Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Shryke wrote: »
    Does she actually play games? I have to wonder. What's the deal with the pic?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessica_Chobot

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Does she actually play games? I have to wonder. What's the deal with the pic?
    To be fair she always looked like she was reading a prompt in attack of the show unlike Kevin who always seemed to be into it.
    Shes a bit of fluff for the teenage/foreveralone crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I used to follow her on twitter back in the day when I rarely used it, but anytime I looked she was always talking about games i.e. what games she was playing, which achievement she was trying to get etc. She is a actually (as far as i can tell) into gaming.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ahhhh, I see; its another one of those "she's attractive and female, there's no way she's a 'proper' gamer" situations then ;) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

Big deal, Violet Berlin was in micro machines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Viral Vector

sheehy83 wrote: »
    ME 3 to break record for most expensive DLC HAHA

They will be selling figurines and each one will come with a random piece of DLC (powerful weapon, armor, etc.) $271 for all of them. Would be cool to have a shep or garrus but the dlc really sounds tacked onto these as they are random so not pushed about it at all.

http://kotaku.com/5878284/mass-effect-will-set-a-record-for-most-expensive-dlc

Wow suprised Gears of War 3 didn't get that title with EPIC being such greedy bastards!

One thing that bothers me with this game:
    EDI gets a robotic body....come on ffs! Did anyone see the Prothean character too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

pixelburp wrote: »
    Ahhhh, I see; its another one of those "she's attractive and female, there's slim chance she's a 'proper' gamer" situations then ;) :rolleyes:

Fixed that for you. ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Bollix, I have to stop looking at spoilers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

So she is playing a news reporter, I don't punching her in the face is going to be an option...

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Viral Vector

Bollix, I have to stop looking at spoilers
    Avoid the Bioware Forum like a plague so....actually all forums, someone on the Gears of War Forum spoiled Modern Warfare 3 for me by posting a thread on him playing Gears 3!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,893 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Hmm apparently as an employee of a big box retailer I am granted early access to the game over Xbox Live - for free.

Shame that I dont have an xbox. Ah well.

Whats a big box retailer?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Whats a big box retailer?
    :D Ha, he means a big/large retailer of boxed games. I bet you were thinking that they sold big boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

Damn you all, I was really looking forward to this game and importing my saves until some shower of f**ks broke into our house and stole my xbox, and game saves along with it last week :mad::mad::mad:

Not sure about even picking it up at all now, if/when I replace the console :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

cython wrote: »
    Damn you all, I was really looking forward to this game and importing my saves until some shower of f**ks broke into our house and stole my xbox, and game saves along with it last week :mad::mad::mad:

Not sure about even picking it up at all now, if/when I replace the console :(

Ever seen the film Taken?

This is your cue....

Ah unlucky Cython, a plague on those knackers houses!!!!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Ever seen the film Taken?

This is your cue....

"If you give my xbox back now, that'll be the end of it.... but if you don't... I will come after you... I will find you.... and I will kill you... in COD. :pac:

Achievements/Trophies released. I spose spoilers but like the last game, the description is vague. Best thing tho is all the MP trophies are otional, for example:

Explorer: Complete three multiplayer matches or five N7 missions.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/mass-effect-3/achievements/

Jaysus, Insanity trophy is back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Not going to bother looking at the list, will just play through it first and then look to see what I missed.

Have everyone alive and all but jack loyal (damn you jack:() . everything done and ready for Mass Effect 3 , can't wait.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Read the first half of the list and decided to stop just in case. :)

Pre-ordered the N7 Edition today, starting my warm up playthroughs of ME1 and ME2 tonight with some pizza and chips. Happy days. :)

• Advertisement

Achievements up? I'm officially avoiding ME3 stuff online from now on. No more spoilers! I look forward to doing everything at least 3 times with my different saves. It's pretty cool that I'm going to be playing off my original character from when I first played years ago. There should be an achievement for that! :p

Achievements up? I'm officially avoiding ME3 stuff online from now on. No more spoilers! I look forward to doing everything at least 3 times with my different saves. It's pretty cool that I'm going to be playing off my original character from when I first played years ago. There should be an achievement for that! :p

It's crazy to think that the majority of ME fans will be playing as a character they created and moulded since all the way back in 2008...

It feels a hell of a lot longer than that. A lot has changed in life since then, mostly for the better.
    Even if it wasn't that long ago carrying a save through from one of my favorite game series to date is still really great.

It feels a hell of a lot longer than that. A lot has changed in life since then, mostly for the better.
    Even if it wasn't that long ago carrying a save through from one of my favorite game series to date is still really great.

Mass Effect was the first 360 game I ever played, got it free when I won a Pro Console on a local radio station, probably wouldn't have bought it otherwise I'm ashamed to say. :)

I hope this is the end of the Shepard saga for definite. They really don't need to flog this series. Reckon after this ends, there're so many more ways to go. Was thinking about it during the week, they could easily get another few games of the same standard:

- The First Contact War: Would love to see a game based on this, from either side would be good.
    - The Rachni Wars
    - The origin of the Geth: You could play as a quarian on the quarian homeworld and then take part in the exodus on the flotilla.

Roll on March!

Mass Effect 3 Infiltrator announced....

Its an iOS expansion/companion app for Mass Effect 3. Playing this will increase your Galactic Readiness.

Full details here amigos:LINK

Stay tuned for the FACEBOOK Mass Effect game that also increases Galactic Readiness, I bet ya its coming. I feel it.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Mass Effect 3 Infiltrator announced....

Its an iOS expansion/companion app for Mass Effect 3. Playing this will increase your Galactic Readiness.

Full details here amigos:LINK

Stay tuned for the FACEBOOK Mass Effect game that also increases Galactic Readiness, I bet ya its coming. I feel it.

This is a load of horsesh1t. So you get an advantage in the single player game if you spend extra money and time on something that's not included in the single player game? For f*ck sake. The games industry is going to sh1te.

*Disclaimer: If/When I graduate from college, should I be lucky enough to get a job in the industry, I too will rip off consumers to the fullest extent. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Trying to make some sales before there's any reviews? I won't be buying it. I was stung with the Mass Effect 2 DLC which was average at best, won't make the same mistake.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I was stung with the Mass Effect 2 DLC which was average at best, won't make the same mistake.

Liar of the Shadow Broker was ok, but The Arrival was terrible, definitely not worth the cash.

And all these DLC weapon packs and costume back should be done away with too. Load of rubbish.

Mass Effect 1's DLC was hit and miss, Bring Down The Sky or whatever it was called was great, but the Pinnacle Station thing was a complete joke.

ME3 DLC will probably be just weapons, costumes and co-op maps anyways, so I won't be getting any of that crap.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The Mass Effect DLC is just too much combat, which is by far the series weakest part, and not enough story or RPG elements. Lair of the Shadow Broker for all it's high production values was just a turkey shoot and a load of text at the end as pay off. They should look at what Bethesda are doing with DLC.

Advertisement