Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Violent Riots in England - Sky News now

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭darrcow

Wagon wrote: »
    No point saying that to boards.ie. They hate students here.
    they maybe students but atleast they have stood up for what they believe in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

And what is that?

Don't pay for anything, let the taxpayer fund you?

I believe in that too:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭bonerjams03

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    Oh sorry, I thought it was actually about a car carrying a horse. Your incredibly clever method of emoting the word sigh with asterisks in bold really put me in my stupid place.

Thank you.

Any time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

darrcow wrote: »
    No i agree with you completely! They were spot on. £6000 - 9000 a year is ****in mental.

Sadly, most of the Irish public over the age of 30 aren't nice or understanding for students and see them as wasting their tax. Its pure bollocks. Try a reasonable argument and they'll just come out with "education is a privilege, not a right", which is also an argument that is now horseshít.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

A car carrying a horse? Link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

And what is that?

Don't pay for anything, let the taxpayer fund you?

I believe in that too:rolleyes:

Were have your formed this don't pay for anything attitude?...Students pay 1500 euro's of a reg fee now going up to 2000 euro, Student's have to pay vast amounts for Accommodation. Students have to take up part time jobs to help pay for such huge fee's and are doing their best to minimize cost to their ' Taxpaying' parents who begrudgingly hand out the remanded or so you suspect. Students get Jobs through their degrees and then they pay back society through taxes, consumer spending etc....your argument is simplistically naive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Holybejaysus

BickNarry wrote: »
    The rioters are 100% right here.

They were promised no increases in education fees,they got them trebled.

If they went out and had a bit of a shout an a moan,that would have been it. Game over. No reaction,just sympathy.

The government listen to economics,not morals. If you hit them economically they''ll realise that its not in their interests to do this. Requesting debate etc. won't change their minds.I doubt they enjoy gettin hit with a batton in the freezing cold but they there is no other way. Peaceful protest won't work in this instance.Even if they fail,people will know they didn't just roll over.

Most of the rioters are anarchists, and aren't students at all. The vast majority of the students are there to protest peacefully, as is their right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

IRcolm wrote: »
    Would people get some cop on? So do you think mindlessly destroying
    London City Centre, at taxpayers expense, and attacking innocent police who will be suffering pay cuts like others will really help or be worthwhile?

If people started doing that in Dublin I would think they were idiots.

And look at what our very own government has done at the taxpayers expense.

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    They 'kicked' the car containing them which sped off immediately. Sky News Propagandist ****.

It's showing the car on Sky News now, the rear of the car is covered in paint, and the left rear window is smashed. Camilla looked fairly shocked tbh.
    I think the kid gloves might be taken off now, those anarchists are going to be cracked down on. Hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

You really would think Prince Charles could afford a newer car. Those dole spongers are taking all the money!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Poxy royal family.

Shame more damage was not done. They of course will never be affected by a budget.

You really would think Prince Charles could afford a newer car. Those dole spongers are taking all the money!

It's a nice looking car, to give him credit. Very Bertie Wooster. :)

The anarchists are attacking shoppers on Oxford St now, according to Sky News. That's just pure thuggery, plain and simple.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Lol so much for their peacefull protest :rolleyes:

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

The anarchists are attacking shoppers on Oxford St now, according to Sky News. That's just pure thuggery, plain and simple.

fair game imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

bunch of thugs really !

some there just to cause trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Just tuned in. Wow all those students packed on the bridge seems kind of dangerous. Id hate to be in the middle of that crowd.
    I keep getting this vision of the cops just running away and then blowing up the bridge, problem solved :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Just watched it on the news - lumps of concrete - had to laugh. Wish someone would throw lumps of concrete at our two brians.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Bloody hell, that was more hardcore than anything we Irish have done protest-wise. The Tory/LibDem government won't forget it for a while.

Shows how lazy and deferential us Irish...ah forget it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭bonerjams03

ilovesleep wrote: »
    And look at what our very own government has done at the taxpayers expense.

Yeah, but I'm not going to start bonfires all over Dublin benches.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

And none of them, apart from the 'hire-ins' ever paid a penny tax.

Tsk....tsk.....tsk
    so what's this, values and opinions cost money now?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

And tomorrow the gob****es will be on sky news claiming police brutality!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭BickNarry

Most of the rioters are anarchists, and aren't students at all. The vast majority of the students are there to protest peacefully, as is there right.

Yeah I thought that alright-anarchist blocks target multi-national companies not local business.They targeted Topshop this time.Just because you don't agree with their politics doesn't discredit what they're doing.They're not looking to enforce a mindless dictator,they're usually hopeless utopians. Not an anarchist,but can certainly see their viewpoint. Direct action has its merits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Sky News update: "a number of people have behaved very badly"

Understatement! their mammys and daddys will clatter them when they get home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

darrcow wrote: »

What the hell do they believe in?!?!?!? A right to go to university for free? give me a break. Someone has to pay! And its fairest that those who benefit from university pay. And I have yet to hear an interview with a protestor on the street who actually has the facts right and actually knows what they are talking about!!

I like the student anti-protest march at Cambridge, calling on the students occupying parts of the university to go home, and commenting that they actually dont know what they are talking about!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SemiMental

Absolutely crazy scenes over in London. There are some good videos of the protest up on the sky news website - students tearing down barriers and of a police man getting trampled by his own horse.
    I am not surprised the students started rioting, £9,000 a year is some serious money to be paying in tuition fees. I would not like to be coming out of college with £21,000 in debt, that is some burden to have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Look at those scumbags busting the horses with sticks and rocks. Sickening to be honest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Look at those scumbags busting the horses with sticks and rocks. Sickening to be honest.

welcome to clondalkin :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

A car carrying a horse? Link?

:)

Advertisement