Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who are the rubberbandits?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dondryder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

No wonder they wear plastic bags:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

dondryder wrote: »

That's neither of the two boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

:D That isn't them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dondryder

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

lads, if you have a good look at last week's Limerick post, one of them is "unmasked". I think lots of people know who they are in Limerick, (friend of a friend etc), but I didn't see the need nor the point in outing them.....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Neither of those pictures is relevant to this thread.

Dondryder, please add more to your posts than just "." or I will delete them as spam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

seachto7 wrote: »
    lads, if you have a good look at last week's Limerick post, one of them is "unmasked". I think lots of people know who they are in Limerick, (friend of a friend etc), but I didn't see the need nor the point in outing them.....

yea with your one from the vid.

yup Kev_ps3. No mention of Joe Bloggs of the rubberbandits, it was just Joe Bloggs. I don't know why Barry Duggan felt he had to write the story to "out" them at all? Was it just his boss up in Dublin wanted to know who they were...

Not that I have anything against B Duggan....

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭khmk

barry duggan is a jobsworth.

A gossip who bluffs all his articles on Limerick sprouting the same old rubbish and gets paid for it.

As others have said - why did he need to "unmask" the Bandits?

Why don't you be a proper journalist and write something worthwhile?

But being the typical hack and trying to get his little "exclusive" he missed the bigger picture :rolleyes:

Well done barry- you duck arse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bigbrotherfan

The biggest problem I have with them is that they appeared on tv with plastic bags over their heads. I grew up with warnings ringing in my head about how dangerous it was to put a plastic bag over my head..... Not great thinking on their part, I would have thought, especially if an unfortunate accident happened to a child imitating them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

The biggest problem I have with them is that they appeared on tv with plastic bags over their heads. I grew up with warnings ringing in my head about how dangerous it was to put a plastic bag over my head..... Not great thinking on their part, I would have thought, especially if an unfortunate accident happened to a child imitating them.

Anthony?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

They are smart enough to put air holes in the bag though, you'd want to be stone mad to be putting a plastic bag on your head with no air holes in it shur

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jambo221

Who are the Rubberbandits?

The Rubberbandits are a bastard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKf72-JkFXc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭May Feign

anyone else not find them not that funny
    yes i know its sacrilegious as they're from limerick but i just dont find them funny
    horse outside is catchy,the rest of their stuff is ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Whoever they are they must have a sponsorship deal with Plastic bags Inc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

Spoiler Alert!!! These are the Rubberbandits!!!

If you dont want to know DONT click the link! you have been warned!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/12/19/article-0-0C885827000005DC-308_468x421.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/12/19/article-0-0C885827000005DC-308_468x421.jpg

i know them,they have a horse outside hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

but on a serious note :pac: if i hear the phrase 'dats limerick city' or 'ive a horse outside' one more time i may just explode

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

dats limerick city
    :D

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Xennon wrote: »
    dats limerick city
    :D

* dats Limeeerick Citaaaaay

and their manager walking behind them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Dean Roche

Limerick and across lawless Ireland is no joke!... all their songs are doing is giving the retarded scum in this country a swell head; the wild ginger tramps and crime prone feckless retard breeders revel in stuff like that. I just hope those two idiots don’t get too well known the world is laughing at us as it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Dean Roche wrote: »

Limerick and across lawless Ireland is no joke!... all their songs are doing is giving the retarded scum in this country a swell head; the wild ginger tramps and crime prone feckless retard breeders revel in stuff like that. I just hope those two idiots don’t get too well known the world is laughing at us as it is!

Your entitled to your opinion, and so am I.

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

May Feign wrote: »
    but on a serious note :pac: if i hear the phrase 'dats limerick city' or 'ive a horse outside' one more time i may just explode

As I work in so many different parts of the country I always used to hear

"Ooooohhhhhh Stab City is it?"

Now people are saying "Dats Limerick Citay" which is a good thing to come out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

and the award for failing to understand satire goes to...

*drumroll*

252-10-1-1293997128CxB7xt.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭dave 27

thay're names are bobby and david, one lives in clareview and the other in caherdavin..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

dave 27 wrote: »
    thay're names are bobby and david, one lives in clareview and the other in caherdavin..

Can we get google streetview of their exact house please? :rolleyes:

what does it matter?! They obviously wanted to be anonymous, and havent done anything wrong, so the witch-hunt is pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭The_Dave

zuroph wrote: »
    and the award for failing to understand satire goes to...

*drumroll*

252-10-1-1293997128CxB7xt.gif
    He should be on Liveline or Joe Duffy or whatever that tripe is called...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Lawless Ireland? Get a grip man, this country could be a far lot worse. We're a safe haven compared to a lot of countries.

Advertisement