Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Kod-box wrote: »
    what time is Gus fight scheduled for anyone know, PP had it down as 10pm?

PP is so dumb, the Gus fight aint on yet and I cant put a bet down on it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,827 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

strange with paddy alright, always good to have multiple accounts

boyles down also

Service Unavailable

This site is currently undergoing essential maintenance
    and is expected to return to normal service by 11:30pm.
    Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

thats a lot of downtime

Sicilia by ko and johnson by ko paid for all the losing accumulators lol Wonder what Jones is thinking after that!

mailburner wrote: »
    boyles gave me a free 20 bet

stuck it on amirkhani by sub at 7/2 (9/2 available elsewhere)
    amir likes subs...8 of 10 wins by sub
    seen him in action and i have to say I was impressed but by the same
    token I am eager to take on ogle especially when odds on
    reckin he might be getting his p45 after this one

did three small bets on the big fight (odds taken this morning)
    gus by pts 9/2 fred
    rumble decision 17/2 888
    rumble ko 15/2 ladrokes

just felt the odds were too big on those

I think it'll one of those three outcomes, Ive never seen rumble in any
    kind of trouble even against heavyweights so I'm ruling out the gus ko.
    I'm banking on gus keeping it standing so am kinda ruling out the sub but the latter rounds are the big worry with rumble in my opinion and if gus tries to take it to the ground then it could be bad news although saying that phil davis couldn't get near rumble..never mind take him down
    The rumble ko may be a bit much to ask for as I think he'll fight sensibly for five as opposed to trying to take off gustafssons head

I have a feeling he won't fail in any department myself and will make the most
    of this opportunity and think if he fails it will be on pts
    I really like rumble as a fighter and some of it may be down to faith in
    him alone but I just have a really good feeling about him
    I do think 9/4 for the win is an insult to him

I see some bookies are as low as 5/4 for gus ko
    I'll be honest and say I really can't see it yet I dont underestimate gus
    in the slightest
    that imo is a shocking price

and the bets that always lose
    mousasi ko/tko
    amirkhani sub
    gus/aj fight to go to decision
    56/1

mousasi round two
    amirkhani round two
    gus/aj to go to decision
    156/1

I have a feeling itll be a bad night for sweden and am also tempted to take on musoke and corrasini
    shame amirkhani couldnt get the sub but I'll take the rumble ko

lol I hope so

went in again on amirkhani at 13/10
    he can't be those odds really

treble with
    amirkhani :)
    tumenov :)
    sicilia :)
    7/1

9fold (31/1)
    Makwan Amirkhani @ 13/10
    Albert Tumenov @ 7/10
    Phil Davis @ 2/5
    Gegard Mousasi @ 2/11
    Konstantin Erokhin @ 1/4
    Chris Beal @ 1/2 :) gwan neil
    Sam Sicilia @ 11/10
    Mirsad Bektic @ 1/7
    Mairbek Taisumov @ 1/10

cant remember seeing a card where I wanted to bet on so many fights
    amirk does the biz, treble up also
    9 fold down..no surprise

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 wardiaz

All the underdogs are worth backing this week Lauzon will sub raging al,woodley is a crazy price at odds against,tim boetsch could land a bomb and win it at big odds thiago alves will also school mein.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

agreed
    tis fairly rampant alright
    there's an aftertiming thread for footie (thank god)

if you take away the aftertiming posts here, there wouldnt be too many
    posts left
    :D

yep, well this is my last contribution to the thread/forum

good luck gamblers :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Simple. Screenshot of the docket or it didnt happen. Couldnt give a fiddlers about after timing and i cant understand why people get annoyed about it. In my view there is no difference between people saying ''I did a treble on x,y,z'' before the event or someone who after times after the event because i believe neither untill i see the screenshot.
    And by the way afterwards screenshots after timers should be welcome. Its nice to see what people did.

califano wrote: »
    Simple. Screenshot of the docket or it didnt happen. Couldnt give a fiddlers about after timing and i cant understand why people get annoyed about it. In my view there is no difference between people saying ''I did a treble on x,y,z'' before the event or someone who after times after the event because i believe neither untill i see the screenshot.
    And by the way afterwards screenshots after timers should be welcome. Its nice to see what people did.

Whats the point in after timing though? its pure gloating makes me sick wouldnt hear a peep out them about their losing bets.

wardiaz wrote: »
    Whats the point in after timing though? its pure gloating makes me sick wouldnt hear a peep out them about their losing bets.

Yes and bring it on!. At least it shows us what type of bets people place(for real). Its not like as if they are the worlds greatest gamblers who neglected to tell us the cert of a treble they are doing so we miss out on getting on the same treble!. That doesnt happen, we are not going to copy the treble so i cant see why stating the bet before it happens validates it so much more than aftertiming. Basically if someone aftertimes your getting free information, quite like over hearing some gossip, it doesnt benefit us as such but nice its in the domain.

• Advertisement

Yes and bring it on!. At least it shows us what type of bets people place(for real). Its not like as if they are the worlds greatest gamblers who neglected to tell us the cert of a treble they are doing so we miss out on getting on the same treble!. That doesnt happen, we are not going to copy the treble so i cant see why stating the bet before it happens validates it so much more than aftertiming. Basically if someone aftertimes your getting free information, quite like over hearing some gossip, it doesnt benefit us as such but nice its in the domain.

How can it benefit anyone if they only post winning bets and not the losing ones?

What annoys me is not the after timing in gambling terms,its in the fight discussion saying ''I knew he'd win'' blah blah yet they never posted beforehand they knew the fighter would win makes me sick.

aftertiming with a screenshot when winning very big is nice to see

rest is just gloating
    The ol I HAD xyz in a treble is of zero benefit in a gambling thread
    it isnt allowed in the footie gambling forum but I suppose some will argue this
    is the mma forum overall

But who cares if you believe them or not? This isn't the playground at school. As far as I see it on this thread, people try to help each other out with picks, give info about odds, certain bets etc. Its cool. If someone is so insecure that they lie about winning it doesn't really matter an ounce to me, its their personal problem. I don't derive bitterness or begrudge anyone a win, and to be honest haven't seen anyone gloating about anything.

How can it benefit anyone if they only post winning bets and not the losing ones?

What annoys me is not the after timing in gambling terms,its in the fight discussion saying ''I knew he'd win'' blah blah yet they never posted beforehand they knew the fighter would win makes me sick.

Ah yis are aisy upset.

But who cares if you believe them or not?
    I do. I dont believe anyone who says they bet this or that even before the event.
    This isn't the playground at school.
    yes it is.
    If someone is so insecure that they lie about winning it doesn't really matter an ounce to me, its their personal problem. I don't derive bitterness or begrudge anyone a win, and to be honest haven't seen anyone gloating about anything.

Exactly so lets post the aftertiming!, as long as its a screenshot mind you!.

I do. I dont believe anyone who says they bet this or that even before the event.

yes it is.

Exactly so lets post the aftertiming!, as long as its a screenshot mind you!.

You shouldn't be gambling if your not old enough.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

There's only a handful of us who post here regularly in the first place.

I pretty much ignore randomers who come in saying im gonna bet on xyz because I think *insert irrelevant reason here*...

If someone is putting down their picks and their bets..no problem with it.

If people are going to post they won a few quid then it shouldn't be a big deal to stick a screenshot up about it if they feel the need to share with everyone they won. I don't really care either way but it stops any moaning which I am all for, enough of it goes on in the other threads..please don't bring it in here also! This is a place where people are gambling money so there is less nonsense talk, lets keep it that way.

Ah yeah i like reading mailburners and el rifle and all the reg's picks and all. Live and let live of course that was my whole point in the frst place not to exclude aftertimers. Actually wonder would it be ok for the devout no aftertiming brigade if it was ok to post after timing losers? . Screenshots of course, always screenshots;)

Ah yeah i like reading mailburners and el rifle and all the reg's picks and all. Live and let live of course that was my whole point in the frst place not to exclude aftertimers. Actually wonder would it be ok for the devout no aftertiming brigade if it was ok to post after timing losers? . Screenshots of course, always screenshots;)

Its allowed with ten Hail Marys + an act of contrition! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Does anyone else here regularly use Unibet? They seem to offer more options on the smaller cards than numbered events etc.

• Advertisement

Does anyone else here regularly use Unibet? They seem to offer more options on the smaller cards than numbered events etc.

I use 888, appear to be the same company as unibet, odds are identical
    888 have good promos and better sign up bonuses than unibet
    I'd recommend them even more so if someone was mainly a footie and mma gambler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

I use 888, appear to be the same company as unibet, odds are identical
    888 have good promos and better sign up bonuses than unibet
    I'd recommend them even more so if someone was mainly a footie and mma gambler

Rarely touch football anymore but I'll check 888 out. Not sure if I already signed up for them, but I'll check out the sign up bonus and give it a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

In my view there is no difference between people saying ''I did a treble on x,y,z'' before the event or someone who after times after the event because i believe neither untill i see the screenshot.
    You can't see the difference between the two? Seriously?

the guy who posts before the event doesn't know the result. He's put it out there, and when he's wrong, he's wrong.
    The aftertimer chooses what to post based on the result.
    I know screenshots prove the bet was placed, but that doesn't solve the issue. But they are still selectively posting bets.

Look at it this way, I could make 20 bets every week. 12-15 of these will win. It'd be pretty annoying if I decided to post this winners only.
    For people who bet a lot, or often, aftertiming gets annoying fast.

Posting a once off bet, there somebody picked up a 10 fight accum, is fair enough. But random generic bets, i'd vote no tbh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

^ Summed it up perfectly ^

Been on boyle sports this morning, interesting that you can't combine a fighter to win and pick MOV for the same fight in an accumulator like you can with paddy power.

Tom Watson I think is a decent underdog bet. Natal is very beatable. Wouldn't be putting the house on it but, strange that watson is Underdog.

I think Meisha take will have too much for the one trick pony that is sarah mcmann, I dont think Meisha can be L&P'd upon by anyone other then Brian Caraway.

Of course it goes without saying there will be a side bet for a Tim Boetsch KO.

My biggest temptation is to have a bet on Short Fuse Herman. 16-1 for a sub. Very big underdog. Just needs one lucky punch and then he'll sink in a choke!! :D

Ok I talked myself into it.

Boetsch by KO, Herman by Sub, Gastelum by sub, and Tate by decision @ around 5300 to 1 odds on boyle. All I can hear is the shock in Goldies voices as he announces Short Fuses 30 second submission victory over Brunson!!

Mellor wrote: »
    You can't see the difference between the two? Seriously?

the guy who posts before the event doesn't know the result. He's put it out there, and when he's wrong, he's wrong.
    The aftertimer chooses what to post based on the result.

I know screenshots prove the bet was placed, but that doesn't solve the issue. But they are still selectively posting bets.

Look at it this way, I could make 20 bets every week. 12-15 of these will win. It'd be pretty annoying if I decided to post this winners only.
    For people who bet a lot, or often, aftertiming gets annoying fast.

Posting a once off bet, there somebody picked up a 10 fight accum, is fair enough. But random generic bets, i'd vote no tbh.

I dont have a strong opinion about it but if you want to be pure about stating bets made before the event why not put in the stake you placed?. Otherwise if you scoop and only have 20c on an accum you just need to bump your post for the credit. And the time where you had a €50 treble you could then choose to scan the docket which is thinly veiled after timing in itself!.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I don't think the issue is the monetary value of the bet...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭weemcd

Fancy a tenner on Woodley as he's a nice price. Think people are slightly overlooking him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I like the prices on both Rafael Natal (nice break after his Aussie Open exit) and Diego Brandao.

Doing chunky singles on both and a double.

Thiago Alves by T/KO also piques my interest. . .

Advertisement