Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I can't remember which thread it was in but have read it a few times that people were cancelling the pre-order after playing the demo. Lot of spoilers though so only glancing at the threads.

Did read another interesting theory that Shep is only imagining

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

It'll be like all my Junior Cert essays.

"......................THEN I WOKE UP! :eek:"

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

sheehy83 wrote: »

I actually thought that myself after playing the demo, the way
    the kid says "You can't save me" then disapearing as soon as Shepard turns away

Ya would be very interesting to see Shep have a breakdown realising he can't save everyone and kills a lot of people in the process (Batarians gonna be pissed!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

There is a lot of unhappiness on those forums alrite with how ME3 is shaping up. Sadly I'd be in agreement with the "haters & trolls" as they are being labelled.

I really hope the game turns out good, kinda hard to see it happening but one can hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Sarky wrote: »
    shepherd seems to suffer from crippling indecision over whether pushing A means "stop hiding behind a wall" or "DO A BARREL ROLL", leading to a few stupid deaths.

I agree so much with this, I need my sprint so much in a fight to re position myself so why oh why do they use the A button to start a spint? Why not click the right stick for this like every other fricking game out there. It means you can still sprint and controll your direction with precision. - stupid oversight on biowares behalf.

The cover mechanic seems to be dreadfull, you still have to take cover behind a wall to hop over it (terrible design) and when sprinting the same A button makes you stick to cover??? wtf. So not only did they postion the A button in such a way that you cannot controll your avatar in a sprint with any degree of precision they also double up that button making sure while you try to run to cover you manage to snap to every object along the way?

I'd expect that from a small no name dev with little or no experience but BIOWARE should have more cop on. Is there anyway or button config that this can be changed in the options? (xbox)

I know it sounds like I am hating the game based on the demo but I just expected bioware to fix past bugs and improve on the game overall with a sequel but it looks like all they have done is a serise of minor changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Im not sure if I was in the majority or the minority in thinking Mass Effect two was nowhere near as good as the original. They way they have stripped Mass effect of its RPG'ness just annoys me.

It feels like another gears of war just with conversation choices :(

Somewhere deep down I was hoping ME3 would of returned to its roots. When I heard about this 3 choice RPG/Action/conversation thing I feared the worst.

Ya I don't know if the majority prefer ME 1 or ME 2. Personally I preferred ME2 but that was becuase i rushed ME1 on a sh*t PC with low graphics just in time to get ME 2 for PS3. Someone should make a poll once ME3 has been out a while to clear it up once and for all.

And yes Hightower, I definitely read the devs made it so you can vault objects without having to take cover first but noticed I couldn't do it in the demo. Is there a move how to do this?

Sprinting at an obstacle should have shep vault it with another button being used for cover.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Give me the combat in 2, with the story and rpg aspects of 1.

As for 3, i'll probably love it regardless of if it's more or less combat oriented.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

I tried everything possible and the only way to make him vault is to double tap A as he runs twords it but he still enters cover, double tapping only glitches him into half cover then vault.

About it loosing its way, to me it seems like bioware mde ME1 a great RPG. Not their deepest ever but still very much an rpg and why not... its what they are good at and are known for. They then get bought by EA and have a meeting where they show their proven sales records for RPGs and sales records / reviews for ME1 the rpg to which some bean counter in EA replies... "Good, but shooters is where the money is at these days... make it a shooter" <facepalm> at this point bioware grab ankles and take it like a champ.

Kids accross the globe rejoyce as yet ANOTHER shooter is released and RPG fans loose another good game to the mass - no pun intended - market. I still laugh at the choice screen where it asks "do you want to experience an action game , a story game or an RPG" lmao, Im sorry but the slight differences in choice here does not drasticly change the game in any way.... its still a shooter these days.

So thanks EA execs for chasing the money relentlessly and damaging a good games core in that persuit and thanks bioware for folding so easily.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Give me the combat in 2, with the story and rpg aspects of 1.

This.

So I would say I prefer ME1 over ME2. But I think something in between would be perfect, but they seem to go the wrong direction with it (for me anyways).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I wouldn't go that far. There's plenty wrong with Mass Effect 1 and Mass Effect 2 definitely went a long way to fixing most of the problems with Mass 1. However I felt they went a little too far and took out a lot of the complexity in the system. I just hope they can add it back in in Mass 3 but I think I might be a bit too optimistic.

Bollix sake, there's a new ME 3 app on facebook to unlock in game items when you and your friends complete the demo but it's only for XBOX and PC users.

Speaking of unlocks, anyone get any in game items for clearing the demo yet? I forgot about the kingdom of amular cross over thing. I don't want to complete the demo tho.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

joe123 wrote: »
    Im not sure if I was in the majority or the minority in thinking Mass Effect two was nowhere near as good as the original. They way they have stripped Mass effect of its RPG'ness just annoys me.

It feels like another gears of war just with conversation choices :(

Somewhere deep down I was hoping ME3 would of returned to its roots. When I heard about this 3 choice RPG/Action/conversation thing I feared the worst.
    You're not alone; I have great dislike for ME2 vs. ME1 (inc. combat, infinite respawning enemy, one size fits all ammo, planet exploring, story etc.). I've stated as much earlier in the thread as well; ME3 will probably be the worst of the 3 (or so I expect) so I'm not buying it until it's in the bargain bin in a GOTY edition (I can youtube the story if I get to desperate).

Hipster Shepard haha

425126_10150660991550027_599865026_11458747_26991955_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

he looks too much like gordon freeman there

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

he looks too much like gordon freeman there

In looks only, don't think they have a choice on the dialogue wheel for "remain silent" (paragon) or "remain silent and hit with crowbar" (renegade) .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Pretty underwhelmed by the single player demo if truth be told.

IGN Preview of the mulitplayer, actually sounds alright and the reviewer himself said
    the prospect of Mass Effect multiplayer sounded like an apocalypse worse than any Reaper invasion to me.

http://ie.xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1218717p1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Well i have to say from the demo , the actual gameplay is a continuation of mass effect 2 , well i have to say that the demo did a good job of intriguing me further with the storyline development. Im dying to find out what happened between the end of 2 and start of 3

• Advertisement

How Epic is this!!!!

EA will be attaching copies of ME3 to weather baloons and launching them into space a week before the official launch. They will have a GPS tracker which fans can track through masseffect.com and if you find one when it lands, you get a free copy a week early. That is crazy marketing haha

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2012/02/mass-effect-3-becomes-true-space-oddity-/1#.Tz1ni1xOjxb
    Publisher Electronic Arts will be launching copies of the game into space using weather balloons that will be released in New York, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Berlin, London and Paris.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

How Epic is this!!!!

EA will be attaching copies of ME3 to weather baloons and launching them into space a week before the official launch. They will have a GPS tracker which fans can track through masseffect.com and if you find one when it lands, you get a free copy a week early. That is crazy marketing haha

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2012/02/mass-effect-3-becomes-true-space-oddity-/1#.Tz1ni1xOjxb
    no Ireland i see :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

How Epic is this!!!!

Is there not a good chance of them just plonking down into the ocean?

IGN Preview of the mulitplayer, actually sounds alright and the reviewer himself said

http://ie.xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1218717p1.html

I never trust IGN previews or reviews....They say every big release is class regardless.

I've played the multiplayer a bit now, trying to like it, buts its just a poor man's Gears of War 2 horde mode. Its not a patch on GOW3 Horde 2.0.

Blatant, there is a hella good chance of them landing in the ocean but I'll have my dinghy ready if the winds carry the London one off course a bit :)

Freeze ya, IGN really are the last people I listen to about games. I really can't see myself playing it tho when I will be trying to cover every inch of SP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Blatant, there is a hella good chance of them landing in the ocean but I'll have my dinghy ready if the winds carry the London one off course a bit :)

Freeze ya, IGN really are the last people I listen to about games. I really can't see myself playing it tho when I will be trying to cover every inch of SP.
    I could see how they might like something like that! - "Fan risks life to get hold of Mass Effect 3"

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

If i got one unless it's for PC i would throw it on ebay and make a killing ;).. if they do land in the ocean i bet their would be some fool willing to go swimming for it lol..

Preordered this on Gamesnash, sh*t just got real!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,218 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Very underwhelmed by the Demo also (PS3)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

just played the multiplayer tonight and it was 3 games in before I realised I had to hold down spacebar as well as W in order to sprint :rolleyes:

Advertisement