Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WikiLeaks & Sinn Fein

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    I will see if I can find the judgement online.
    Can't find it, there is just their appeal to get out under the GFA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭danbohan

Winty wrote: »
    Hi Dan

Thanks for the Welcome back
    You never miss a trick to label somebody who hates the IRA as a Loylist.
    Remember our chats about Enniskillen? you remember when your IRA killed innocent people

Have you even been in Fermanagh Dan

sadly that sometimes happens in war winty , its over since 1994 you know , you will find many innocent people died in fermanagh winty , many killed by loylist/ british forces strangely enough

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭whippet

danbohan wrote: »
    sadly that sometimes happens in war winty , its over since 1994 you know , you will find many innocent people died in fermanagh winty , many killed by loylist/ british forces strangely enough

yep, boths sides are full of murdering scumbags ... to me its a bit like the drug gangs in dublin and limerick, let them keep killing each other off ... kind of like a cull, nobody wants them in a civil society .... but once innocent people are involved the game is raised.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Am i the only one thats not surprised this apears just before the elections...

yeah its all a conspiracy against SF. (thanks for giving me a laugh)
    Do us all a favour and have a look at a newspaper, these are part of the US Embassy Cables Wikileaks.

As a comment about SF, they play the victim very well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

this is all old news. it was done to death 5 years ago. all thats happening now in the re emergence of these allegations with no proof whatsoever.

and it now brings into question whoes really running wikileaks and how the fcuk it keeps on making it into the news?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

imme wrote: »
    yeah its all a conspiracy against SF. (thanks for giving me a laugh)
    Do us all a favour and have a look at a newspaper, these are part of the US Embassy Cables Wikileaks.

As a comment about SF, they play the victim very well.

Funny how RTE put this old news at the top of their headlines instead of focusing on an imcompetent government who have sold the country off to the EU and IMF. This was reported in 2005 and probably happens that the US may have put the comment from Bertie Ahern on a few notes. Given the scandals that he has had in the past can you really believe a single word that comes out of Bertie Aherns mouth?

It's more of the same old rubbish and great timing at that leading up to a general election.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

tech2 wrote: »
    Funny how RTE put this old news at the top of their headlines instead of focusing on an imcompetent government who have sold the country off to the EU and IMF. This was reported in 2005 and probably happens that the US may have put the comment from Bertie Ahern on a few notes. Given the scandals that he has had in the past can you really believe a single word that comes out of Bertie Aherns mouth?

It's more of the same old rubbish and great timing at that leading up to a general election.
    ffs, they've been doing nothing but badmouthing the government since 2008!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

paky wrote: »
    this is all old news. it was done to death 5 years ago. all thats happening now in the re emergence of these allegations with no proof whatsoever.

and it now brings into question whoes really running wikileaks and how the fcuk it keeps on making it into the news?
    Wikileaks is a global conspiracy to make SF/IRA look like a bunch of terrorists and criminals. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    ffs, they've been doing nothing but badmouthing the government since 2008!
    Not at all. They have been in Fianna Failure's pocket for years. Even as they brought the country to bankruptcy, the coverage has been very kind. I've noticed a change in tone in the last month or two, but its years too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

tech2 wrote: »

Can't help but be suspicious someone leaked that as a favour to someone in Irish politics. What bother's me is the other cable they leaked about Finucane is actually a much bigger deal. Everything about SF we already knew as Bertie was raging when the robbery happened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭junder

Does this mean that sinn fein are now going to support the extradition if the head if wikileaks to Sweden :)

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Paddysnapper

Wikileaks is a global conspiracy to make SF/IRA look like a bunch of terrorists and criminals. :rolleyes:
    :eek::rolleyes::mad::confused::P:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Winty

I will stay slightly on topic

Will Mr Adams make a statement on the issue? maybe he can stand on the beach in Co. Louth where he buried Jean McConville ?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭eamo12

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Thats pure sh!te and you know it. They say there is no evidence to make these accusations. Of course you WOULD interpret it that way. You get accused of something, you say "wait a min, you have no evidence to make such a claim!"

But of course don't let that get in the way of a bit of shinner bashing eh? Get your few thanks and all is good.

OH I do enjoy shinner bashing and to think they were sooo happy to refer to wikileaks docs to advance their own conspiracies.

Besides, everyone knows SF=Gerry Adams=Good 'ol Martin=IRA. Only a fool believes they are two separate organisations.

Will Mr Adams make a statement on the issue? maybe he can stand on the beach in Co. Louth where he buried Jean McConville ?

proof winty , photographs , video would be even better , a witness perhaps ?, am sorry but your ramblings well intentioned as they may be are not enough for a conviction

junder wrote: »
    Does this mean that sinn fein are now going to support the extradition if the head if wikileaks to Sweden :)

are the only going to extradite the head , wont that kill him ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

junder wrote: »

No. The wikileaks project is an important one - regardless of what files it discloses. Whether it be related to Sinn Féin, the American Government or North Korea.

This file didn't release anything that wasn't already known. Certain suspicions with regards to the northern bank robbery, but not an iota of evidence.

It is great living in Ireland, where an accusation is more than enough to prove someone's guilt. Evidence, schevidence! Who needs something like that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

paky wrote: »

There is no conspiracy with wikileaks. They are releasing 250,000 cables, all holding arbitrary conversations. Wikileaks is operated by Julian Assange, and a few others. There is no vendetta against Irish Republicans.

I say this as a supporter of Sinn Féin and an ardent Republican.

proof winty , photographs , video would be even better , a witness perhaps ?, am sorry but your ramblings well intentioned as they may be are not enough for a conviction

Ah Dan come on,
    Even you cant deny that Mr Adams had her killed.

What about Brendan ‘Darkie’ Hughes IRA Commander or Helen McKendry's daughter of Jean or Dolours Price the famous IRA bomb maker, are they all wrong.

They are people who know Adams do you Dan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Don't forget the mental health insurance for the victims who picked up the human peices of meat off the floor on bloody friday. Gerry Adams - republican hero.

• Advertisement

dlofnep wrote: »
    No. The wikileaks project is an important one - ..

Jeremy Clarkson wrote a funny but important article in the Sunday Times, I am sorry I cant attached it as its not available online, But in a nut shell he said that some things should be a secret.

He said that its hard to run a business or even a country if the people you are dealing with know what you think of them so maybe Governments should have secrets and Wikileaks is more harm for everyone that any small good it offers

Happy to Discuss

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

dlofnep wrote: »
    There is no conspiracy with wikileaks. They are releasing 250,000 cables, all holding arbitrary conversations. Wikileaks is operated by Julian Assange, and a few others. There is no vendetta against Irish Republicans.

I say this as a supporter of Sinn Féin and an ardent Republican.

I wouldn't be so sure. nothings come out about Israel despite the recent deaths of over a 1000 Palestinians. Raises a flag for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Am I missing something here? The British and Irish governments think Gerry Adams was in the IRA and that the Provos robbed the Northern Bank. How is this a big deal exactly? Sure they said it themselves at the time. How is this big news?

Ah Dan come on,
    Even you cant deny that Mr Adams had her killed.

What about Brendan ‘Darkie’ Hughes IRA Commander or Helen McKendry's daughter of Jean or Dolours Price the famous IRA bomb maker, are they all wrong.

They are people who know Adams do you Dan?

they are also people who hate adams , do you winty ?

FTA69 wrote: »
    Am I missing something here? The British and Irish governments think Gerry Adams was in the IRA and that the Provos robbed the Northern Bank. How is this a big deal exactly? Sure they said it themselves at the time. How is this big news?

its not , but its coming towards election time so ff etc will try anything to discredit sinn fein , as for boards discussion its just usual suspects saying the usual things and it will end up the usual way ie it will pieter out after so many days until next sinn fein post

Yep. I do anyway.

I dont hate Adams, whats to hate about a man like that. The people of Ireland and his niece have a lot to thank him for.

So because they dont support him they are all liars

Thats a funny way at looking at it, so If a person stands up in court their story cant be heard if they hate the accused

its not , but its coming towards election time so ff etc will try anything to discredit sinn fein , as for boards discussion its just usual suspects saying the usual things and it will end up the usual way ie it will pieter out after so many days until next sinn fein post

See we do agree on some things, this will pieter out

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Yep. I do anyway.

you hate all ,irish /taigs/catholics/ nationalists /fenians / , so yes i suppose you do hate adams

• Advertisement

you hate all ,irish /taigs/catholics/ nationalists /fenians / , so yes i suppose you do hate adams
    Taigs? :rolleyes:

I don't hate catholics. I hate Gerry adams though.

Advertisement