Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Violent Riots in England - Sky News now

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Latest: Car containing Prince Charles and Camilla, attacked by a big group.

:eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Nevermind_

apparently the protestors just attacked a car carrying prince charles and his horse (camilla)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

I wonder why the British don't use plastic baton rounds on their own when they riot?.
    Ive seen a scar from one of those. Holy ****.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

DB10 wrote: »
    Think you're a bit out touch with reality if you think Hannah Montana generation are on the streets today...:confused:

Hannah montana is only fairly recent programme....:confused::confused:

Anyway fair play, least they have the backbone to do something. Not like us spineless lot in this country, like yourself.

Cut out the personal stuff from here on out please folks. Fair warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Yep, same tune as usual.
    I can form an opinion from the TV coverage..

By holding a magic crystal up to it? Dowsing?
    Unkept looking rioters just looking for trouble with an obvious hard core of hire ins...

How do you spot the "hire ins"? As above? Vibrations? Tarot cards?

• Advertisement

Vinta81 wrote: »
    Although, seemingly the ones causing the riots were yobs with balaclavas and other scarves hiding their face and one guy had a large iron rod lobbing it at the police, it makes me so sad to see those things :( those twats probably weren't even students.

Least the English yobs know what they're doing.

What are our yobs doing these days, just drinking the dole each week. No organisation from our yobs to get riots on the streets.

In all fairness we have far more reason for riots in this country than in England. Too many spineless FF and FG lovers, looking out only for number 1 and their bank account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Vinta81 wrote: »
    It's sad that a minority of people ruin these protests. I feel so **** for my mates back home, facing 9K in tutition :(

Although, seemingly the ones causing the riots were yobs with balaclavas and other scarves hiding their face and one guy had a large iron rod lobbing it at the police, it makes me so sad to see those things :( those twats probably weren't even students.

The usual vinta, the usual scenario.

Stand back now and watch the apologists for this stuff coming in and trying to make you dance on the head of a pin.

Don't be dragged into that stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭darrcow

prehaps its time we took hold of some english passion and took to the streets. to protest against the recent budget aimed at the poorest in this country. but we wont cause we have little back bone and will only shout and swear at the tv. i think its time to do somthing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Any streams available for sky news or bbc news?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

It's all over, move along now, nothing to see here.

• Advertisement

darrcow wrote: »
    prehaps its time we took hold of some english passion and took to the streets. to protest against the recent budget aimed at the poorest in this country. but we wont cause we have little back bone and will only shout and swear at the tv. i think its time to do somthing

it is but the Celtic Tiger has taken the fight out of this country....any other country would be on the streets right now, and tuesday...

Not us though.

They're destroying the supreme court now, all masked. Several of them armed with spades caving in the windows..

I'm getting jealous....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Jesus...what a bunch of thugish idiots!

mars bar wrote: »
    Jesus...what a bunch of thugish idiots!
    the budget was over tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

DB10 wrote: »
    Latest: Car containing Prince Charles and Camilla, attacked by a big group.

:eek::eek::eek:
    Nevermind_ wrote: »
    apparently the protestors just attacked a car carrying prince charles and his horse (camilla)

They 'kicked' the car containing them which sped off immediately. Sky News Propagandist ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Nevermind_

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    They 'kicked' the car containing them which sped off immediately. Sky News Propagandist ****.

Actually they didnt kick the car at all, they just gave camilla a fright and she reared her hind legs damaging the car... they may have to put her down :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Mardy Bum wrote: »

or cnn...kicked the car, threw paint at Prince Charles' window and smashed a window..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Wish they would come over here to ireland and show us how its done. Although doubt riots will do anything. We need a war.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Holybejaysus

dfx- wrote: »
    or cnn...kicked the car, threw paint at Prince Charles' window and smashed a window..

If true, the protesters are lucky that a close protection officer didn't fire his weapon. A masked individual breaking the car windows and throwing something in could easily have been mistaken for a genuine terrorist threat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭sagat2

Any coward who shows up to a peaceful protest in a hood and mask should be shot as a suspected terrorist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Holybejaysus

ilovesleep wrote: »
    Wish they would come over here to ireland and show us how its done. Although doubt riots will do anything. We need a war.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah. Remember Landsdowne Road 1995? Your big heroes in action.

sagat2 wrote: »
    Any coward who shows up to a peaceful protest in a hood and mask should be shot as a suspected terrorist.
    easy talking behind a computer screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Nevermind_ wrote: »

A car carrying a horse? Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭bonerjams03

Would people get some cop on? So do you think mindlessly destroying
    London City Centre, at taxpayers expense, and attacking innocent police who will be suffering pay cuts like others will really help or be worthwhile?

If people started doing that in Dublin I would think they were idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭bonerjams03

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    A car carrying a horse? Link?

*sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭darrcow

ilovesleep wrote: »
    agree with this totally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

darrcow wrote: »
    No point saying that to boards.ie. They hate students here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

If true, the protesters are lucky that a close protection officer didn't fire his weapon. A masked individual breaking the car windows and throwing something in could easily have been mistaken for a genuine terrorist threat.

Well the photograph of the car outside the Palladium is convincing..

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭BickNarry

The rioters are 100% right here.

They were promised no increases in education fees,they got them trebled.

If they went out and had a bit of a shout an a moan,that would have been it. Game over. No reaction,just sympathy.

The government listen to economics,not morals. If you hit them economically they''ll realise that its not in their interests to do this. Requesting debate etc. won't change their minds.I doubt they enjoy gettin hit with a batton in the freezing cold but they there is no other way. Peaceful protest won't work in this instance.Even if they fail,people will know they didn't just roll over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

IRcolm wrote: »
    *sigh*

Oh sorry, I thought it was actually about a car carrying a horse. Your incredibly clever method of emoting the word sigh with asterisks in bold really put me in my stupid place.

Thank you.

Advertisement