Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Just another extra xp weekend then.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Euripides_

Varik wrote: »
    Just another extra xp weekend then.

no packs??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

jay_k wrote: »
    no packs??

Seems to alternate between XP weekends and pack weekends.

Plus, free MP DLC out Tuesday/ Wednesday depending on your system, video in the link http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-06-mass-effect-3-resurgence-dlc-lands-next-week

Comes with 5 new races (2 Batarian, 1 Geth, 1 Asari and 1 Krogan), 2 new maps and a bunch of new weapons to grab from item boxes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That's a pretty damn impressive free dlc. Fair play Bioware/EA. Can't wait to play as a Geth.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,517 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Almost finished Insanity and only missing one trophy after that, the 5000 kills one. Found this vid on youtube. I'm short about 1500 kills and even though I hate grinding, this looks like the quickest way. I would play MP to build up kills but I have another few games I want to start. Anyway, here is the vid if anyone else is looking for the trophy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Almost finished Insanity and only missing one trophy after that, the 5000 kills one. Found this vid on youtube. I'm short about 1500 kills and even though I hate grinding, this looks like the quickest way. I would play MP to build up kills but I have another few games I want to start. Anyway, here is the vid if anyone else is looking for the trophy.

No reasonable human would consider spending their time like this.

Jaysus ya imagine spending an hour and a half killing cannibals with a pistol, soul crushing. Looks okay to pick up the last few kills needed for the platinum tho

Just finished Insanity mode, can't believe how easy it was with the infiltrator. Even playing through a 2nd time, the game is still amazing. I don't think i've ever cleared a game and then got straight into another playthrough.

The new MP DLC sounds good, would be class to play as a geth but i'd say it will be hard to unlock him without paying for him.

Just got platinum trophy! Time to put this away for a while. Brilliant brilliant game, kinda sad its all over.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

saw me3 in gamestop for 29 euro for pc,was tempted to get it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Just got platinum trophy! Time to put this away for a while. Brilliant brilliant game, kinda sad its all over.

Already? Impressive. I can't imagine how you would beat some of the moments in the campaign on Insanity. Especially when Banshees start to make an appearance.

Already? Impressive. I can't imagine how you would beat some of the moments in the campaign on Insanity. Especially when Banshees start to make an appearance.

Walk in the park with infiltrator and black widow x. Banshee's were the only tough opponent but as long as you keep your distance, they are grand. Insanity was way harder in ME2. Infiltrator definitely way to go if you upgrade him right, you'll be one shotting most enemies, using garrus to overload their shields first if they have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Im thinking about starting my FemShep runthrough on insanity soon. I'm not sure if it will be possible with an Adept though. Banshees and Brutes just seem like they will be too tough to handle. There is a spot on Tuchanka where you have to fight 4 brutes at once.

You dont have to fight those brutes. You can run past them to acrivate the bell sound. Easier to do with cloak though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

^ Did the same myself playing as a soldier class , just ignore the brutes and concentrate on getting to both objectives. once you hit the second one it will go straight into a cut scene :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Anyone else not get their victory/commendation packs from the Raptor weekend?

I got the Victory pack, but not the Commendation pack, even though i definitely promoted two characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Kiith wrote: »
    I got the Victory pack, but not the Commendation pack, even though i definitely promoted two characters.

did you do either of the promotions on the Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

There was a bug where playing the singleplayer after multiplayer meant you could get mutiple commendation packs so EA stopped handing them out and are spending a peculiar amount of time working on a fix. So they claim we'll get our packs eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Kiith wrote: »
    That's a pretty damn impressive free dlc. Fair play Bioware/EA. Can't wait to play as a Geth.

Almost makes up for the From Ashes debacle!

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Absolutely loving the vanguard at the moment in mutliplayer, i was wary of the nova as it depleted the shields but once i copped on biotic charge recharges the shield, i've been zipping around the battlefield hitting nova and hittting them in the air with the katana VIII.

I hate playing with some Vanguards, especially in Silver and especially in Gold. Constantly getting killed after a Biotic Charge, and then assuming other people can go into a group of Banshee's to res them. When played well, they are awesome...but i've seen more idiotic Vanguards then most classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Don't start saw 2 banhees and a brute, meant to equip the cobra launcher and somehow managed to to biotic charge slap bang into the middle of them instead. You really need to plan your exit stratedgy beforehand. The only i miss with the vanguard is grenades, they're waay too effective. I'm about 70-30 with silver at the moment, the one time i tried gold it didn't go so well. Hard to get a good team on the PS3 you rarely come across a mic user.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Has much been said about further DLC for the game? I know there's the alternate ending DLC in progress at the min, but aside from that.

I've just finished the game, and while the mutiplayer is good it's just getting a bit repetitive now and wondering if I should trade it in now while the price is ok

maximoose wrote: »
    Has much been said about further DLC for the game? I know there's the alternate ending DLC in progress at the min, but aside from that.

There's a multiplayer dlc being released today (tomorrow on ps3). Some new guns, classes and maps. And it's free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

maximoose wrote: »

I've just finished the game, and while the mutiplayer is good it's just getting a bit repetitive now and wondering if I should trade it in now while the price is ok
    Theres some new Multiplayer DLC coming today (apparantly) bringing with it some new races (Batarian and Geth) as playable in MP and adding a new class for Krogan and Asari. And also two new maps, so it might be worth holding onto yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

installed a patch just now, it was really small, 50mb or something and its definetly not the new maps and new races/classes.

We probably wont get that til later today or possibly even late tonight.
    Also, the premium spectre packs are gone :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

When I see a vanguard on Silver/Gold, I kick. Kick hard.

Absolutely killing Geth Gold with my brother, fellow boarsie Burning Eclipse and any fourth player that has an idea of what we need to do. It's a bit boring at times as you are almost never in danger, but 75000 gold for 30 minutes ain't bad at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Hard to get a good team on the PS3 you rarely come across a mic user.

Is anyone else too self-conscious to use a mic?:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I wouldn't think so, and no reason to be either.

Advertisement