Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Nooooooooooo, i do not want to be known as mild man! And i am not saying MT is incorrect, i base my thoughts on the model outputs and they will change with such.

Therefore i hope i lose this so called 'Snowdown' !

Dont be talking like that, we need a upbeat attitude if this is going to go on pay-per-view :D

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

Anybody got an update on Donegal/Killybegs area?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

leahyl wrote: »
    Yes I know I keep telling myself that but like even MT in his chart of predicted snowfall for each reason didn't even mention the south as such - like he divided it into east and west munster but like cork city isn't really either of those!! Its just south!!

Christ, ye even type like that too!!?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

meanwhile.. still whiteout conditions here.

Christ, ye eventype like that too!!?? :D
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

dacogawa wrote: »
    Dont be talking like that, we need a upbeat attitude if this is going to go on pay-per-view :D

agreed, i feel weathercheck is in danger of turning into the audley harrison of weather predictions before this potential snow fight. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭corsica

Love this thread, great to see updates from all round the country. :) Bitterly cold here in Dub, nothing else

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Beautiful blue skies to the north of me (northside dublin cc) but fast moving dark clouds to the south . They semm to be formed and moving in a long streaming way , anyone getting snow out of these southside anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

We could split the difference and call it a draw. I was calling for the heavier Friday evening into Saturday amounts based on this feature coming south being perhaps stronger than the models were saying. Also from reports where it is snowing, the water ratio in the snow is probably more like 20:1 than the standard 10:1 so that snowfall amounts in this round may be easier to attain with given amounts of moisture. (like, 3 mm of precip gives 6 cms of snow at this ratio rather than 3 cms of snow). Light, fluffy snow -- later it will compact so that snow depths would be less than snowfalls.

Anyway, this is also a good place to grab a power nap for 3h before the 12z comes in. I'm enjoying all the reports from the snowy northwest (and one from Kerry) and the pictures are lovely. I hope that the train stops in Dublin this evening. We shall see ... all comments about the models very true, they are fickle, we should not go out with models, just regular gals.

Seriously, I think the models have done some astounding things right too, in the past seven days, just to get the general idea of this development of a polar vortex coming straight out of the polar region towards Ireland, I find it quite difficult to imagine what sort of forecast would have been made fifty years ago from a week in advance (anything related to my research would also be out of play in that consideration).

See y'all in a while then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

To my lovely neighbours in the Royal County of Meath,their's been snow here in westmeath & its heading your direction....I think...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

All credit to the Snow Princess, she has been very fair with her apportioning of snowfall...South and East last cold spell, and North and West this time. Ah bless....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Just love playing with the slider on this Satelite View

forward - back -forward -back

http://www.yr.no/satellitt/europa_animasjon.html

Donegal Town 12:09 pm
    c65e4f6f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Elliejo

It's ok thanks, I'm here in the Royal County and have no wish whatsoever for any snow...;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭dacogawa

monster1 wrote: »
    Nooooo! lost the signal on sky and cant get near the dish to clean it away, snowing heavy here again.

Throw things at it!

(disclaimer: i am not responsible for any damage you do to your dish, house neighbors house, throw things sensibly, footballs, etc. NOT pets, washing machines, rocks, etc)

To my lovely neighbours in the Royal County of Meath,their's been snow here in westmeath & its heading your direction....I think...:D

as their coming from the north/northwest, i doubt they'll reach us from westmeath

as their coming from the north/northwest, i doubt they'll reach us from westmeath

Sorry I done my best,ran out of breath..:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

absolutely covered here in roscommon :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭davehey79

154903_463905080833_626040833_6042377_5422468_n.jpg

69737_463903210833_626040833_6042345_3428789_n.jpg

163871_463938025833_626040833_6042834_2137643_n.jpg

have some more taken on the proper cam but will have to upload later.

Sorry I done my best,ran out of breath..:p
    haha, try harder :D

• Advertisement

anirishlad wrote: »
    absolutely covered here in roscommon :D:D

What part are you in Irishlad im in Strokestown ( well i will be when i leave work in Longford at 3 and travel back out ! )

davehey79 wrote: »
    154903_463905080833_626040833_6042377_5422468_n.jpg

69737_463903210833_626040833_6042345_3428789_n.jpg

163871_463938025833_626040833_6042834_2137643_n.jpg

have some more taken on the proper cam but will have to upload later.

good lord, the snow has turned day into night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭The HorsesMouth

Just started snowing in Mullingar, fairly heavy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Xxhaylsxx

Thanks thats very kind of you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

White Out conditions here, for last while. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

dacogawa wrote: »
    Throw things at it!

(disclaimer: i am not responsible for any damage you do to your dish, house neighbors house, throw things sensibly, footballs, etc. NOT pets, washing machines, rocks, etc)

Tips on Cleaning

http://www.ehow.com/how_5539529_clean-satellite-dish-improve-reception.html

Xxhaylsxx wrote: »
    Thanks thats very kind of you :p

No problem!,Im blowing it you direction as it keeps going of course!:p:D

good lord, the snow has turned day into night :D

check the time stamps !! there from last night :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 tibet84

Well all seems to be fine in Kilcock so far.....Beautiful blue skies but you can see something coming from afar. Calm before the storm me thinks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Sheba891

Absolutely chucking down snow in Letterkenny:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement