Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Me a bit actually, but i do actually have valid reasons for it :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Was playig it last night and some dude must've had the headset on his 2 year old daughter, it was hilarious for the first 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Meesared wrote: »
    Me a bit actually, but i do actually have valid reasons for it :/

Fair enough, I understand that people may have bad english, or speech impediments. But most people on here, especially if you find a good community won't be bothered with it as such.
    And once you can get over your initial "fear" or hesitation, gaming with friends and others whilst communicating is a much more enjoyable experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

I'm happy enough to play with friends who know and are cool with it, but i don't normally talk in the public chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

FutureGuy wrote: »
    When I see a vanguard on Silver/Gold, I kick. Kick hard.

Gold, sure, but a competant Vanguard can be very effective in Silver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Jilm

The Resurgence DLC is available for download :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Zillah wrote: »
    Gold, sure, but a competant Vanguard can be very effective in Silver.

i hate playing alongside a vanguard on gold... most of them are just terribad!
    That said, i did come across one who played defensively, using biotic charge when his shield dropped and nova to stun, while he legged back into cover to fire his weapon. He did pretty well in score too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭Patser

Ohhh! Bugger! Still fairly new to Multiplayer and was having great fun with my Vanguard - no wonder when I stepped up to Silver I kept getting kicked.

To be fair I made the same mistake you're all giving out about - biotic charge + nova a bunch of enemies then realise they're all still standing and laughing at me. But I did learn quickly to hang back with my team, fire a good few shots into the enemies and only go for a biotic when they're isolated, very weakened or to get the hell away from something big that's chasing me. Nothing gets you away from a brute better then biotic charging a husk half a map away:P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Just played an excellent game of Silver on Firebase Hydra. Really enjoyable map, and one i definitely see myself playing more of.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Just downloading the DLC now.

I think a model whereby games have lots of free DLC only available to people who have authentic non-pirated versions of the game could be the way forward. Rather than punishing everyone for the piracy it incentivises honesty.

Read an interesting article in Scientific American recently talking about "friction" in modern society. Things like needing a credit card to buy "From Ashes" are friction that prevent the likes of me buying it. There was hardly any friction at all to me getting this DLC. That it's free isn't really relevant to me.

If you could just text them or buy it using your smart phone (which I don't have) it'd be 5 quid, as opposed to 5 quid + hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

What is the DLC, just downloaded it too.

Patser wrote: »
    Ohhh! Bugger! Still fairly new to Multiplayer and was having great fun with my Vanguard - no wonder when I stepped up to Silver I kept getting kicked.

To be fair I made the same mistake you're all giving out about - biotic charge + nova a bunch of enemies then realise they're all still standing and laughing at me. But I did learn quickly to hang back with my team, fire a good few shots into the enemies and only go for a biotic when they're isolated, very weakened or to get the hell away from something big that's chasing me. Nothing gets you away from a brute better then biotic charging a husk half a map away:P

Bah. Cowards. If it can't kill you with an instant animation then you should be hitting it with your face. Half-nova so you don't lose all your shields, +200% recharge and you just charge/nova/charge/nova all the live long day. Granted most people just die horribly trying this, and you need a good connection for it to work properly, as even a small delay on the charge will get you killed, but it's glorious when it works. Perfectly doable on silver, and I've been told that really really good Vanguard can do it on Gold.

If you're getting kicked as a Vanguard it might be because they see you kitting out wrong. If you have anything that will drag your recharge below +150% it is dumb. I just use a phalanx pistol, and rarely fire it at that. If you want to fire from cover, pick a different class.

EDIT: Batarian Soldier is hilarious. I just killed a Brute by letting it hit me.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

After waiting over a week for the update and scouring my local gaming outlets for Mass Effect 2 to no avail I just started playing the game fresh.

Farewell my old Shephard, we had some good times. Sniff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Absolutely killing Geth Gold with my brother, fellow boarsie Burning Eclipse and any fourth player that has an idea of what we need to do. It's a bit boring at times as you are almost never in danger, but 75000 gold for 30 minutes ain't bad at all!

Indeed. Myself and Jim had a great session last night. We 3 man'd gold all the way to level 10 (but failed)... Stupid 4th man just gave up and leeched off us.

I'd also like to step in here and say not all vanguards are bad, just Human ones ;)

For farming credits, I use my Salarian Engineer, but for fun, I use my Asari Vanguard all day long. Stasis bubble is the best power in all of multiplayer (imo). I don't use lift grenades unless it's for the lulz and I only charge if my shields go down. I'm spec'd to do as much damage as possible from headshots, and my Stasis bubble + Carnifex make that happen. :D

I should say, if I had an Asari Adept, that would obviously be first choice... Stasis, Warp and Throw... What a brilliant combination.

Actually, question for you all, if you could spec any class pick 3 powers what would they be?

Actually, question for you all, if you could spec any class pick 3 powers what would they be?

Marksman
    Energy Drain
    Tech Armour

Add a Revenant X and you'd be a nigh indestructable, infinitely accurate space monster.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Gbear wrote: »
    Marksman
    Energy Drain
    Tech Armour

Add a Revenant X and you'd be a nigh indestructable, infinitely accurate space monster.

I am level 18 and a Quarian Infiltrator.

I assume my powers will never chnage until I pick another class?

Gbear wrote: »
    Marksman
    Energy Drain
    Tech Armour

Nice, I'm also a big fan of Energy Drain... Saved my ass so many times on Gold.
    noodler wrote: »
    I am level 18 and a Quarian Infiltrator.

I assume my powers will never chnage until I pick another class?

Nope, you'll have to change class to get different powers...

Nope, you'll have to change class to get different powers...

Second question, my shotgun is too weak. At what stage (in my current class) will I ever get a new one (only have one atm) or a mod to increase damage?

noodler wrote: »
    Second question, my shotgun is too weak. At what stage (in my current class) will I ever get a new one (only have one atm) or a mod to increase damage?

You'll have to hope to get them from the packs you can buy in the store. If you want really good guns, you'll need to save hard (or play on gold) for the spectre packs which cost 60,000 credits.

Going to play a ton of games later if anyone is on. Want to get myself a Geth character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

You'll have to hope to get them from the packs you can buy in the store. If you want really good guns, you'll need to save hard (or play on gold) for the spectre packs which cost 60,000 credits.

Yeah i'm going to have to stop buying the crap ass packs and hold off and pick up spectre packs instead, got the avenger X and katana IX but no other weapons about 30 odd cobra launchers and 50 odd ammo kits. Really want that geth shotgun, everyone seems to have it and does well with it.

Yeah i'm going to have to stop buying the crap ass packs and hold off and pick up spectre packs instead, got the avenger X and katana IX but no other weapons about 30 odd cobra launchers and 50 odd ammo kits. Really want that geth shotgun, everyone seems to have it and does well with it.

Indeed I have the Geth Plasma Shotgun II myself, it's pretty beastly. I don't use it with anyone other than my Salarian Engineer though.

Think the next class I get to 20 will be the Turian Soldier. I've got an M-98 Widow and the Striker Assault Rifle – a Krogan rifle with explosive rounds ;) Sorted for most situations!

I'd also like to step in here and say not all vanguards are bad, just Human ones ;)

The exact opposite of this is true.

I've been waiting for the Geth Pulse rifle for flippin ages now. Really annoying to constantly get pistols in my packs, when i almost never use them.

Zillah wrote: »
    The exact opposite of this is true.

:D

I was being a little facetious there, but I'll not hear a bad word against Asari Vanguards... Any class with Stasis is a winner ;)

Kiith wrote: »
    I've been waiting for the Geth Pulse rifle for flippin ages now. Really annoying to constantly get pistols in my packs, when i almost never use them.

I find them really boring. I've got a GPR 2 and it does very little damage indeed. You really need cryo or fire rounds.

Pity there's no explosive rounds like in ME.
    I was doing a quick run through with my first ever Femshep (paragade) so I can import her to ME2 and eventually ME3.

One thing I don't like about the series is that there's not much nuance with Renegade or Paragon. Renegade might be shooting some fella in the face you're going to have to kill anyway - not really all that bad - but also, you're a "renegade" if you act like a total asshole to everyone and kill innocents.
    There's "renegade" and there's "evil".

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Anyone looking for a bitta multiplayer - feel free to befriend me - Shiminay is my Origin nick. I like the new DLC, I really like the multiplayer over all for this.

In terms of the single player, I'm close to the end and am just moshing my way through
    London
    now.

:D

I was being a little facetious there, but I'll not hear a bad word against Asari Vanguards... Any class with Stasis is a winner ;)

I'm not saying they're no fun, but without nova the other vanguards simply lack the killing power. The Drell has paper shields and dies at the drop of a hat, and the Asari only has stasis going for her, in which case you should go for the Asari Adept and remain useful.

There are always comedy builds and gimic setups of course, Asari Adept sniper is one of my favourites for silver.

Does race matter?

All I have is Quarian and human!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Team Burning Eclipse Destraudo Futureguy* is now accepting applications for the positions of Junior Salarian Engineer and Assistant Quarian Infiltrator. These positions are required for the Synthetic Midas Agricultural project.

Applicants must possess excellent spacial awareness, strong communication skills (personal mic a necessity) and a keen ability to use their powers while in a high pressure environment.

Candidates must have at least 3 weeks of Silver level Geth experience. Melee skills are an advantage.

An excellent renumeration package is on offer to the successful applicants. An initial salary of 60,000 gold per round is offered, increasing to 75,000 gold per round based on performance.

All applications can be sent via e-mail to Krang, Krogan Battlemaster and head of Human Resources.

*Team Burning Eclipse Destraudo Futureguy is a Forbes 500 company and an equal opportunity employer (except humans, turians, geth, batarian, asari, drell and krogan).

Advertisement