Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

noodler wrote: »
    Does race matter?

All I have is Quarian and human!

Different races have different powers for the classes. You can unlock different race/class combo's with the packs. Usually from Spectre packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Kiith wrote: »
    Different races have different powers for the classes. You can unlock different race/class combo's with the packs. Usually from Spectre packs.

I kind of dislike the way nothing is permanent!

I have no idea whether or not it is worth continuing to level up my human/quarian or move onto a new class!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I kind of dislike the way nothing is permanent!

I have no idea whether or not it is worth continuing to level up my human/quarian or move onto a new class!

In what way is nothing permanent?

Zillah wrote: »
    In what way is nothing permanent?

The stuff in the packs seem to be the only way I can boost my character's ability (obviously I am missing something) and they are only temporary - or for one battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I'm not saying they're no fun, but without nova the other vanguards simply lack the killing power. The Drell has paper shields and dies at the drop of a hat, and the Asari only has stasis going for her, in which case you should go for the Asari Adept and remain useful.

There are always comedy builds and gimic setups of course, Asari Adept sniper is one of my favourites for silver.

Oh for sure, I'm only using the AV because I don't have the AA.

Was thinking I'd try out a Stasis Sniper build, could be fun. If only I had a Black Widow/Javelin... Am using a regular Widow at the moment.

@Tony... brilliant stuff ;) I reckon we could bring in a level 5 who was competent and we'd get the job done. No hyperbole!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've got a Salarian Engineer (lvl 15 I think) that might fit the bill gentlemen...

Got an Asari Justicar there. The defense field thing is pretty damn handy, but the other powers arent the best. Pull is only effective against unshielded targets, which is grand for a few rounds. Reave doesnt seem to affect Geth at all either, so i was pretty useless in my last 2 rounds. Fun overall though.
    The stuff in the packs seem to be the only way I can boost my character's ability (obviously I am missing something) and they are only temporary - or for one battle.

Yeah, the equipment packs are a one round bonus (Warp Ammo, faster run speed etc...) but your main abilities are your Powers. They'll be your bread and butter for most rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Is there a Boards.ie Origin group or anything? Wouldn't mind getting into a few games with ye, since ye seem to know more what you're doing than the randomers one tends to get lumped in with online.

This is my Batarian Soldier:

fwvQe.jpg

I hope you like him. He likes you.

Reave doesnt seem to affect Geth at all either

You need to buddy up with another biotic. Reave/Warp/Reave/Warp, for example, will result in an endless explosion pain train. Take turns going first if people care about score (the one going first gets the explosion kills).

• Advertisement

You need to buddy up with another biotic. Reave/Warp/Reave/Warp, for example, will result in an endless explosion pain train. Take turns going first if people care about score (the one going first gets the explosion kills).

Yeah, had a bit of a team up there for a silver. Was pretty damn good, except for the stupid Soldier that was with us who was convinced he was a Vanguard. Literally died at the very start of every single round. Was bloody annoying.

Enjoying the Justicar though. Not for kills or points, but they do seem to be great for support.

Gbear wrote: »
    Just downloading the DLC now.

I think a model whereby games have lots of free DLC only available to people who have authentic non-pirated versions of the game could be the way forward. Rather than punishing everyone for the piracy it incentivises honesty.

Read an interesting article in Scientific American recently talking about "friction" in modern society. Things like needing a credit card to buy "From Ashes" are friction that prevent the likes of me buying it. There was hardly any friction at all to me getting this DLC. That it's free isn't really relevant to me.

If you could just text them or buy it using your smart phone (which I don't have) it'd be 5 quid, as opposed to 5 quid + hassle.

To be honest I only think this is free because they charged for From Ashes!

Its not a bad model for Multiplayer though - its nice having everybody with the same maps.

Played three games tonight but did quickmatch on Unknown map so didn't get to try the new maps.

I have been using a Quarian Infiltrator for a while, frag grenades on left, sabotage on right and cloak. Doing well.

Do new character (races) only become available as you level up? I am level 19 but theres only the humans an quarians to choose from - need a new character to keep it fresh.

BY THE WAY (BACK IN THE MAIN GAME)
    Thessia just fell - Sad Face!

Getting a bit PO'd with the illusive man storyline - him being indoctoronated (if thats what it turns out to be) is so predictable.

Do new character (races) only become available as you level up? I am level 19 but theres only the humans an quarians to choose from - need a new character to keep it fresh.

You need to unlock the races with the packs as well. Got an Asari Justicar in one yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'm obviously the only person using a Sentinel round here so.:p

With 200% cooldown, you can just warp and throw combination yourself and don't have to rely on team mates for the explosions. Fast kills. This helps when playing with retards. I play with alot of retards. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Kirby wrote: »
    This helps when playing with retards. I play with alot of retards. :p

I played about five games lastnight and gave up as I found myself playing with nothing but retards. Muppets ignoring the objective waves completely, trying to kill everything in sight and end up constantly needing reviving cuz they suck ass :mad:

I think the crazies were definitely out last night. Was really frustrating. Although saying that, i had a game where i just kept dying as well. Was playing as a Soldier, and wasn't doing anything crazy, but just seemed to die anytime i came under fire. Killed loads of enemies, but must have been annoying to constantly res me :P

Just in case you managed to miss something incredibly important:
    You know you have a whole range of powers that need to be levelled up, right? And that you can select from loads of different weapons?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

With 200% cooldown, you can just warp and throw combination yourself and don't have to rely on team mates for the explosions. Fast kills. This helps when playing with retards. I play with alot of retards. :p

My first character was a Human Sentinel, found tech armor to be useless though but Warp/Throw is really great, and as of last night I've unlocked an Asari Adept, so I can add Stasis to that mix.

Did another few gold runs again last night. AA was my last unlock :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Will be on tonight if anyone wants a few games, gamertag maxi ni :)

Just in case you managed to miss something incredibly important:
    You know you have a whole range of powers that need to be levelled up, right? And that you can select from loads of different weapons?

Ah I do!

I think its just that I have barely been getting any additional classes in my packs - are new classes only possible to get in the more expensive packs?

• Advertisement

I think there's a chance of getting them in the Veteren pack (20k credits), but it's pretty small. The Spectre pack (60k) is where i've gotten the different classes most of the time.

New weekend operation coming up.
    Operation RESURGENCE (Apr 13-15)

Operation BEACHHEAD eased the pressure on allied planets and freed up conventional forces that were being hammered by the Reapers. With these reinforcements, the allies can use RESURGENCE to target more critical infrastructure.

Anyone who has the Resurgence Pack multiplayer DLC operational during this weekend will be granted a Reserves Pack. A Reserves Pack unlocks one of the new random alien classes guaranteed.

All participating squads will earn +10% additional experience when playing on the Resurgence expansion’s new maps, Firebase: Condor and Firebase: Hydra.

Welcome to Operation Resurgence, the next N7 Challenge Weekend!

This week we released our first multiplayer expansion, the Resurgence Pack. This DLC added new maps, characters, weapons, and consumables. If you haven’t had a chance to download it yet, make sure to grab it; it’s available for no additional charge.

Firebase Condor and Firebase Hydra are available immediately. If you download the Resurgence Pack and play this weekend you will be rewarded with a Reserves Pack the following week, containing one new Resurgence character.

This Operation is currently available to Xbox 360 and PC users only, and will run from Friday, April 13th at 5PM PST to Monday, April 16th 5AM PST. Unfortunately, we are not yet able to offer our Multiplayer Challenge weekends on PlayStation 3. Sony has not yet approved the promotion. We continue to work with them to find a compromise, but until then, Sony will not allow us to run the same Multiplayer Challenges on the PlayStation 3 that we run on Xbox 360 and PC.

Please remember to set “Upload Gameplay Feedback” to “on” in the online options to be able to participate in Operation Resurgence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Gah stupid sony.

Would love to know Sony's reasoning for this.

I think there's a chance of getting them in the Veteren pack (20k credits), but it's pretty small. The Spectre pack (60k) is where i've gotten the different classes most of the time.

Cheers. Time to start saving so!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Krogan Sentinel with an Eviscerator - hilarious bashing everything out of my way. I can single handedly take down a Brute with Shotgun to the face, heavy melee, Incinerate, reload shotgun and blam again with the option to melee one last time in case your shotgun was slightly off target.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Yeah krogan sentinel was awesome 75% kills were melee and the lift grenades were very effective, pissed off that i promoted him .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Is anyone elses multiplayer broken?
    I can't get on to a match for love nor money and it keeps crashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I keep getting my ass kicked in MP, just cannot get any decent weapons in the packs.
    My lvl 20 salarian engineer does great against geth, but put me up against a phantom and i'm screwed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

BizzyC wrote: »
    I keep getting my ass kicked in MP, just cannot get any decent weapons in the packs.
    My lvl 20 salarian engineer does great against geth, but put me up against a phantom and i'm screwed.

Salarian Engineers and Quarian Infiltrators own Geth but are poor against other enemies. You need to level up other Characters against other enemies, particularly Reapers.

Advertisement