Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

I find my human engineer pretty awesome against geth and cerberus, not so good against the ol' reapers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

maximoose wrote: »
    I find my human engineer pretty awesome against geth and cerberus, not so good against the ol' reapers.
    Rocket combat drone FTW

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Rocket Sentry Turret with my Quarian Engineer was a personal favourite of mine. Now, i'm loving Warp and Overload with my Turian Sentinel. Still waiting to unlock a Geth or Batarian class though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Here are the classes that are good for winning gold:
    - Salarian Infiltrator (overload + headshot)
    - Asari Adept (warp + throw for explosions)
    - Salarian Engineer (decoy)
    - Justicar (bubble, also explosions)
    - Geth Engineer (turret)

Not saying other classes can't win gold but these tend to be the most effective.

Drell adept are pretty awesome, Pull, Reave, repeat. They tear Guardians apart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Salarian Engineers and Quarian Infiltrators own Geth but are poor against other enemies. You need to level up other Characters against other enemies, particularly Reapers.

Doesn't the Salarian Engineer have Energy drain? I've found it great against Banshees, Phantoms and Atli? and kinda like Biotic charge in the sense that when you're about to die you quickly look for someone to steal shields from.

I think it restores some shields even if you don't hit an enemy that has any.

Oh and an update on my Turian Soldier - christ on a bike they're good at shooting things. I've got Marksman and Turian Rebel at lvl 6 and even with the worst recoiling gun in the game - the revenant - you can get a serious number of shots down range (marksman increases rate of fire too!) accurately and they all do pretty high damage for an assault rifle.

Was just finishing up a particularly enjoyable and fruitful Silver run - had AP ammo 2 enabled - when on Wave 11 the stupid thing disconnected - furious.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Anyone know what the story is with these Resurgence packs? Do we get them after the weekend?

GorySnake wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story is with these Resurgence packs? Do we get them after the weekend?
    Yep, that is normally how it works

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Ah that sucks, at this rate I'll probably have all the new characters unlocked myself by then, just missing the Batarian Solder, the Geth Engineer and the Krogan Vanguard. I think Geth Infiltrator w/ Geth Plasma Shotgun is one of the best classes in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Meesared wrote: »
    Yep, that is normally how it works

Except when it doesn't ;)

I'm still waiting on the operation Raptor reward packs. Been in touch with support and they say there are problems and we're trying to fix them.

• Advertisement

Except when it doesn't ;)

I'm still waiting on the operation Raptor reward packs. Been in touch with support and they say there are problems and we're trying to fix them.

Aha! Good man. I was just going to ask.

On the Bioware fora there was a comment that they'd take about a week to sort out - 9 days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,213 ✭✭✭✭noodler

God, I thought my standard (non-shotgun, non-sniper weapons) were only weak because of my Quarian infiltrator but I have unlocked three new classes

- Female Soldier
    - Asari Vanguard
    - Drell Adept

And all the machine guns are still crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

noodler wrote: »
    God, I thought my standard (non-shotgun, non-sniper weapons) were only weak because of my Quarian infiltrator but I have unlocked three new classes

- Female Soldier
    - Asari Vanguard
    - Drell Adept

And all the machine guns are still crap!

As a rule, the rapid-fire weapons are disproportionately weaker in ME3 multiplayer, and especially so in Silver and Gold. The reason being that armor gives a flat protection per bullet (to a minimum of 5), rather than a percentage or anything more complex. For example (numbers made up):

Geth Plasma Rifle does 10 damage per bullet and fires 10 rounds every second. So 100 damage in one second in total minus 50 for armor, net 50 damage.

Mantis does 100 damage per bullet and fires one bullet per second. So 100 damage in one second in total, minus 5 for armor, net 95 damage.

Hence why assault rifles, sub-machine guns and the lighter pistols are absolute junk on Gold. The heavy pistols are still lethal though, Carnifex/Paladin can insta-kill with headshots, and even the phalanx still packs quite a punch.

Rapidfire weapons also have the downside of forcing you to stay out of cover for longer.

Having great crack with the Drell Adept at the moment.

I couldn't figure out how ot use Reave effectively for a while but its great. Can use it on a Marauder or Centurion and then am able to double melee them without any fear of death.

Completed a fair few silvers now - might try and step up to gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Just to make sure, all i had to do was play with the DLC installed this weekend?

Varik wrote: »
    Just to make sure, all i had to do was play with the DLC installed this weekend?

Bloody non-PS3 owners!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I'm having great craic now with a drell adept.

Reave, pull and headshots with my carniflex pistol...

Anyone else get their hands on the harpoon launcher?

It's been a bit frustrating to use so far - seems to lack the accuracy of a true sniper rifle, it isn't instant hit like most of them but I really do like the animation of the glowing red harpoon sticking out of people's faces when you shoot them. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Geth engineer, in huntermode, on gold, camping, with shieldhealing sentry gun, geth pulse rifle X geth smg II, grouped with salarian engineer with explosive decoy, asari justicar with biotic bubbleshield and human engineer with chain overload is just so bloody easy it's hilarious!

Great fun :)

Oh and i got the striker assault rifle IV - it's just a crowd killing monster! great for knocking the crap out of phantoms! requires no accuracy at all lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Started this recently and I haven't gone too far in it but is anyone having freezing issues with the Citadel elevator?

I used the elevator, the loading screen came on and that was followed by a black screen but it still had sound. It's happened 3 or 4 times already, very frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

J. Marston wrote: »
    Started this recently and I haven't gone too far in it but is anyone having freezing issues with the Citadel elevator?

I used the elevator, the loading screen came on and that was followed by a black screen but it still had sound. It's happened 3 or 4 times already, very frustrating.

Yeah i had the same thing happen to me in the elevator.
    It only done it twice though, but i'm on PC.
    I think its just a bug.

Oh and i got the striker assault rifle IV - it's just a crowd killing monster! great for knocking the crap out of phantoms! requires no accuracy at all lol :D

Haven't gotten past Stage 7 on gold yet (I actually keep getting kicked when I join Gold matches) even with a level 20 character - I am not sure what it making them do it.

Anyway I have the Striker I and it is class (if a little weak) and am dieing for an upgrade.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Some people will check your build/class and kick you if they don't like the look of it. Pretty damn annoying at times.

Kiith wrote: »
    Some people will check your build/class and kick you if they don't like the look of it. Pretty damn annoying at times.

Yeah, I have only ranked up three characters to Level 20 so far:

- Human Male (bit meh)
    - Quarian Infiltrator (which I loved)
    - Drell Adept (which I named Zell - also growing to love this although sometimes its hard to know when Reave does and does not work)

I unlocked a Turian soldier last night so I think I am going to give that a go next - bit more traditional.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Got through one round of Gold last night with my lvl 20 salarian engineer.

Never realised how important decoy can be for team surival... I spent the whole time creating decoys while my teammates killed all the guys converging on the decoy.

noodler wrote: »
    Haven't gotten past Stage 7 on gold yet (I actually keep getting kicked when I join Gold matches) even with a level 20 character - I am not sure what it making them do it.

Anyway I have the Striker I and it is class (if a little weak) and am dieing for an upgrade.
    I've been asked to change a low grade weapon to a rank 10 (X) and threatened to be removed if i didnt.
    Normally i'd have arank 10 anyway, but some classes, especially biotics or force/power reliant classes dont use weapons as frequently and therefore dont need a max ranked weapon to get through a gold.

If it keeps happening, i'd say make your own gold run and be very selective about who you let join too. I usually set one up with a mate and we refuse to take 2 of one class, especially infiltrators. But then again, we just play firebase white/geth/gold and camp the sh1t out of it with salarian engineers :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Kiith wrote: »

I'm going to say this now. I do it quite regularly if I am doing gold runs. There is no place for a level 12 soldier with little experience (low N7 rating) or a vanguard in a gold run. The other three players are immediately handicapped by someone that is going to get killed again and again.

I would rather have a team of 3 who know what they are doing.

Another thing that's quite common is people joining and starting up - disagreeing to the tactic/s and going rambo, get themselves killed and quit.

Completely ruins a good setup.

Something i've asked for more recently is for people to use equipment on golds. At least if they do rambo and ragequit out, it will have cost them some ammo, weapon and armour equipment.

Bit petty isnt it? ..But ye know what? it seems to be working lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭SK1979

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm going to say this now. I do it quite regularly if I am doing gold runs. There is no place for a level 12 soldier with little experience (low N7 rating) or a vanguard in a gold run. The other three players are immediately handicapped by someone that is going to get killed again and again.

I would rather have a team of 3 who know what they are doing.

Agree 100%, if you are farming credits from White / Gold / Geth, you can do it with most classes, but they must be at least (imo) level 15+ as prior to that their dmg output will be too low and they'll be a burden (even if they have a high N7 rating).

Multiple Infiltrators and Engineers is best. Infiltrators are definitely the best class for killing Geth, with a Black Widow, you can take down a Geth Prime in about 6 well placed shots (if Salarian with Energy Drain).

• Advertisement

Infiltrators are definitely the best class for killing Geth, with a Black Widow, you can take down a Geth Prime in about 6 well placed shots (if Salarian with Energy Drain).
    That is provided the infiltrators are focusing on the prime rather than racking up onehit headshot on rocket troopers/hunters/pyros/soldiers. Which in my experiance they do all the time when it's a pair of randomers. Sal infiltrators are the buisness though!

Have ye tried geth infiltrator yet? i've not gotten one so far, just the engineer. Huntermode is a bit... blinding.

Advertisement