Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

sheehy83 wrote: »
    [...]
    According to the mag, BioWare's third and final sci-fi instalment kicks off with Shepard on Earth, facing trial for the events that occurred during the recently released Arrival DLC for Mass Effect 2.[...].

Ha, I fecking knew it. Arrival's complete lack of mission choice & the heavy handed way it forced you into making the decisions you made, really telegraphed the fact it'd feature as a plot point in Mass Effect 3. So at a guess - Earth is attacked by Reapers and has to rally the other species together. But of course thanks to the events of Arrival that'll prove difficult. Meh, guess we'll see how it plays out...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I finally played through Overlord and Shadow Broker over the last two days, both brilliant. I'll play Arrival next weekend, even though I know it's not up to the same standard; I just loves me some ME!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

OK finished the arrival meh it was alright. what really bugged me was
    alright thanks for freeing me, reapers are coming, here's how we're going to destroy them ok lolz!! no we're not. If you're siding with them why give away the big plan to destroy them

Love mass effect but having played the sh1t out of DA:O and DA:2 the past 3 weeks, you know what ME3 needs, proper non mission specific chat between the characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Love mass effect but having played the sh1t out of DA:O and DA:2 the past 3 weeks, you know what ME3 needs, proper non mission specific chat between the characters.

Yeah, it'd be nice to be able to turn around and talk to your party members in ME3. Particularly Liara...me like.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Have they any plans to release a goty version of me2?with all the dlc included ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭AllYourBass

Following the reviews of Arrival, I wasn't going to touch it from the other end of a mass relay, but I've come this far...And that ME3 tidbit has whet my appetite something fierce!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Planning on picking up Mass Effect 2 on the PS3, i have both consoles but very very rarely start up the 360, is it worthwhile to get Mass Effect 1 on it to get the full experience and how long is it?thxs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya, its not a great dlc but they catch you by ME3 starting from what happened in Arrival so you have to buy it SHNAAAAAKES!

I doubt PS3 will have a GOTY edition anyway seeing as you get most of the DLC with it.

tonydude wrote: »
    Planning on picking up Mass Effect 2 on the PS3, i have both consoles but very very rarely start up the 360, is it worthwhile to get Mass Effect 1 on it to get the full experience and how long is it?thxs :D

Its worth it, i was in the same boat as you, had a 360 i rarely used. Got ME2 for the PS3 and within an hour of fiinishing it i was in smyths buying ME1 for the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

tonydude wrote: »
    Just decided to start my third playthrough of the series there yesterday. I hated the first game at first. Didint grab me.But now I rank it in my top 10 games ever. I love it, and consider it better than the second one but I'm sure there are plenty who'll disagree with me.

You can get the two games fairly cheap on the PC if you have a mid range PC,you shouldn't have any problem running them. But you can also get them as cheap on the Xbox 360 too if not cheaper.

Definitely worth it. You're probably looking at 25-30 hours (possibly more) for the first one, depending on which side missions you do.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm waiting to find out which party members are going to be in the 3rd game before i do my next playthrough. It will decide how i treat them, and who i'll bang :pac:

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm waiting to find out which party members are going to be in the 3rd game before i do my next playthrough. It will decide how i treat them, and who i'll bang :pac:

Heh i've 3 saves, each one setting up before i do the business with jack, tali or Miranda. you can get to a stage fairly late where you can juggle the 3 before giving a firm decision.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Heh i've 3 saves, each one setting up before i do the business with jack, tali or Miranda. you can get to a stage fairly late where you can juggle the 3 before giving a firm decision.

You need another two saves in that case. You're forgetting Liara and Ashley from the 1st game. Then do you cheat on them, or stay faithful. Ohh the decisions you'll have to face! Reapers? Pft, who cares about that when you've got booty to consider :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I can't wait for this, but I kinda wish they hadn't done the suicide mission at the end of ME2. It almost inevitably means that none of those characters can be significant players in ME3 and we are going to have to recruit a whole new squad. Which is annoying because they shouldn't be introducing new characters in the third act.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

New Mass Effect 3 details from X360A.org
    • New Cerberus' troops include mechas, assault units and ninja-style shock troops.
    • Reapers come in different sizes, ranging from the smaller 500-600 metre ships to the 2km long Herald. That's big.
    • New skills for Shepard: apparently he or she will be able to roll, jump and find cover a bit like Max Payne.
    • There will be SWAT moves enabling Shepard to turn and strike the enemy with a greater variety of melee attacks. It specifically mentions "a new class: Heavy Melee" who will take advantage of these capabilities of combat.
    • More new skills: The Engineer class can build turrets.
    • Customisable Weapons, guns, sights and so on. Each category will have five variants.
    • There will be more items to "loot."
    • Space Battles are a possibility, but they're unconfirmed.
    • Environments will be larger in scale with people going about their business, ships fighting in the distance and architecture rendered in greater detail. New lighting techniques have been implemented improving the atmosphere and the number of dynamic elements.
    • New locations to visit will include New York, London, a moon of either a Quarian or Krogan world, a Salarian world and Mars, among others. Each environment took about 6 months to create, apparently.
    • You can inflict dynamic damage upon enemies. The Cerberus mechas, for example, will require hitting a weak point on their glass cockpit to disable them. You'll also be able to cut off the arms, break the head or break various pieces of armour on other enemies.
    • Combat is supposedly more dynamic, forcing more frequent movement. The game speed is apparently up by 10-15%.
    • Exploration won't include driving vehicles like the Mako or Hammerhead. This doesn't necessarily rule out vehicles completely, but there's no plans or details on vehicles at the moment. There is also a new scanning system, which presumably means that mineral mining could be back again. Yipee!

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

Does anyone else think the Mass Effect games are dull?

I found Final Fantasy, Fallout, Diablo etc to be much more fun.

I even prefer the flawed, rushed to market KOTORs over this series

I really don't understand the good reviews they have been gettiing!

Loco wrote: »

GTFO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Are you gone loco???;)

Wrong place to ask that question!

Ha, literally just finished my third playthrough of Mass Effect 1 there about 2 hours ago.

That's a big fat NO from me then.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 oneshotfinch

The opening few hours of Mass Effect 1 are fairly dull, but it really picks up once you get into it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

CKWPORT wrote: »
    New Mass Effect 3 details from X360A.org

Sounds very cool.

Sounds very cool.
    I'm liking the return of what appears to be significant RPG elements that were completely missing from the second game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,813 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Mineral mining? Again? God dammit! I hated that part of ME2, ruined the game for me. Bring back the ME1 way of doing things!

Sounds like the perfect mix of rpg from ME1 and action from ME2 can't wait!!!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Sounds like the perfect mix of rpg from ME1 and action from ME2 can't wait!!!
    Have you just played through ME2 on PS3? or did you play through the first on on Xbox360/PC?

Have you just played through ME2 on PS3? or did you play through the first on on Xbox360/PC?

Played ME1 on the PC, flew through it tho at 10 hours, I preferred ME2 but the gameplay enhancements but missed customizing the weapons

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I'm liking the return of what appears to be significant RPG elements that were completely missing from the second game.
    I don't really see one RPG elements from the first game returning now from that list. More loot and customisation of weapons is all I can see (and I assume weapons customisation will be along the lines of COD etc)

Jim wrote: »
    I don't really see one RPG elements from the first game returning now from that list. More loot and customisation of weapons is all I can see (and I assume weapons customisation will be along the lines of COD etc)
    Not specifically in that list, no. Eurogamer had a story recently saying that there will be a lot more RPG elements, character customization and larger skill trees to the third game.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-04-08-mass-effect-3-details-no-multiplayer

The weapon customization mentioned in the list (along with the eurogamer article) is a good sign that it's gonna be a nice mixture of the character/weapon customization and RPG elements that made the fist one so great with the action of the second one.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hmmm I found me1 to be amazing when I played it for the first time. It was class, sci-fi game in a world of elves and dwarfs!!!

Loved it!

Can't say I found me2 so appealing as first one, thought I played non stop to see the ending... Somehow it lost it's charm the first one had... Liked story more too.

I know I will pick up third One from day One...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Interesting details beginning to creep out; clearly Earth figures heavility judging by the locales mentioned. I guess we must brace ourselves for some arbitrary views of Space Westminister! And Space Times Square!

In any case, it needs more Tali.

Advertisement