Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the weather like in your area?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,539 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

_Brian wrote: »
    No rain here but the sky is on the ground all morning, damp misty dull day.

Heavens just opened, pissing rain :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

_Brian wrote: »
    Heavens just opened, pissing rain :(

Only a slight drissle here so far. Have to go outside now aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Nice calm evening now, mostly blue sky...

Was dry all day, but very windy this morning.

The world of rain seems to have fallen here over the past while tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,364 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Very foggy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Westerly breeze bringing drizzle with it

• Advertisement

bucketing down all morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

whelan2 wrote: »
    bucketing down all morning

Stopped here with half an hour
    Suns out now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Dawggone

First of the winter rains today with 30mm forecasted.

Time to fill the irrigation lakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

The sun is out hallelujah

I said wrote: »
    The sun is out hallelujah

Same here but the fields are horrific

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Dawggone wrote: »
    First of the winter rains today with 30mm forecasted.

Time to fill the irrigation lakes.

And with each post.... I hate you a little bit more ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

I'm in the Black Mountains, Wales, and it has been raining since very early this a.m. and our next door neighbour has moved his sheep to higher ground I expect he is thinking the river will rise higher. So do we and we hope that our 8' bank will protect us.

LinF wrote: »
    I'm in the Black Mountains, Wales, and it has been raining since very early this a.m. and our next door neighbour has moved his sheep to higher ground I expect he is thinking the river will rise higher. So do we and we hope that our 8' bank will protect us.
    Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Dawggone

And with each post.... I hate you a little bit more ;)

Lol.
    Sitting with my rain gear on at an outdoor showjumping event. The feckin misery of it!
    Good old Ireland is making the mainstream news here with impressive drone footage of vast areas flooded. I feel for ye on a day like today, I really do.

Lol.
    Sitting with my rain gear on at an outdoor showjumping event. The feckin misery of it!
    Good old Ireland is making the mainstream news here with impressive drone footage of vast areas flooded. I feel for ye on a day like today, I really do.

Watching showjumping in the rain is an ungodly hell. I hate horses. Floods don't affect us at all so we're lucky.

Watching showjumping in the rain is an ungodly hell. I hate horses. Floods don't affect us at all so we're lucky.

Same as that darragh. If we bide our time the rest will get fed up of being flooded and sell up. We could carve up the country between us. Larry wouldn't have a look in. Be terrified of us :D

Reggie. wrote: »
    Same as that darragh. If we bide our time the rest will get fed up of being flooded and sell up. We could carve up the country between us. Larry wouldn't have a look in. Be terrified of us :D

Thinking big Reggie. Money and land can't buy you happiness...... but it's a good start.

Thinking big Reggie. Money and land can't buy you happiness...... but it's a good start.

Sure we ll never have money. We both have cattle don't we :D

Lol.
    Jut back from football, I was full sure it would be caacelled but i was on an all weather pitch, sun was really strong,some change compared to a few hours earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭sandydan

some down pours and strong wind in last 12 hrs, woke up in morning to find rainwater inside window, time to correspond with window fitter i guess.:(

• Advertisement

sandydan wrote: »
    some down pours and strong wind in last 12 hrs, woke up in morning to find rainwater inside window, time to correspond with window fitter i guess.:(

That might be a good call :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

good stretch in the evening here lol

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

Thanks Reggie. River overflowed onto surrounding fields and did not come over our wall. Mind you we all chipped in and dredged our river last summer so we were pretty sure we were safe. Whew!!

LinF wrote: »
    Thanks Reggie. River overflowed onto surrounding fields and did not come over our wall. Mind you we all chipped in and dredged our river last summer so we were pretty sure we were safe. Whew!!

Good to hear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭sandydan

Reggie. wrote: »
    That might be a good call :)
    its adjustment of hinges apparently. been fitted 4 years and never had that problem , pvc do not have condensate channel along inside frame same as aluminium ones previously fitted, tells of wind strength though,
    heavy downpurs all morning with sunny gaps in between

Getting foggy here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Nice dry day here today. It's getting a bit nippier than it was though.
    Some people talking about another storm at the weekend or early next week and maybe getting a bit cooler after that. But who knows.

I guess I don't have to say I've never seen land as wet as this before. There's springs coming up where they were never seen before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

pedigree 6 wrote: »

I guess I don't have to say I've never seen land as wet as this before. There's springs coming up where they were never seen before.

The end of the lane coming into my yard here has turned into a swamp. The digger will only go through it in 4wd. The LR Defender will get through but its a rough spin. Not a hope of getting the car out.
    Some roads are closed where the ground has become saturated underneath and the skin of tarmac has burst with traffic passing. Local woman had to get her jeep pulled out yesterday after it got stuck in such a hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

The end of the lane coming into my yard here has turned into a swamp. The digger will only go through it in 4wd. The LR Defender will get through but its a rough spin. Not a hope of getting the car out.
    Some roads are closed where the ground has become saturated underneath and the skin of tarmac has burst with traffic passing. Local woman had to get her jeep pulled out yesterday after it got stuck in such a hole.
    Feck we're not bad at all compared to that. The roads around here wouldn't be that bad, they got broke up during the bad winters but they're mostly all fixed now. Sounds like there's major work needed down there.

An uncle of mine had trouble with a public road going past his farm, the council were useless and it was full of potholes/ craters. What they ended up doing was the council supplied filling/chippings and himself and the neighbours filled them out of a bucket on the tractor/ loader. The road was concreted last year, the council supplied the concrete and the residents/landowners on the road supplied the labour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭Base price

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    Feck we're not bad at all compared to that. The roads around here wouldn't be that bad, they got broke up during the bad winters but they're mostly all fixed now. Sounds like there's major work needed down there.

An uncle of mine had trouble with a public road going past his farm, the council were useless and it was full of potholes/ craters. What they ended up doing was the council supplied filling/chippings and himself and the neighbours filled them out of a bucket on the tractor/ loader. The road was concreted last year, the council supplied the concrete and the residents/landowners on the road supplied the labour.
    Fair play to them, at least the road is safe now notwithstanding that the local CoCo should have completed the work.
    I wonder would our City cousins know how to handle a shovel and rake :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement