Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

If those endings had of been part of the initial launch i'd bet ME3 would have scored a perfect 10 everywhere.

btw, there is a 5th ending.. kind of
    you can shoot the kid and get the 'reject all choices' ending

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Is it odd I want more info on the rumoured next MP DLC more than SP DLC??

Nope, MP is great imho. I got really bored of when geth gold runs were the norm to harvest gold, but since switching back to Silver random, I've really enjoyed it again.

Rocking a Batarian Sentinel and Vorcha Soldier at the moment. Great fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Nope, MP is great imho. I got really bored of when geth gold runs were the norm to harvest gold, but since switching back to Silver random, I've really enjoyed it again.

Rocking a Batarian Sentinel and Vorcha Soldier at the moment. Great fun :)

As someone who was originally "Mulitiplayer in Mass Effect! **** you Bioware/EA/World!!", i'll happily stand up and apologise. They really did a great job with it, and offered a really enjoyable mp game. Enjoying getting my rating back up to full on my current playthrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ghouldaddy

Really pissed at Sony over the wait for this.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

So was any of the gameplay sections different? Or did it play just the same as before but with a new video to watch at the end?

The team had a few things extra to say before the actual offensive towards the Citadel beam apparently but I just rushed past them not thinking it would happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Still not up on origin for me, seen some people say that it has for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MultiUmm

I haven't played online in months, will I need to get my galactic readiness up to 100% again to achieve the "good ending"? What a pain in the arse that'll be, I tired of it months ago so it's probably back down to 50% ...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

If those endings had of been part of the initial launch i'd bet ME3 would have scored a perfect 10 everywhere.

btw, there is a 5th ending.. kind of
    you can shoot the kid and get the 'reject all choices' ending

Yeah, I did this accidentally on my first play-through of the extended cut. I found it quite annoying as I then had to play-through the final level again to get one of the proper endings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

MultiUmm wrote: »
    I haven't played online in months, will I need to get my galactic readiness up to 100% again to achieve the "good ending"? What a pain in the arse that'll be, I tired of it months ago so it's probably back down to 50% ...

It doesn't need to be anywhere near 100%. Mine was down to 50% when I loaded up the game. I played three multiplayer games just in case, but I think Bioware reduced the number needed to unlock the
    Synthesis ending

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Its 3100 now from what Im aware :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I read Futureguys take on the endings, v.good !

I uninstalled the 3 ME games off my SSD to make space about a month ago, so can't be bothered playing through again atm :P , guess I'll have to watch youtube vids.

But happy that they cleared up a lot of things

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

Ok first of all this is my first play through so no spoiles please,

I'm trying to do the mission, Rannoch: Admiral Koris but it doesn't seem to be available, yet its still highlighted in the journal, I'm thinking its because I already done Priority: Rannoch that they won't let me do it which sucks if I'm right?.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

I bought ME3 ages ago on ps3 but wanted to do both a renegade and a paragon play through of ME2 before I started.

The only bit of DLC I have left to do is Arrival and I'm just wondering if it's worth getting or should I just jump into ME3?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Remouad wrote: »
    I bought ME3 ages ago on ps3 but wanted to do both a renegade and a paragon play through of ME2 before I started.

The only bit of DLC I have left to do is Arrival and I'm just wondering if it's worth getting or should I just jump into ME3?

Save your money.

Arrival is not great, and ME3 practically ignores it anyways, bar a few references.

Just watched the endings just there and they're done so much more better. For me, the Refusal ending was one of the best. I don't know if this needs to be spoilered, but I would have loved an additional "refusal" one, where Sheppard decides (s)he doesn't want to help the Universe because they've grown weary of the atrocities they've seen.
    On the Refusal ending, I thought it was quite a nice touch where Sheppard looks out the window and sees the Normandy being destroyed

I've just finished the game for the first time(with the extended cut scenes) and I havent got a flipping clue what happend at the end.

Anyone care to tell me which ending I got if I PM them what happend at the end and explain to me what it was all about?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Just post it.

It came to the point were I had to choose what to do so I was walking with my gun in hand I decide I'll turn around and shoot the kid and see what happens, some voice then said "So you've made your choice" it then went to the credits.. and then showed a scene with a woman talking with a child in the snow?

I'm also confused because I never got any achievements for completing the game?

That was the refusal 2 ending. It is a bit like the refusal 1 ending but has a long scene omitted.

I really wish the refusal ending would show a victory if you had high enough EMS. EMS is basically useless even though you spend the entire game building it up.

• Advertisement

Well I wasn't happy with that ending so I restarted the mission and choose to destroy the reapers, which would have been my preferred ending.

A quick question lads, before the extended cut was released, what were the ending options and the outcome of these options?

And what has the new endings added?

Three ending options: Red, Green, Blue.

All differed only slightly.

The new endings have introduced a lot more epilogue scenes, such as showing the Krogan with babies, London and earth being rebuilt..etc

Also a few more clarification scenes were added, as well as more dialogue options.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Ok first of all this is my first play through so no spoiles please,

I'm trying to do the mission, Rannoch: Admiral Koris but it doesn't seem to be available, yet its still highlighted in the journal, I'm thinking its because I already done Priority: Rannoch that they won't let me do it which sucks if I'm right?.

Dont visit this thread if you don't want Spoilers.
    The game has been out months and most likely completed by everyone here.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Does anyone know if many of the cut scenes change between the new endings? For example I noticed:
    Kasumi Goto re-unites with Keiji in the synthesis ending but not in any of the other ones. This is presumably because he's sort of tech and they combine? Something like that.
    Any others? Other than the obvious closing moment and voice overs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

What's the refusal ending or how do I get it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

ye get it by refusing all the options the starbrat gives ye, or by simply shooting the little fecker in his face :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

ye get it by refusing all the options the starbrat gives ye, or by simply shooting the little fecker in his face :)

So many people are going to get that ending unintentionally. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Watched them online, and happy i did. They are definitely better than the on-disc endings, why they weren't like that from day 1 is beyond me. And after watching them, i'm torn between Control and Synthesis. The control one is the one i picked initially, and this version makes me feel better for it. But that synthesis ending leaves Edi and (in my playthrough) Legion alive. The two characters i liked the most!!

Gah, if they ever release a ME4 and it continues the story, i think i'd go with systhesis. But i think they've put any possible sequels out of the equation. Whatever about the last few games, these endings have too much scope to cover all possibly endings in another game. Interesting to see where the ME universe and franchise is going to go, surely all prequels?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

But that synthesis ending
    leaves Edi and (in my playthrough) Legion
    alive. The two characters i liked the most!!

I was under the impression
    Legion dies/uploads and disseminates himself no matter what decisions you make on Rannoch.
    How did you manage that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭fergalr

I thought that the new endings were much better than the old ones.
    The suddenness with which the original endings concluded, and the unanswered questions about the consequences of the final choice the player made were really bad writing, the first time around.

One thing in the extended cut really made no sense to me, though, and kind of annoys me.

The scene with the normandy medivac made no sense, and was bad writing.

The entire assault of London is just to get people to the beam.
    100s of ships have been sacrificed, and countless ground troops killed, all trying to reach the beam.
    Trillions of lives hinge on someone getting through, etc; nothing else matters.

Our heroes are ~200m from the beam. Someone gets hurt on the suicide run.

Shepard stops. To arrange a medevac.
    The normandy magically arrives out of nowhere, and does a pickup, while everyone waits. Its like an old kit-kat ad.

Four armed normandy marines stand on the normandy ramp.
    They do not run to the beam.
    These marines get back on the normandy and fly away.

If the normandy can just come in, and land, beside the beam, why didn't it do that when the reaper destroyer, earlier, was advancing on Shepard, and drop someone off? Even leaving that aside:

Shepard wouldn't have stopped.
    If the Normandy could get there at all, it should have been deploying more troops.

Really, EDI should have just crashed the Normandy into harbinger.

That scene made no sense to me, and the ending would have been much stronger without it.

Advertisement