Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Fair play to Bioware, another free multiplayer DLC. They are decent sized as well, and i've seen smaller dlc's being charged for in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,218 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Kiith wrote: »
    Fair play to Bioware, another free multiplayer DLC. They are decent sized as well, and i've seen smaller dlc's being charged for in the past.

I hate to be a cynic, but didn't they just hold back on characters, classes and maps that were already in the main game?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

noodler wrote: »
    I hate to be a cynic, but didn't they just hold back on characters, classes and maps that were already in the main game?

Probably, but it doesn't stop most other companies from charging for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

They have to make up for the shocking SP ending and Day 1 DLC in people's eyes, perhaps. Maybe they feel they can't get away with charging for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Don't be naive, they are absolutely raking it in with people paying real cash to unlock new packs. People would stop buying packs without new content so it is in their best interest to keep making new DLC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Perhaps. You're probably right. Ah well, just as well I stopped playing... I'd feel terrible to be used by a corporation to make money. Now, back to Diablo and that real money auction house...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Well since you can pay to buy the random item packs, they could have felt releasing the DLC free would prolong the MP and garner a bit more cash that way. And without splitting the playerbase like paid DLC maps always does.

I feel sorry for anybody who ever spent s real euro on the multiplayer for packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I feel sorry for anybody who ever spent s real euro on the multiplayer for packs.
    I dont get why people would spend money on that sort of stuff

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Because they are rich and have high disposable incomes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Please don't feel sorry for me. It's unnecessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

*strokes Widow X*

Meh, had 320 points resting in my account after buying Shadow Broker years ago so used em on some packs, not bought any purely for getting ME3 MP packs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Meh, had 320 points resting in my account after buying Shadow Broker years ago so used em on some packs, not bought any purely for getting ME3 MP packs though.

Got 80 left over on mine, don't think i'd ever use it on packs as playing geth gold only takes a short time, and there's bound to be paid DLC in the future.

Zillah wrote: »
    *strokes Widow X*

I dunno how much I've dumped into buying the packs, it's not huge money but when the match making system is pairing me with people who seem to be missing most of their frontal lobes it's a decent work around.

Also, you know, I consider it encouragement for bioware to keep pumping resources into the MP stuff.

I dunno how much I've dumped into buying the packs, it's not huge money but when the match making system is pairing me with people who seem to be missing most of their frontal lobes it's a decent work around.

Also, you know, I consider it encouragement for bioware to keep pumping resources into the MP stuff.

Sorry if I sound like a dick but I feel even sorrier for you now!

I don't think BW need you to spend money on packs when all they are doing is using maps and classes from the game. I am sure the 3m+ sales of the game more than compensated for that.

Sorry if I sound like a dick but I feel even sorrier for you now!

No need to apologise, I'd have to respect your opinion first in order to feel like you're being dickish to me.
    I don't think BW need you to spend money on packs when all they are doing is using maps and classes from the game. I am sure the 3m+ sales of the game more than compensated for that.

You... look, I'm not really going to get into this, because this forum turns into a running gun battle with fucking stupid bullets when it comes to how anything in the real world works, but I like ME3's multiplayer, I want it to continue being supported.
    That'll only happen as long as it's profitable, so throwing bioware a few quid on a semi-frequent basis helps with that.

It's not a complex equation nor a massive investment on my part, so what's the problem*?

* = Please note: this is rhetorical, I don't care what you think the problem is.

And on topic:
    Banshees appearing all day every day no matter what the opposition? Fuck you bioware, you evil bastards.

Yeah, you are getting a little emotional for somebody who does not care what people think.

If you need to tell yourself that ME3's (already fairly repetitive at this stage) multiplayer will stop being supported 2 months after release and after the game shifted more than 3 million copies if people stop buying weapons packs then that is fine. Whatever you need to justify it to yourself.

(You know, despite the fact far less popular games are still running online years after their release).

I seem to have touched a nerve though and I apologise. Back on topic indeed.

Yeah, you are getting a little emotional for somebody who does not care what people think.

If you need to tell yourself that ME3's (already fairly repetitive at this stage) multiplayer will stop being supported 2 months after release and after the gamne shifted more than 3 million copies then that is fine. Whatever you need to justify it to yourself.

(You know, despite the fact far less popular games are still running online years after their release).

I seem to have touched a nerve though and I apologise. Back on topic indeed.

Please, you haven't touched a nerve.
    You're just consistently wrong every time you open your mouth.

Please, you haven't touched a nerve.
    You're just consistently wrong every time you open your mouth.

Hey, maybe you need to take a step back here.

You are responding with insults rather than argument to defend your opinion and it kind of damages your "I am not getting emotional" stance.

Chill out.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

Just finished the game, my reaction:
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Just finished the game, my reaction:
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

200359.jpg

Just go with that. It's the least mind-fúckish option, in my opinion. Although the DLC will clarify everything...hopefully.

Hope so, I will be most disappointed if they only slightly change it because the game itself deserved a far better ending.

Hey, maybe you need to take a step back here.

You are responding with insults rather than argument to defend your opinion and it kind of damages your "I am not getting emotional" stance.

Chill out.

What's left to defend? Continued support isn't without cost and it's that's something I'd like to see so I give them money on occasion.

It's simple regardless of how much you want to dress it up.

Are you done now?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

J. Marston wrote: »
    200359.jpg

Just go with that. It's the least mind-fúckish option, in my opinion. Although the DLC will clarify everything...hopefully.

His Hair... it's Hypnotic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Hooray for Vorcha! I'm still waiting for my Volus biotic god though- imagine him somersaulting over cover.

I seen somebody had modded the volus in on the pc version.

Its Hanar or nothing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Its Hanar or nothing for me.

"This one has forgetten whether it's heat sink is over capacity.

It wonders whether the criminal scum considers itself fortunate"

:pac:

• Advertisement

Gbear wrote: »
    "This one has forgetten whether it's heat sink is over capacity.

It wonders whether the criminal scum considers itself fortunate"

:pac:

*sigh* How come he wasnt a party member in ME3 :(

Advertisement