Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Its Hanar or nothing for me.
    Gbear wrote: »
    "This one has forgetten whether it's heat sink is over capacity.

It wonders whether the criminal scum considers itself fortunate"

:pac:

No, no no. It's the sophisticared Elcor toting a rocket launcher that we all want!

"Profound sadness. Alas poor Yorick. I knew him, Horatio."

Then he fires. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Jilm

The Rebellion DLC is available for XBox 360 & PC.

PSN tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Jilm wrote: »
    The Rebellion DLC is available for XBox 360 & PC.

PSN tomorrow.

Only showed up in origin now, started download; 133MB excluding the patch that was out a bit earlier today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Bleh bad thing about this is that the new characters and stuff are bundled into the old equipment packs whereas in Resurgence they gave you a single free pack when you downloaded it so the new stuff was automatically available.

Eggy Baby! wrote: »
    Bleh bad thing about this is that the new characters and stuff are bundled into the old equipment packs whereas in Resurgence they gave you a single free pack when you downloaded it so the new stuff was automatically available.

You say that but just finished a game with one of the Cerberus lash guys, i really like firebase goddess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Was thinking earlier in the week "Hope Bioware give us a flamethrower in the MP at some stage, would be fun".....then check the Vorchas abilities....Flamer :D

Also, new Package Delivery objective is a nice change, feel damn exposed as you walk back to the point though.

Varik wrote: »
    You say that but just finished a game with one of the Cerberus lash guys, i really like firebase goddess.

I've downloaded 6 Veteran Packs and a Premium Spectre Pack and have received zero of the DLCs content. Plus I downloaded like a dozen minipacks. The only thing I've seen are the maps the DLC adds.

Plus I've seen a few Cerberus and Quarian guys (and one Vorcha) and the Quarian guys are hateful because they keep steamrolling with the Arc grenade

Operation MASTIFF (June 8th-10th)
    We are dropping the new reinforcements onto occupied worlds to supplement resistance movements. Retrieving data of how the Reapers conquered those worlds is of paramount importance.

Allied Goal: Complete 100K retrieval missions.
    Personal Goal: Extraction on Silver difficulty with one squad member of the Rebellion Pack classes: Vorcha, Phoenix Project Defectors, or Quarian Male.
    Special Circumstance: None.

Completion of the personal goal awards that player a Commendation Pack.
    Completion of the Allied goal awards all players a Victory Pack that has a guaranteed N7 weapon.

Operation Mastiff begins at 6pm PST Friday June 8th and ends at 4am PST Monday June 11th.
    Packs will be distributed Tuesday evening if the mission is successful.

Anyone here have one of the Rebellion pack classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Varik wrote: »
    Operation MASTIFF (June 8th-10th)
    We are dropping the new reinforcements onto occupied worlds to supplement resistance movements. Retrieving data of how the Reapers conquered those worlds is of paramount importance.

Allied Goal: Complete 100K retrieval missions.
    Personal Goal: Extraction on Silver difficulty with one squad member of the Rebellion Pack classes: Vorcha, Phoenix Project Defectors, or Quarian Male.
    Special Circumstance: None.

Completion of the personal goal awards that player a Commendation Pack.
    Completion of the Allied goal awards all players a Victory Pack that has a guaranteed N7 weapon.

Operation Mastiff begins at 6pm PST Friday June 8th and ends at 4am PST Monday June 11th.
    Packs will be distributed Tuesday evening if the mission is successful.

Anyone here have one of the Rebellion pack classes.

I do, have both the Phoenix characters, and both the vorcha.

Picked up a Male Quarian Engineer, seems like he is gonna see some use after all :D

Hope I actually get my Commendation pack this time :(

• Advertisement

How many operations have there been at this stage.

Haven't played since promoting all my classes so i'll to grind but anyone playing at the weekend give me a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,218 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Downloaded the latest patch there and then the latest DLC.

Now when I get to the title screen it just says "checking downloadable content" forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Clear your cache and re dowload em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

noodler wrote: »
    Downloaded the latest patch there and then the latest DLC.

Now when I get to the title screen it just says "checking downloadable content" forever!

I have gotten that alot since the new patch ( ps3 player here) after a quick google search the solution ( on ps3 atleast ) is to start the game first and then sign in.

Did a few games with the Vorcha Sentinel, amn is he fun. Spent the whole time running round melee-ing everything in sight :D

Pity the connection to most games was so horrible, had spots where my character jumped all round the map for about 30 seconds. Had less rubber-banding when I played on dial-up 10 years ago :mad:

:EDIT: Also, the person on Reddit who slipped the details of the Rebellion MP pack a few weeks before it was leaked by Sony has thrown up details of the next pack called Mass Effect: Earth Pack.

http://kotaku.com/5917131/strikingly-accurate-tipster-resurfaces-with-info-on-mass-effect-3s-multiplayer-dlc-extension
    The fighting is fiercest when it's your home at stake! Mass Effect 3™: Earth adds mods, gear, and new maps for Rio, Vancouver, and London. It features 3 new weapons: Piranha assault shotgun, Acolyte pistol, and Typhoon light machine gun. Six new human N7 classes are also available: Destroyer, Paladin, Demolisher, Slayer, Shadow, and Fury!

Also has a tiny bit about the Extended DLC Bioware is working on to clarify the games ending, doesnt really give any details though.
    An expanded ending for Mass Effect 3. Additional scenes and an extended epilogue reveal the impact of Shepard's choices on the future of the galaxy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Conor125

So whats the news on the dlc..?

Next weekend event is starting tomorrow, Operation Savage.

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/06/20/operation-savage/
    Allied Goal: Eliminate 7,000,000 trooper-level enemies: Cerberus Assault Trooper, Husks, Cannibals, Geth Troopers
    Squad Goal: Extraction on any difficulty with the squad using a mix of Krogan, Vorcha, or Batarian classes
    Special Circumstance: None

Squad Goal Success: Squad awarded a Commendation Pack
    Allied Goal Success: All players awarded a Victory Pack

Fairly easy tbh, kill tons of easy mobs and then a single extraction with a set team.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Fairly easy tbh, kill tons of easy mobs and then a single extraction with a set team.

If you have one of that set team, have a vorcha sentinel only so option of other on team are limited adn those that haven't them have a harder time.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The 'new' ending DLC is coming next week!

http://www.masseffect.com/about/extended_cut/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

sheehy83 wrote: »
    The 'new' ending DLC is coming next week!

http://www.masseffect.com/about/extended_cut/
    The Extended Cut will release on June 26th on Xbox 360, PC, and PlayStation 3 in North America and July 4th for PlayStation 3 in Europe.

Doesn't really matter since it will be on Youtube within hours but I've kinda gone past the point of caring to be honest. Will check out my ending (full paragon, destroy, Shepard dies) and that's it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Playstation players get shafted again ? ffs is it so hard to release it at the same time across all platforms :mad:

Clover wrote: »
    Playstation players get shafted again ? ffs is it so hard to release it at the same time across all platforms :mad:

It is very unusual, especially with free DLC.

Its out the same day as Dawnguard oh dear...

J. Marston wrote: »
    Doesn't really matter since it will be on Youtube within hours but I've kinda gone past the point of caring to be honest. Will check out my ending (full paragon, destroy, Shepard dies) and that's it.

"The Extended Cut requires roughly 1.9 gigabytes of storage."

That is very large...quite unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It's Sony Europe at fault. Free or not, Sony Europe are the last to release any DLC out of any region and any console. And to make it works, it's always the most expensive (when there is a charge on the DLC)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Well, i guess i'll start another playthrough this weekend. Was waiting till they announced a release date, and figured we'd be waiting for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

It is a pity we have to play through from the beginning of the Cerberus Base attack. I'd rather just have the option to watch the extended ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,218 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Its weird...Extended Cut just gives depth to the ending rather than changing it...so does this mean there is no ME3 single-player DLC? (Bar From Ashes?)

I think that is a surprise considering how much they put out for ME and ME2.

If they confirm the ending as it was originally interpreted then it doesn't leave them anywhere to go (imo) for single-player DLC.

It is a pity we have to play through from the beginning of the Cerberus Base attack. I'd rather just have the option to watch the extended ending.

Just put the difficulty on Narrative and you'll beat it in 40 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Its weird...Extended Cut just gives depth to the ending rather than changing it...so does this mean there is no ME3 single-player DLC? (Bar From Ashes?)

If they confirm the ending as it was originally interpreted then it doesn't leave them anywhere to go (imo) for single-player DLC.

They could very easily do "flashback DLC" with most of the characters besides sheppard. Considering they have playable Krogan, Salarian, hell.. even Vorcha and batarians now in ME3MP, i would guess they'll do that rather than bring my poor old femshep back for some random mission that has nothing to do with anything anymore :/

Still, i'm looking forward to the extended cut, it's free and they've clearly put some effort into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I read a while ago that the development of this extended ending has pushed back story DLC. I would assume that means it is still coming just later than originally planned.

Advertisement