Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

noodler wrote: »
    I have to say the idea of Shepard joyriding around the Sol system in a Reaper I found hilarious.

A little diappointed we didn't hear more about Harbinger etc though. I mean, were Harbinger etc aware they were being controlled? Did they have any problem with their mission being stopped? Did they ever converse with the StarChild?

Do Harbginer and Shephard look back and laugh at the good old days? "Assuming Control" -LULZ!

Didn't the Starchild say it was
    the collective Reaper consciousness? I saw it being more of a Legion parallel where each individual Reaper was like the individual programs/runtimes which made up the overall "Legion" personality"?

Maybe ultimately he was outvoted as what was to happen, or a new consensus was achieved.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,311 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Didn't the Starchild say it was
    the collective Reaper consciousness? I saw it being more of a Legion parallel where each individual Reaper was like the individual programs/runtimes which made up the overall "Legion" personality"?

Maybe ultimately he was outvoted as what was to happen, or a new consensus was achieved.

Did he?

So perhaps
    you are technically talking to Harbinger (and all the other Reapers)

Just as a side, in the EC when running for the beam you get the Radio transmission that Harbinger and other big Reapers are breaking off their space battle to stop you but is in the original was it just Harbinger?

That whole section could have done with some Command & Conquer stlye quips from Harbinger as he wipes out the squads running for the beam:

"That was left-handed"....'booya!" etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Did he?

So perhaps
    you are technically talking to Harbinger (and all the other Reapers)

So it seems. The Control ending alludes to it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭fergalr

I reckon now that its simply a slower death as the Destroy ending kills his synthetic parts.

I mean why would they be sticking his plaque up on the Normandy if he lived? And if he lived, but they didn't find him, then he'd very quickly die anyway!
    Definitely lives after the destroy ending. They don't actually show the crew sticking the plaque up - compare it to the other two endings.

Plus bioware talked about it: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/359507/20120704/mass-effect-3-bioware-destroy-ending-spoilers.htm

I have to say the idea of Shepard joyriding around the Sol system in a Reaper I found hilarious.

A little diappointed we didn't hear more about Harbinger etc though. I mean, were Harbinger etc aware they were being controlled? Did they have any problem with their mission being stopped? Did they ever converse with the StarChild?

Do Harbginer and Shephard look back and laugh at the good old days? "Assuming Control" -LULZ!

Its emphasized several times that the Reapers are a very alien and incomprehensible force (in the initial intro to Sovereign in ME1, say); thats a part of the reaper story arc that worked well, imo; the fact that they were so incomprehensible made them more threatening. The child-thing is a manifestation of some part of their collective consciousness.

(Have to say, it still doesnt make a huge amount of sense. Why do they continue to try destroy the catalyst, while part of their collective consciousness has decided that actually Shepard should decide what to do? If they are sort of weirdly benevolent, why havent they come up with a more humane way of harvesting the galaxy's culture, etc.)

It would be nice if there was interaction with Harbinger because Harbinger was a very personal villain for Shepard in ME2; there seems to be some unresolved dramatic tension there - Harbingers role as the lead antagonist in ME2 wasnt really dealt with in ME3.

Even in the new extended cut, I thought the scene, as they race to the beam, was badly dealt with. Why would Harbinger fly away, if the beam was so critical? Why not turn the beam off?

Some sort of an attack by the Sword fleet, distracting Harbinger, would have made a lot more sense, there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I hate Bioware...I have the trilogy as home and would really enjoy replaying it again over and over (have played ME1/ME2 about 5-6 times each) but I can't thanks to the dumbass endings for ME3 which was a fantastic game right upto the ending. I just can't seem to get over it knowing whatever choices I make during 1/2/3 it doesn't really make a difference whatsoever and it simply comes down to 4 endings ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Details on the next MP pack, rumours have it arriving next week.

http://kotaku.com/5924980/take-a-look-at-mass-effect-3s-next-dlc

6 new characters (1 human for each class), 3 new guns and a new "Platinum" difficulty setting. Was a rumour of 3 new maps too from the leak that had the rest of the stuff down so will have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone for some gold reapers at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Blazer wrote: »
    I hate Bioware...I have the trilogy as home and would really enjoy replaying it again over and over (have played ME1/ME2 about 5-6 times each) but I can't thanks to the dumbass endings for ME3 which was a fantastic game right upto the ending. I just can't seem to get over it knowing whatever choices I make during 1/2/3 it doesn't really make a difference whatsoever and it simply comes down to 4 endings ...

You are not the only one.

I have yet to play through the extended cut to see the differences from the Cerberus base to the end cutscene.

I watched the other endings on Youtube, but will stick with the Control ending when I play the EC at some stage.

All of Mass effect 3 is the ending.

Varik wrote: »
    All of Mass effect 3 is the ending.

The concluding part is crud then!

Ah well thats not fair, I think the EC has upgraded the ending from stupid to average.

I still can't believe the Indoctrination Theory was not real - what an awesome idea and argument for a fan-made theory. Much better than what we got!

The DLC better be bloody epic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 trendykendy

I'm looking for a team to get the squad goal if you're up for it? Are you on XBox, PS3 or PC?

I'm looking for a team to get the squad goal if you're up for it? Are you on XBox, PS3 or PC?

PC

PC

Outstanding, my Origin ID is trendykendy, let me know if you're up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

I am going to need help as well.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

1.8GB though was a big download for a few more cut scenes, many of which weren't really animated. What took up all the space? Any more on whether there's a bit more snuck into this DLC for some sort of future feature?

ixoy wrote: »
    1.8GB though was a big download for a few more cut scenes, many of which weren't really animated. What took up all the space? Any more on whether there's a bit more snuck into this DLC for some sort of future feature?

The stroy on Eurogamer right now is that Leviethan DLC is gonna be announced on Saturday.

Apparently the vocie actor for the Reaper Leveithan has outed the DLC.

From an older article some of the files related to that DLC were found on the Extended Cut.

www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-07-10-mass-effect-3-leviathan-dlc-confirmed-by-voice-actor

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

ixoy wrote: »

Doubtful - it wasn't a required update. It was an optional download. Almost like free DLC as it was.

I am going to need help as well.
    Assuming you're on PC, what's your Origin ID?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

I am on ps3

Spent the evening getting a asari justicar to lvl 20 for this event, regret some of the choices. Might promote and start again tomorrow.

Should have chosen +75% against armour/barrier instead and not sure if using sphere offensively is going to work well on gold, couldn't seem to get a gold reaper game but did all right on Cerberus games but shields did hinder me a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Spent the evening getting a asari justicar to lvl 20 for this event, regret some of the choices. Might promote and start again tomorrow.

Should have chosen +75% against armour/barrier instead and not sure if using sphere offensively is going to work well on gold, couldn't seem to get a gold reaper game but did all right on Cerberus games but shields did hinder me a bit.

In all my years playing ME-ME3, I have rarely used biotics, and I have never used an adept in MP. So I'm currently using an Asari Adept L15. I'll get her to L.20 and then either spec one of the human biotics or respec my Asari using a respec card.

The community goal (extract at least one of your team on Reaper Gold) is the toughest so far.

Solid team this run imo...

2 x Biotics (stasis)
    1 x Salarian Engineer (decoy)
    1 x Infiltrator (cloak)

Lots of rockets for later rounds. On stage 11, the infiltrator will stay hidden and, with 10 seconds to go, cloak and get to the extraction. The other three need to lure the reapers away from the extraction zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Oh, didnt realise there was an event this weekend. Well thats my weekend sorted....but Gold extraction....errrr :(

FutureGuy wrote: »
    In all my years playing ME-ME3, I have rarely used biotics, and I have never used an adept in MP. So I'm currently using an Asari Adept L15. I'll get her to L.20 and then either spec one of the human biotics or respec my Asari using a respec card.

The community goal (extract at least one of your team on Reaper Gold) is the toughest so far.

Solid team this run imo...

2 x Biotics (stasis)
    1 x Salarian Engineer (decoy)
    1 x Infiltrator (cloak)

Lots of rockets for later rounds. On stage 11, the infiltrator will stay hidden and, with 10 seconds to go, cloak and get to the extraction. The other three need to lure the reapers away from the extraction zone.

Reave, Biotic bubble, and biotic explosions

Biotics preform best on Reapers

Playing on Firebase white turns into a meat grinder with the reapers when you got to the same room as when playing against the geth.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

More free Multiplayer DLC incoming, including a new range of classes, weapons and a new difficulty setting, Platinum!

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/07/11/earth/
    Mass Effect 3: Earth is available on July 17th for Xbox 360 and PC worldwide. For PlayStation 3 owners the pack will be available on July 17th in North American and July 18th in Europe.

What is included with Mass Effect 3: Earth?

Firebase Rio, Vancouver, and London are available to play on as soon as Mass Effect 3: Earth is downloaded. The new weapons, characters, and equipment are available as rewards inside existing Reinforcement Packs.

How much does Mass Effect 3: Earth cost to download?
    Mass Effect 3: Earth is available to download at no additional charge.

How do I get new items in Mass Effect 3: Earth?
    As with the Resurgence Pack and Rebellion Pack, new items will be unlocked in existing Reinforcement Packs. Make sure to look out for promotional packs and weekend challenges for other ways to unlock the content.

And just incase ye havent bought it yet on the PC, it's on sale on Origin at 50% off for 24.99 :)

Is that operation on now?

EDIT:

"Checking downloadable content" message not disappearing again.

My game seems to be Fecked since the last patch,

it's usually live by saturday morning when i wake the neighbours up with full volume Krogan charges, beats being woken up by a feckin' lawnmower :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Is there still many online? Have you noticed a drop in numbers?

no idea, i quick join and get in relatively easily, the occasional 2 min wait on gold for FBWGeth

• Advertisement

Played a few hours there.

Got two successful gold extractions Vs Reapers so hoping the promotion was on.

Advertisement