Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who are the rubberbandits?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Just by chance sat beside one of them on the train down from dublin last year. Sound bloke hope they do well with this and all their other stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭sleepyman

cronin_j wrote: »
    Joe Madden.. Ha ha I forgot about him. Credit the giver and Debit the receiver.. Ah Punky how we laughed!

I don't give lines I give tigers!!Jesus ArdScoil had some strange teachers back in the day-Bogman, Timmy Smalle, Punky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

sleepyman wrote: »
    I don't give lines I give tigers!!Jesus ArdScoil had some strange teachers back in the day-Bogman, Timmy Smalle, Punky.

Nearly forgot about Bogman "Out on the floor boyy!". ****ing lunatic and definitely a few sandwiches, drinks and napkins short a picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Tefral

DarkJager wrote: »
    Nearly forgot about Bogman "Out on the floor boyy!". ****ing lunatic and definitely a few sandwiches, drinks and napkins short a picnic.

Jesus I hated him... He had a weird distaste for rulers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭niamhallen

Legends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭thats not gone well

did bogman ever tell ye the story of how he "pole-vaulted" the berlin wall?:rolleyes:

or hear of how he got the name bogman?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Tefral

did bogman ever tell ye the story of how he "pole-vaulted" the berlin wall?:rolleyes:

nope... all i remember him doing was muttering in German.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Ya I heard the Berlin wall story.

Nobody has mentioned that caretaker guy. Forgotten his name at this stage.

you on about joe lagere?(sp) he retired there 2 years ago iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

He also claims he made a first year hide in a bin.

"I'd make your mother cry!"

"I'll eat you without salt!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

No caretaker before him, probably retired 10 or 12 years ago. Spent half his time slagging the likes of bogman and punky!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I also recall Sugrue throwing a desk out the window, overturning lockers and desks, and seeing many empty cans of dutch gold in the backseat of his car. Some man.

Sugrue throwing a desk out the window, overturning lockers and desks, and seeing many empty cans of dutch gold in the backseat of his car. Some man.

he's a mad yoke altogether.

threads gone a fair bit ot but anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭bamboozler

The Bird in the blue in their video is a ride!!

broadsheet.ie "the-bridesmaid-in-the-rubberbandits-video-is-madeline-mulqueen-youll-like-her"

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2010/12/11/the-bridesmaid-in-the-rubberbandits-video-is-madeline-mulqueen-youll-like-her/

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Who are the Rubberbandits?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,124 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I feel a trip to Cafe Noir is on the cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

I see Bogman around Mary I a lot. Think he works in the Irish department.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

cooperguy wrote: »
    No caretaker before him, probably retired 10 or 12 years ago. Spent half his time slagging the likes of bogman and punky!

Eddie Gavin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭gaf1983

They are not Milo Spillane and they are not John Looby either, to the best of my knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Ah they were cool when it was cd's in schools and "underground" now its all mainstream and I'm already sick of EVERYONE and their mother going on about them. Takes the edge off their humor.
    Like everything else they will be milked to bits , make their money and fade away by the new year. They started out slow but have got too popular too fast in recent months to maintain. They are essentially the dunbelievables for the younger generation poking fun at a sub culture that the 16 - mid twenty year olds are familiar with as opposed to the culture the dunbelievables poked fun at which was more familiar to the older age group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Hooked

Looks like we'll all know soon enough... Tut Tut!

http://twitpic.com/3g9wyg

Heard Ray Darcy talking about the "unmasking" this morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭bamboozler

which one is Blind boy and which one is chrome?

Some say,

wikileaks refuses to publish their whereabouts, because rubberbandits have dirt on Assange.

Others, that they are the one thing standing between Limerick, and nuclear war.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

(Thirty years ago / In 1980), two ladz was sent to st patricks by a juvenile court for a crime they didn't commit. These boyz promptly escaped from a maximum security unit to the Limerick underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as riders of horses. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them on iTunes, maybe you can buy... The Rubber Bandits.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

1980 was 30 years ago :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Havent a clue who the bandits are but the Ard Scoil heads here are killing me.
    Always remember Br Jack Casey on the intercom..

bong bong bong..."ah.."long pause.."this announcement will be made in 5 minutes"...bong bong bong
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Roadend wrote: »
    1980 was 30 years ago :p

Dam you, Im in denial!

Or lack of coffee, take your pic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 nickobrien1986

forget the identity of the Rubberbandits.
    the more important question is who is that RIDE in blue in their video? who is she??? dang shes fine!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Who, Madeline? Her name has been mentioned here a few times already. She's a sound girl, probably doesn't need the Irish Internet community leering over her though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

We're just ordinary blokes.

Advertisement