienced enough to win quite handily imo. PVZ has yet to even beat anybody with a Wikipedia page! Baffling how they've made her favourite in this one.

I know why, its because she is so feckin ridiculously goodlooking

• Registered Users Posts: 39,138 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Felice is pretty poor. sHe wasn't very good at all on TUF, and I think she enjoy playing the MMA on social media more than training.
    PVZ is a better fighter and is the rightful fav. Wikipedia pages don't really come into it.

Not gonna bet on it though as PVZ has had some big issue with her team and camp and she may not show up

Mellor wrote: »

Not gonna bet on it though as PVZ has had some big issue with her team and camp and she may not show up

Which issue was this? When her old coach put out that statement about her? I wouldn't worry too much about that..shes been at team alpha male for a few years now, on and off

I also fancy Jimmy Hettes to beat Diego Brandao at 6/4. Brandao is massively inconsistent and coming off two bad beatings from Conor and Porier. I know Hettes isn't at that standard but he's a slick operator and I think he could do the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,138 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Which issue was this? When her old coach put out that statement about her? I wouldn't worry too much about that..shes been at team alpha male for a few years now, on and off

She was with AM for the Torres fight, then back to her old coach, now back to AM.
    Maybe I'm just giving her coavhes statement too much credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Went with a treble of Machida, Herrig & Max. My go for the MOV also with three decisions.

Advertisement