Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Why are you trying to kill your team. :\:\

I've never done this so why not not bother upgrading the hull of the Normandy or the weapons and you might die as soon as you get hit by the first collector attack when you go through.

I'm only missing the Platinum trophy and just looking to get the Insanity trophy so want to go through the game as fast as I can. I already have a file where I did absolutely everything there is to do in the game so just speed running through this while being a renegade diick to everyone I meet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Crap, totally forgot to mention what wnolan1992 pointed out.

Don't upgrade the Normandy, if you want to get the bad ending where Shep dies.

Ah ya, not touching the normandy, doing the bare minimum to push the story on and die as soon as I can that will give me the bad ending.

Looking for short easy N7 missions, I started Arrival by accident. Defending the doctor on insanity is worse than the whole level of Horizon, gonna load up my file just before taking the mission! Sorry to be off topic with the ME 2 talk, heres a vid showing the first footage of Mars in ME 3

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/332985/mass-effect-3-first-mars-footage/?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS

On phone so too hard to copy the link but new me3 vid on gametrailers showing off new guy james vega, some class footage of the game

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

sheehy83 wrote: »
    On phone so too hard to copy the link but new me3 vid on gametrailers showing off new guy james vega, some class footage of the game
    Good footage of the game, but god - is it in their contract Bioware have their sole human-male companion be an unbearably dull, cookie-cutter character?

Ya, I think they were trying to make him that represents Earth, typical Marine Merican while keeping Shep neutral.

Worst thing tho is in that vid when they are sparring, Shep's eyes go weird and aren't pointing where they should be at some points, looks a bit strange.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Linky winkle...

Looks really good to me. Though in fairness, this Vega guy just seems to be another Jacob/Kaidan... so if both of those characters survived the previous two games there's gonna be some serious testosterone about...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Sorry, double post, but the Kinect Walkthrough video is also worth a watch.

Now, I'll admit to hating gimmicks in gaming (the Wii, PS Move, Kinect [basically motion control I suppose]) but I think this is the first time I've seen it implemented in a way that could actually add to the experience. Granted, instead of saying "Liara! Move!" it'd be far easier to just press left on the D-pad, and saying the little snippets of Dialog only to have them repeated by Shepard straight after you is a bit naff, but being able to quickly change between weapons and ammo without having to go through a menu is definitely a cool feature. Not a feature worth buying a Kinect for, but definitely a sign that the Kinect can be used well if developers are willing to put in some effort.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

For anyone planning on playing through the first 2 games on the pc, there is a high res character texture mod that improves the looks of the characters massively. Just say it this morning, and plan on giving it a go later tonight.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/128/index/5314761/1

It's tough on the machine, and increases loading times by a fair amount though...so i'll see how it goes.

• Advertisement

ME 3 to break record for most expensive DLC HAHA

They will be selling figurines and each one will come with a random piece of DLC (powerful weapon, armor, etc.) $271 for all of them. Would be cool to have a shep or garrus but the dlc really sounds tacked onto these as they are random so not pushed about it at all.

http://kotaku.com/5878284/mass-effect-will-set-a-record-for-most-expensive-dlc

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,869 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

pixelburp wrote: »
    Good footage of the game, but god - is it in their contract Bioware have their sole human-male companion be an unbearably dull, cookie-cutter character?

Thank god for lesbianism!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

ME 3 to break record for most expensive DLC HAHA

They will be selling figurines and each one will come with a random piece of DLC (powerful weapon, armor, etc.) $271 for all of them. Would be cool to have a shep or garrus but the dlc really sounds tacked onto these as they are random so not pushed about it at all.

http://kotaku.com/5878284/mass-effect-will-set-a-record-for-most-expensive-dlc

in the words of Yoda "suck my asshole can they"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

There's too many bloody good games out there at the moment.
    Since BF3 came out I've yet to finish Skyrim, Batman, Ace Combat 7 and Halo.
    On top of that I've to replay ME1/2 and get ready for 3 and have all my saves sorted out.

Badass
    1. Save Ashley...Kaiden's a fúckin whingebag.
    2.Be the bad ass, kill the council, sleep with Ashley and in 2 keep the base for Cerbeus.

Good guy
    Save Ashley, sleep with Laura whatsherface, save council blah blah.
    In ME2 destroy base.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

I've got 3 playthrough's of ME1 and two of ME2, all with different decisions so haven't a clue which one I'll be picking. Hopefully there's a summary all of your main decisions at the start of the game or I'll be completely lost

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

wasnt there an option to
    keep the thing for yourself at the end of me2?

wasnt there an option to
    keep the thing for yourself at the end of me2?

Keep it for Cerberus only.

If you kept it for Cerberus, apparently in ME3, the Illusive man has been doing
    crazy experiements with collector technology and rewards you for saving it. I'm guessing a weapon or armor. If you destroyed, he will be very dissapoint with you!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

ahh dont spoil the new one for us all, some of us want it to remain a snecret until its released :)

Now spoilered, although half the statement was speculation :)

• Advertisement

Now spoilered, although half the statement was speculation :)

Hmmmm, I dunno about that, we will have to see I suppose, but
    aren't Cerberus indoctrinated now anyways, that's why you are fighting them from the start of ME3 whether you saved the collector based or not.

Think I'm gonna have to dip out of this thread now... to much temptation to highlight those spoilers... :\

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Think I'm gonna have to dip out of this thread now... to much temptation to highlight those spoilers... :\

Ah anything I posted is only stuff that's been said in the promo vids so far!

Spoilered just in case people are avoiding those!

13703403.jpg

New vid showing MP. Looks alright but I think i'll be too busy lashing into single player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Yeah tbh I am not remotely bothered with multiplayer for this game, just want the single player.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,502 ✭✭✭✭Varik

She gets her name in game credits without any work and now this.

scaled.php?server=163&filename=ed1687d224bd7bd49a8ef31.jpg&res=medium

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Who is she? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

pixelburp wrote: »
    Who is she? :confused:

Jessica Chobot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Does she actually play games? I have to wonder. What's the deal with the pic?

Advertisement