Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

ooh! and a free sniper rifle here (PC only) http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaway/mass-effect-3-giveaway/ (not sure if it's for MP or just SP) ye just need to register - login - get the code, activate it on origin and there ye go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

ooh! and a free sniper rifle here (PC only) http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaway/mass-effect-3-giveaway/ (not sure if it's for MP or just SP) ye just need to register - login - get the code, activate it on origin and there ye go :)

This is the gun you get:
    http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/M-90_Indra

I distrust giving my personal details away for any reason, particularly on the internet, unless it's absolutely necessary.

I'll be giving it a miss but nice shoutout!

If someone had been on the ball as quickly as you elsewhere I might've gotten myself a Diablo 3 beta key:p

[pedantry]Incidentally, the Sabre isn't an N7 weapon[/pedantry]

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Gbear wrote: »

Eerrrr, wait. In this article it says that sniper rifles fired from the hip take a hefty damage penalty? Not an accuracy penalty?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Got the free sniper rifle above, thanks for that. Also finally got my Commendation pack from Op Raptor. Got the N7 Valiant. Pretty damn good.

Zillah wrote: »
    Eerrrr, wait. In this article it says that sniper rifles fired from the hip take a hefty damage penalty? Not an accuracy penalty?

Yup. It's most obvious in the single player (where I actually have some sniper rifles) firing the Black Widow, even with a headshot, can't kill a cannibal. In fact it only takes about 50% of their health.

• Advertisement

mine can but i'm not playing above hardcore, its also rank X in SP, second playthrough

• Registered Users Posts: 26,218 ✭✭✭✭noodler

So when I finished it I found myself back on the Normandy before the last mission.

What do I have to do to get X weapons in to multi?

Start a new game and import that file?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

noodler wrote: »
    So when I finished it I found myself back on the Normandy before the last mission.

What do I have to do to get X weapons in to multi?

Start a new game and import that file?

In multiplayer? You have to buy a ridiculous amount of packs from the store. Each time you get the weapon in question it increases +1. If you want a basic weapon at X it is quite doable by buying cheap rookie packs (5k), if you want a fancy weapon at ten...ahaha good luck. Buy Spectre packs at 60k each and each time you will get one or MAAAAAYBE two special items, which may or may not be a weapon or the weapon you want. Singleplayer and Multiplayer have nothing to do with each other except for Galactic Readiness.

Basically the whole thing is a scam that makes people spend real money to buy these packs to get the characters and weapons they want, otherwise you grind grind grind. And people are spending money on them - it is working.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Kiith wrote: »
    Got the free sniper rifle above, thanks for that. Also finally got my Commendation pack from Op Raptor. Got the N7 Valiant. Pretty damn good.

Likewise, though they were a bit pants to be honest. Some N7 Pistol (handy for my adeptcs, admittedly) - The Eagle? Anyone know if it's worth sticking with over a Phalanx?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Zillah wrote: »
    Basically the whole thing is a scam that makes people spend real money to buy these packs to get the characters and weapons they want, otherwise you grind grind grind. And people are spending money on them - it is working.

A scam? Pretty harsh man. Its a very viable and profitable business plan. I am not forced into buying anything as I can earn credits to get my packs. If I get 5 gold runs in a 2-2.5 hour period, thats 4 of the 99000 super packs. I would have to spend 12 euro to get those otherwise.

Compare that to certain facebook games were 2 euro would get you the same benefits that a full 24 hours of playing would. These models are clearly skewed in favour of spending money.

Buying backs in ME3 with real money is a luxury, not a necessity. A luxury I am quite happy to indulge in now and again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Anyone here use the Facebook App? Don't know much about it tbh, just saw it randomly there a minute ago. Is there any benefit to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Viral Vector

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Anyone here use the Facebook App? Don't know much about it tbh, just saw it randomly there a minute ago. Is there any benefit to it?
    Yeah it was!

I got a

Normandy Prop
    Better with Kinect T-Shirt
    Paragon T-shirt
    Renegade T-shirt

for my avatar

Oh and also 2 victory packs for recruiting friends to play the demo!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Yeah it was!

I got a

Normandy Prop
    Better with Kinect T-Shirt
    Paragon T-shirt
    Renegade T-shirt

for my avatar

Oh and also 2 victory packs for recruiting friends to play the demo!

Was that the recruitment app? I saw two of them there this morning when I was browsing. I thought one of them was supposed to tie into the Galactic Readiness bullplop?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭daca88

Anyone else noticing a trend in multiplayer recently, as in : people blatantly not doing any hacking or tasks at all and not extracting??
    Every single game the last 2 or 3 days has been the same.
    On PS3 by the way

If my striker is at level 1....am I better off buying loads of cheap packs to try and get it upgraded or a couple of decent ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

New MP weekend starting tomorrow.

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/04/25/operation-exorcist/
    When it comes to retrieving classified data, Cerberus has been beating the allied forces to the punch. New intelligence has tipped us off to one of their offensives, and it is time to give the N7 teams the payback they want.

Allied Goal: Kill 1,000,000 Cerberus Phantoms
    Squad Goal: Survive until extraction on any map and any enemy on Gold difficulty.

Successful completion of the Allied Goal will grant all players a Victory Pack.
    Successful completion of the squad goal awards a Commendation Pack to all squadmates.

Operation Exorcist will run from 6:00PM PST, Friday April 27th until 5:00AM PST, Monday April 30th. Exorcist will be available on PC and Xbox 360 only. Please remember to set “Upload Gameplay Feedback” to “on” in the online options to be able to participate in Operation Exorcist.

Good luck and see you on the battlefield.

Survive a game on Gold....haha oh Bioware, you so silly, thats impossible ( for me anyways :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    New MP weekend starting tomorrow.

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/04/25/operation-exorcist/

Survive a game on Gold....haha oh Bioware, you so silly, thats impossible ( for me anyways :( )

To kill 1,000,000 phantoms i can see a lot of bronze and silver games being played. Squad goal is a breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Bah no PS3 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

I'm still having issues connecting to MP on Origin. Anyone else having the same problem? Pretty frustrating.

If my striker is at level 1....am I better off buying loads of cheap packs to try and get it upgraded or a couple of decent ones?
    Veterans and Spectre's man :) And tbh, it could just be spectre packs that ye get upgrades for that particular one, and iirc they're quite rare too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Survive a game on Gold....haha oh Bioware, you so silly, thats impossible ( for me anyways frown.gif )

Gold is actually pretty easy with a balanced team. Everyone should have a character with a level of 16+. Geth on Firebase White is the easiest to beat.

Veterans and Spectre's man :) And tbh, it could just be spectre packs that ye get upgrades for that particular one, and iirc they're quite rare too

Yeah I love the gun but its a pain at "I" until your character is approaching level 20.

I would have thought it possible to get one in a normal pack (at least a II or a III anyway)

I got the Asari Shotgun yesterday (any good?) - wondering whether it should replace my Katana VI.

Yeah I love the gun but its a pain at "I" until your character is approaching level 20.

I would have thought it possible to get one in a normal pack (at least a II or a III anyway)

I got the Asari Shotgun yesterday (any good?) - wondering whether it should replace my Katana VI.

As far as I can tell the asari shotgun is awful. The upside to it is that I think it's the lightest shotgun so if you're going power-heavy it can be a good choice.

It's pretty accurate but it does very little damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got my next commendation pack, now have everything bar the Hurricane.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Has everyone gotten their commendation packs for the weekend? Still waiting on mine.

Got mine...and I got the Huricane.

Quite an excellent weapon.

Its speed is max and damage is reasonable. Turian soldier at the moment do is excellent with Marksman.

Also got Striker II (finally) this week. Really makes a difference.

Put some time into grinding geth gold and been getting the 99k spectre pack for the last week, changed to buying veteran packs now as i need weapon mods which are all common or uncommon so chance of getting them in higher with the lower packs.

Should probably finish ME2 and start 3 at some point.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭dead one

After two month' exile, I finished the game on insanity. Remember insane is to insanity..

Stupid invisible geth died and still counted as the last enemy so couldn't finish round :(

Game was going well no close calls or need to missiles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭daca88

Tried my first Gold run today, Random/Random/Gold. Turned out to be Firebase White/Geth. So of course everyone went to that one room with the 2 choke points. Ended up being a fairly easy game.

Decided to try another ended up on Firebase Giant with Geth again. We got destroyed at wave 8 :o

Also got the Valiant in the Commendation Pack from last week. Awesome gun :D

Advertisement