Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

no no no, i'm being very careful, double bagging it if you will. i've only seen those links from proper sites like cvg. Havn't touched gamefaqs in ages as I know that will be riddle with spoilers and i'm sure no one is gonna spoil it here so should be grand....should be :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

That new fetain character you get with a certain purchase sounds awful, go to YouTube and listen to his voice, some funny piss takes on it though

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭PenguinForce

I was wondering if I will get these pre-order bonus item when I pre-order from Gamestop. Such as the:

N7 Valkyrie Rifle
    N7 Defender Armor
    M55 Argus Assault Rifle

I am asking since I didn't see any advertisement in the shop or maybe I just missed it.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

One thing i hate about this forum is what it does to me close to game time, example before i started reading this thread i was kind of taking the whole launch with a "meh" attitude but not anymore :(.

Now its countdown to game launch and not even that but i have decided i need to run ME 1-2 in the space of 4-5 days so i can play the whole way through the game series. All it took was someone comparing the ending fight of ME1 to 2 (i love 1) and i was hooked again :(.

Damned "drugpushers" i hope your happy :).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Just got an email from gamestop tell me that my order was changed to the SE WTF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

happy days? did you only pay for the standard edition?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i think SE is Standard Edition
    CE is Collectors

so.. unhappy days

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

happy days? did you only pay for the standard edition?
    Nope had the CE paied for. Getting my money back and a free copy of mass effect 3. fell odd free copy but I had the CE per ordered from game since october and they cancel it. Then I ordered with gamestop and they cancel it. I can say that gamestop gave me a better deal then game

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

gotten off EA.

http://www.ea.com/uk/1/mass-effect-3-update-1
    Mass Effect 3 will be available at a wide variety of retailers across the UK and Ireland.
    Our first priority is to keep you informed about the pre-orders you may have made with GAME and to help ensure you receive your copy of the game on launch day.

The Mass Effect 3 N7 Collector’s Edition will now be available at the following retailers:
    Amazon.co.uk [Sold Out]
    Play.com [Sold Out]
    ShopTo.net [Sold Out]
    Zavvi.com [Sold Out]
    Blockbuster.co.uk [PlayStation 3 Only]
    Gamestop.co.uk
    Sainsbury's

For customers who have pre-ordered the N7 Collector’s Edition please re-order your copies through these retailers.
    Republic Of Ireland Customers: You can still purchase the N7 Collector’s Edition from GameStop.ie

Customers who pre-ordered the Mass Effect 3 Standard Edition, and are expecting the N7 Warfare Gear in-game weapons pack, please re-order your copy through the following retailers:
    Zavvi.com
    Play.com
    Thehut.com
    ShopTo.net
    Amazon.co.uk
    Blockbuster.co.uk
    Sainsbury's

Republic Of Ireland Customers: The N7 Warfare Gear in-game pack remains only available at Xtra-vision when you pre-order the standard edition.
    Your local retailer is doing everything possible to make this process as smooth as possible to ensure you get your copy on launch day. If you have placed a deposit for a pre-order or are uncertain that your existing pre-order will be guaranteed, please contact your local retailer.

Also from amazon
    Please note, this incentive replaces the M55 Argus DLC. All customers who pre-ordered Mass Effect 3 and were due to receive the M55 Argus will receive the N7 Warfare Gear instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ghouldaddy

I hate that the Americans get this before us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Jaysus they gave you a free copy because they canceled your CE? Sickner you're not getting the CE but class you're getting it free. Game were only offerring a fiver voucher. This game is causing mayhem!

Clickonline.ie will be releasing the review tomorrow at 5pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Why are reviews held on this game, gaming sites have had this game for awhile. It's never a good sign if the developer doesn't allow pre-release reviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

KilOit wrote: »
    Why are reviews held on this game, gaming sites have had this game for awhile. It's never a good sign if the developer doesn't allow pre-release reviews.

Seems fairly normal these days.

Though it's out tomorrow in the US so there should be some soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

KilOit wrote: »
    For such a story heavy game it makes sense, especially since its the finale of the trilogy.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

Can't link the story because im in work but IGN have their review up for anyone who wants to check it out.

Rating:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Think I will play mass effect 2 first then :rolleyes: I buy it today, if I play enough, I'l have it done by Saturday. I have played it before, so shouldn't be too hard.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Some pretty damn good scores in those reviews. Not going to read any of them, but looks like it's going to be a good conclusion to the trilogy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

sheehy83 wrote: »

Cant access that in work, and I'm not sure I want to... but "undisputed triumph" sounds good to me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Has anyone else bought this through Origin or digitally? I decided to preload it last night and once that was done, the game started (sadly, I didn't have time to play it). But I thought it was only playable in Europe from Friday?

humanji wrote: »
    Has anyone else bought this through Origin or digitally? I decided to preload it last night and once that was done, the game started (sadly, I didn't have time to play it). But I thought it was only playable in Europe from Friday?

It should only be available on Friday. Are you on a US account, or using a US proxy by any chance? If i can play it now on Origin...i'm buying it now.

Actually, this is the second odd thing like this that happened yesterday. I could also use Spotify, which shouldn't be available in Ireland. I'm not using a proxy or anything like that. It's just a standard UPC line. I'll have to check BBC iplayer and some other region specific things to see if they work too. It's really, really odd.

I have bought it on origin, but its not able to be unlocked until the eu release date, which is midnight thursday.
    Just checked it again to be sure :D and yeah, thursday midnight

Right, something very odd is happening to my home. I think the US has taken control. I suppose it explains why Obama won't get out of the bathroom.

I'd love to be able to play it today, jammy get! :D

Well you just know that as soon as I get home, everything will ahve returned to normal and it won't work anymore! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Seems there are issues with importing Shepards from Mass Effect 2. The face either isn't being imported or they look nothing like they should. It seems to be affecting Shepards that were carried over from 1 to 2 without being changed.

http://kotaku.com/5890793/oh-dear-mass-effect-3s-character-import-isnt-working-properly

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Seems there are issues with importing Shepards from Mass Effect 2. The face either isn't being imported or they look nothing like they should. It seems to be affecting Shepards that were carried over from 1 to 2 without being changed.

http://kotaku.com/5890793/oh-dear-mass-effect-3s-character-import-isnt-working-properly
    Rock, Paper, Shotgun linked to this. It's a save game edito for ME2 that might be able to sort it out. Haven't tried it myself, so can't say if it works or not.

• Advertisement

Rock, Paper, Shotgun linked to this. It's a save game edito for ME2 that might be able to sort it out. Haven't tried it myself, so can't say if it works or not.

I've used the editor, though not to edit Sheppards face. You can replace entire character models though, so it should work fine. Gave myself 100k of each mineral on my last playthrough...cause **** you planet scanning.

Advertisement