Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Jobless, student, receive no money from parents. There are your reasons, really could put 30 euro to better use than paying MS for a few months of Live that I never wanted or never used.

By that logic you could put 20euro to better use than buying ME2. :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

and why gizmo supports huge corporations in their unending quest to trample all over the rights of consumers everywhere

Who are we talking about here? Sony or MS?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    By that logic you could put 20euro to better use than buying ME2. :pac: :pac:

Well buying ME2 I'm getting a game, with the other option I'm putting 30 euro into a black hole :L

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Well buying ME2 I'm getting a game, with the other option I'm putting 30 euro into a black hole :L

Well...you'd be paying what you owe..... but meh, it's none of my concern. :)

Rather than starting a new thread, was wondering, which ME and ME2 DLC would people here recommend? I'm looking for ones that flesh out story and characters to a decent extent more than actual gameplay tbh.

I've heard Arrival is set just before where ME3 will pick up, so that's on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Arrival is kinda crap but I had to get. Lair of the shadow broker is brilliant. That should be the first one you get.

• Advertisement

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Arrival is kinda crap but I had to get. Lair of the shadow broker is brilliant. That should be the first one you get.

Cheers for that. :)

Any of the original ME stuff worth getting? Gonna be starting the playthroughs as soon as I'm done with MGS: HD and am looking to invest in my first DLC ever. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Cheers for that. :)

Any of the original ME stuff worth getting? Gonna be starting the playthroughs as soon as I'm done with MGS: HD and am looking to invest in my first DLC ever. :)

MGS HD? Is that a new remake or some kind of update? Anything like MGS Twin Snakes for the Cube? That was a quality remake, graphics better than MGS 2 which must have been out before or around the same time.

Shryke wrote: »
    MGS HD? Is that a new remake or some kind of update? Anything like MGS Twin Snakes for the Cube? That was a quality remake, graphics better than MGS 2 which must have been out before or around the same time.

They up-resed MGS2 and 3, and the PSP Peace Walker game.

I'll direct you to this thread rather than drag this one OT. :)

CVG have a 50 min vid of the demo. Not gonna watch tho, I don't even want to play the demo but I know I will!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/335562/50-minutes-of-mass-effect-3-demo-footage/

CVG have a 50 min vid of the demo. Not gonna watch tho, I don't even want to play the demo but I know I will!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/335562/50-minutes-of-mass-effect-3-demo-footage/

Temptation............. tempt---ation!!!!! :(:(

NO!!!! I will not watch... only need to wait another 30 days. Must stay strong!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Temptation............. tempt---ation!!!!! :(:(

NO!!!! I will not watch... only need to wait another 30 days. Must stay strong!
    I watched it, there's very little to spoil you. I mean unless you have avoided all promotional material - in which case reading this thread would be avoided too haha - the only cutscene / dialogue of worth you see is the start of the game & that just expands on what we already know from trailers and whatnot anyway; that earth comes under attack by Reapers. Other than that it's just the intro 'mission' and one action set-piece, with a little "to be continued" element

We do see some of the returning characters who'll feature:
    Ashley's back from #1 (assuming you let her live), along with Liara, Garrus, Mordin & Wrex. Although the latter two seem to only be cameos. No idea how many of the previous roster will come back
    . The new jarhead character also features and is as dumb & one-dimensional as he seemed to be. No question - the worst characters by far in this series have been human .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Got a code from the facebook page. Really impressed. From what I can tell from the demo, you have the option to play the game like and action game, RPG or focus on the story more. The differences are subtle.

Combat feels really good and the graphics are definitely improved. Music was surprisingly dramatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

roll on tuesday!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Start of the game seems a little silly to me
    after all the prep work in the previous 2 games and the attack on the citadel by Sovereign, the humans seem so unorganized and really surprised this is happening and why is there no communication till the reapers are at the moon? it just seems all the research went down the toilet and Earth gets royally ****ed from the beginning, i knew Earth gets hammered from the trailers and all but didn't think it happened at the start. Shepard picked an ideal time to sit back and suck on pina coladas :rolleyes:

How do you get a code off the fb page? Through thst xbox game on the side?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

How do you get a code off the fb page? Through thst xbox game on the side?

Its an App on Facebook...

It's a guess the sequence type game...at this stage now, I can wait till Tuesday.

Ah ya, thats just for xbox codes. i hear early access (code with bf3) gets it tuesday and everyone else gets it friday, hope this isn't the case

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

If the Beta is just the start of the single player campaign then I'm not sure I'd want to play it. Why spoil it before the game comes out?

Also, still now sign of the N7 Collector's Edition on amazon.co.uk. Very disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Got it through the facebook app early too, just finished it. There's two missions, the first while visually striking is very disappointing and had me very worried for the game, the second turns it around.
    You start out and it's like they've hit the reset button? Remember that awesome crew of hardened elite warriors and soldiers you had gathered by the end of 2 and that state of the art hi-tech spaceship you led them around in? Gone. Instead you're a civilian Shepherd waiting for the politicians to talk down to you. The game them plays out the Reaper invasion of earth, which while it looks great kind of jars with eveything from the first two games? The humans are totally unprepared and literally as Earth is being invaded they still don't believe Shepherd.

Mission 2 is much more promising and seems to be set later in the game. There's a couple of 'that's awesome!' moments.
    The best of which is the fact that you're trying to help Wrex rescue the only fertile Krogan female in the galaxy, and that Cerberus are trying to stop you by killing you. Killing you to death. The Normandy crew seem to be there and hopefully it will be everyone you amassed from the second game, but deffo in are Garus, Wrex, Liara and Morden.

The gameplay feels even more action and shooter orientated than the second and there's a distinct whiff of Gears of War to it, but going by the second mission, there's still a lot of hope that this won't be another Dragon Age 2.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is there multiplayer part to the demo? If not, then i don't think i'm going to play it. Not much point in playing some missions from the main game.

Without massively spoiling it, does anyone know how much Miranda is in ME3? Will it be like Wrex and Ash/Kaiden were in the 2nd (i.e. small cameo) or is she in as a party member? Playing through the first 2 games again, and trying to decide who to bang this time around. Basically, whoever is in the third game more, to give some more...dialogue.

Yeah, dialogue :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

The facebook app is a load of balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Kiith wrote: »
    Without massively spoiling it, does anyone know how much Miranda is in ME3?

I think I saw her briefly in the Femshep trailer....just a quick shot of her smashing something with her fist I thought I glimpsed.
    I doubt she is going go have a major part unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭whatsamsn

The facebook app is a load of balls.

I tried it twice. Couldnt figure out what the sequence was :rolleyes: Now there is no more codes left. Stupid bloody thing. Maybe I am blind but I couldnt see any hints to what sequence was required! bah!

The sequence was random. I understand the demo is out tomorrow anyways.

Liamario wrote: »
    The sequence was random. I understand the demo is out tomorrow anyways.

Anyone know what time it's due out tomorrow or is it more likely to be early or late?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I reckon US times, could be anywere from 2pm to 9pm tomorrow.
    Total guess but i'd say around 6pm

I reckon US times, could be anywere from 2pm to 9pm tomorrow.
    Total guess but i'd say around 6pm

Out now,downloading it through marketplace on the xbox,looking forward to this a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 45,041 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

is it just single player stuff? If it is i'm gonna give it a miss - don't want to spoil ANYTHING in the main game.

is it just single player stuff? If it is i'm gonna give it a miss - don't want to spoil ANYTHING in the main game.

It is single player only until the 17th; then the multiplayer is available.

• Advertisement

From what of read there is no real spoilers for the game and there is multiplayer aspect to the demo too available today if you have an online pass from bf3,if not it's available friday i think

Advertisement