Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IMRA season 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

Fi H wrote: »
    For the record the pink ladies version is on sale up in 53 degrees north in carrickmines. Didnt check to see if any of the mens version is too but might be worth checking.

I wouldn't worry what colour they were on the shelf, they all end up a similar shade of bog after a few runs. And I have skinny little feet so the ladies are probably what I need!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

so true :D have scrubbed my pair to get some of the mud off but i think they are officially brown now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Dunebuggy

We have the drops sorted for the Ultra :

Crone wood - Mary o O'Colmain will be present again this year (11k mark approx from Johnny foxes 40k on way back)

The turning Point (Trail start 25km)

Curtlestown - Geraldine O'Shea will be volunteering there on the way back (8km to go)

I will be at the registration on the morning and will colect any food/Drinks you need brought to the water/Food stations.

Enduro and I will be at the Turn around(Trail Start) point until the cutoff times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭seanie500

Hi Does anyone have the trail 25K run measured from their garmin? would be good to see where the hills are and have an idea where the tough bits are?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,504 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

seanie500 wrote: »
    Hi Does anyone have the trail 25K run measured from their garmin? would be good to see where the hills are and have an idea where the tough bits are?!!
    Here's mine from last year: Garmin Connect

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭seanie500

Cheers Krusty. looks easy looking at the graphs!:D

seanie500 wrote: »
    Cheers Krusty. looks easy looking at the graphs!:D
    If you zoom out on the elevation chart, it's flat as a pancake! Just don't look at my HR graph. That paints a different picture!

So, who's doing which event this weekend? It's my first IMRA run of the year, though I have spent a fair bit of time in the hills. Can't wait.

Wicklow Way Ultra
    Krusty_Clown

Wicklow Way Trail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Really looking forward to it.

Wicklow Way Ultra
    Krusty_Clown

Wicklow Way Trail
    Nerraw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

which one of the 3 events if you are a student by the by..
    Colleges Champs Camaderry http://www.imra.ie/events/view/id/869/

Seems like a model for the cycle run cycle combo again especially with there being zero public transport to get you there. DIY will have to wait (again:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Wicklow Way Ultra
    Krusty_Clown

Wicklow Way Trail
    Nerraw
    ThisRegard

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Nem_e

Wicklow Way Ultra
    Krusty_Clown

Wicklow Way Trail
    Nerraw
    ThisRegard
    (Super) Trooper

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭iamjenko

Wicklow Way Ultra
    Krusty_Clown

Wicklow Way Trail
    Nerraw
    ThisRegard
    iamjenko

Legs are still quite stiff from Sunday's run in Glendalough!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Antigrav

Wicklow Way Ultra
    Krusty_Clown

Wicklow Way Trail
    Nerraw
    ThisRegard
    iamjenko
    AntiGrav (sixth time ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

Peterx wrote: »
    which one of the 3 events if you are a student by the by..
    Colleges Champs Camaderry http://www.imra.ie/events/view/id/869/

Seems like a model for the cycle run cycle combo again especially with there being zero public transport to get you there. DIY will have to wait (again:)

Bring your fake student ID! Was going to do it but heard official race is students only.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Nem_e

Hopefull i'll stay on the list this time :D "iamjenko"

Wicklow Way Ultra
    Krusty_Clown

Wicklow Way Trail
    Nerraw
    ThisRegard
    (Super) Trooper
    iamjenko
    AntiGrav (sixth time ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Mac Cormaic

Should be a good adventure. Hope the good weather holds out for us.

Wicklow Way Ultra
    Krusty_Clown
    Mac Cormaic

Wicklow Way Trail
    Nerraw
    ThisRegard
    (Super) Trooper
    iamjenko
    AntiGrav (sixth time ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭ocnoc

Should be a good adventure. Hope the good weather holds out for us.

I apologies to everyone, but I am hoping for as close to apoloptic weather as possible. I want Camaderry to be a wet slippery swamp and mud fest.
    I want it to be so dangerous, Gerry thinks about cancelling it.

Proper fecking mountain race. Or if anyone has access to a JCB and wants to do some series damage to the track up camaderry, I'd be greatful.

Dig it up then drop a load of boulders on it or something :P oh oh oh and fast growing heather :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,942 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I'll head up there on my quad bike. And then tell the crank from 3rock that there were mountain bikers using it so boulders start appearing.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

T runner wrote: »
    Bring your fake student ID! Was going to do it but heard official race is students only.

I'll bring a fake student ID if that will help but the valid one should be sufficent;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

Peterx wrote: »
    I'll bring a fake student ID if that will help but the valid one should be sufficent;)

Sorry about that, should have remembered that you were a student!

Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭earlyevening

Wicklow Way Ultra
    Krusty_Clown
    Mac Cormaic

Wicklow Way Trail
    Nerraw
    ThisRegard
    (Super) Trooper
    iamjenko
    AntiGrav (sixth time ;))
    earlyevening:)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭theduke1

Wicklow Way Ultra
    Krusty_Clown
    Mac Cormaic

Wicklow Way Trail
    Nerraw
    ThisRegard
    (Super) Trooper
    iamjenko
    AntiGrav (sixth time ;))
    earlyevening:)
    theduke1:eek:

Quick question lads, read this over on the IMRA forum " you will just need to know where to go right at the top of the road near the end of the race - this is where the course leaves the WW and goes to Johnie Foxes."

How hard/easy is it to miss this turn ? I haven't been up there in a long time but on the off chance there's no one ahead to follow is it easy enough to spot ? How far is it into the race so I maybe can keep an eye on my Garmin.

It's about 700m from the end. You shouldn't be able to miss it, it's where you leave the trail/forest road and join the main road.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

Cheers Stark.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Antigrav

Stark wrote: »
    It's about 700m from the end. You shouldn't be able to miss it, it's where you leave the trail/forest road and join the main road.

Hmm. This answer is misleading. It is more like the following:

After descending down trail/forest road you emerge onto a public road at bridge over Glencullen River. You cross the river and go up the hill until you meet the main road. Here the WW goes left, the race goes right towards Johnny Fox's. Finish is more like 1.5k along this road. It seems to go on, and on . . .

It was 1.5km with the old finish but now it finishes by the GAA club which I think shaves about 700m off.

A picture paints a thousand words.

At point A (travelling from Red to Blue), when you feel really really tired, turn right.

152665.jpg

• Advertisement

And here it is on google Streetview. You'll be coming from the Cul De Sac that is behind you (in the Street View). So you will ignore the two Wicklow Way signs just to your left (of the google Street view).

Advertisement