Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,218 ✭✭✭✭noodler

They could very easily do "flashback DLC" with most of the characters besides sheppard. Considering they have playable Krogan, Salarian, hell.. even Vorcha and batarians now in ME3MP, i would guess they'll do that rather than bring my poor old femshep back for some random mission that has nothing to do with anything anymore :/

Still, i'm looking forward to the extended cut, it's free and they've clearly put some effort into it.

Hmm, I never really thought about non-Shepard single-player DLC.

Now that we mention it though:

I'd love to see the developments on the Batarian homeworld as the Reapers pour in and how they react, the sense of confusion before they are annihilated.

I can't think of too many other ones from the ME3 timeline though.

I have to get a lend of my brother's 360 at soems stage to play ME1!

I read a while ago that the development of this extended ending has pushed back story DLC. I would assume that means it is still coming just later than originally planned.

I wonder if that means the DLC wasn't done by launch and they are still working on it or does it mean they simply don't want to release (already completed) DLC at the same time as extended cut.

Reloading at the Cereberus base and having to do the ninja boss fight again doesn't appeal to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

I logged in yesterday to find my Galactic Readiness at 64%. Spent most of today bringing it up to 100%. I now have 6500 war assets so I'll get the most complete Shepard/Destroy ending, and hopefully the Extended Cut will explain the scene at the end with Shepard reawakening.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Didn't even think of the galactic readiness, There's no way I'm grinding MP to get it to 100% again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Didn't even think of the galactic readiness, There's no way I'm grinding MP to get it to 100% again!!

Ah man, I totally forgot about that. I guess I will have to start playing the ME3 iPhone app again to get it back to 100%.

Just checked my Galactic Readiness rating, it is done to 50%.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

just do some bronzes, i have and it's no grind. the Mp is great fun to come back to after playing the likes of D3 for weeks :)

• Advertisement

I just read on Kotaku that the Galactic Readiness rating has been reduced. You now need ~3100 in assets rather than ~4000.

and the extended cut as posted on twitter by Jessica Merizan from bioware, is 2am PST which should mean that it's available for download on origin, xbl and psn by noon tomorrow, 26th june 2012 :)

Just loaded up my game and saw I have my readiness at 88%, sweet! Total effective strength at 6000. Should be plenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Just loaded up my game and saw I have my readiness at 88%, sweet! Total effective strength at 6000. Should be plenty.

Tomorrow it will be lower though.
    Ah man, I totally forgot about that. I guess I will have to start playing the ME3 iPhone app again to get it back to 100%.

I just played a few games of bronze to get the GR back up. It wasn't nearly as boring as it sounds!

Ah no it shouldn't be. I forgot that if you sign out of PSN before loading the game, it doesn't decrease. Have a few new games so would prefer to play them then force a few games of MP to see an ending to a game I already cleared. I am looking forward to seeing whats different though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

It's available now on 360, 1.85gb download. Does anyone know if the autosave made after completing the game puts you back before the Cerberus base attack? You supposedly need to play from this point to the end for the new ending to kick in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I just read on Kotaku that the Galactic Readiness rating has been reduced. You now need ~3100 in assets rather than ~4000.

Any chance you have a link for that? Would save me a bunch of time this evening.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

DarkJager wrote: »
    It's available now on 360, 1.85gb download. Does anyone know if the autosave made after completing the game puts you back before the Cerberus base attack? You supposedly need to play from this point to the end for the new ending to kick in.

Yeah, the game saves itself just before the attack on Cerberus. If you play from there, you'll see all the extra features.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

It's available now on 360, 1.85gb download. Does anyone know if the autosave made after completing the game puts you back before the Cerberus base attack?

It most certainly does.

Let us know what you think of the new bits. I have loaned my copy to a friend, so no Mass Effect 3 for me today. :(

Spoilers for any of the extended scenes talk though.

it's not up on origin yet :/

Kiith wrote: »
    Spoilers for any of the extended scenes talk though.

Hopefully, but I'll still peek at them.

About 40% downloaded now. Will hopefully play through it this afternoon, the section of Cerberus to the end is about 60-90 mins if I remember right?

Raphael wrote: »
    Any chance you have a link for that? Would save me a bunch of time this evening.

Here is the link.

I knew Sony Europe would be the last to get it but is this a joke?

We are getting it on 4th July??

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/355351/mass-effect-3-extended-cut-delayed-by-one-week-on-eu-ps3/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

I knew Sony Europe would be the last to get it but is this a joke?

We are getting it on 4th July??

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/355351/mass-effect-3-extended-cut-delayed-by-one-week-on-eu-ps3/

I'm going to download it from the US store when it goes up and see if that works .

Clover wrote: »
    I'm going to download it from the US store when it goes up and see if that works .

Let us know how that goes. If this delay is real, I'm seriously gonna make a complaint to Sony Europe, rediculous. Dunno if it's the Sony approval process or just lazy bastards :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Will do.

So I go to load my save after downloading this. My readiness rating is 50% even though it was nearly maxed when I originally finished it. **** you bioware. I'm going to watch the scenes on YouTube because I simply don't have the patience to grind through that readiness rating again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Let us know how that goes. If this delay is real, I'm seriously gonna make a complaint to Sony Europe, rediculous. Dunno if it's the Sony approval process or just lazy bastards :mad:
    Not sure why you're surprised; Sony's game support for Europe has always been poor as long as I can remember (Everquest expansion being released over a month after NA and what not).

So I go to load my save after downloading this. My readiness rating is 50% even though it was nearly maxed when I originally finished it. **** you bioware. I'm going to watch the scenes on YouTube because I simply don't have the patience to grind through that readiness rating again.

You don't need to get it to full. Anywhere about 60-70 with a decent rating will get you the best endings. That's 3-4 games of multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Argh, i wanna watch them!! :mad:

I actually think I am going to watch them on YouTube rather than playing the last mission again. If there is no player interaction in the ending then why bother playing again to see an extended ending.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Argh, i wanna watch them!! :mad:

Same as that, especially that 4th one.

Hopefully they are not just new coloured explosions!

Advertisement