Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Return to cold next week - Potentially Severe

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

snow ghost wrote: »
    :eek: THE END OF DAYS IS UPON US :eek:

Snow Ghost, is there much snow left on Croagh Patrick at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Snow Ghost, is there much snow left on Croagh Patrick at this stage?

Just little patches of it Nacho, not much at all.

The molten lava seems to have melted it. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭roryc1

That low to are sw on the 25th could be funh850t850eu.png
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

if there is -40 upper air and the northerly is potent, a lot of the country will end up seeing snow eventually, even areas that usually have a snowshield from a northerly. those charts if they were to stay as shown, are ripe for a polar low too. the great thing about a polar low is it could lead to a heavy fall of snow as far south as Bantry
    your just teasing us now nacho :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

snow ghost wrote: »
    Just little patches of it Nacho, not much at all.

The molten lava seems to have melted it. ;)

Jeepers! The folks house is underneath it in Murrisk. Down with that sort of thing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Not a good sign with next week's cold spell coming

The National Roads Authority (NRA) has directed local authorities to conserve salt stocks.
    The treatment of roads will be restricted to Motorways, National Primary and National Secondary roads. Regional and local roads will not be treated until further notice. http://www.irishweatheronline.com/2010/12/treatment-of-roads-reviewed-as-salt.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I actually want the snow/ice or whatever the **** it is, to **** right off now. Am fed up with it. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭roryc1

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    Not a good sign with next week's cold spell coming

The National Roads Authority (NRA) has directed local authorities to conserve salt stocks.
    The treatment of roads will be restricted to Motorways, National Primary and National Secondary roads. Regional and local roads will not be treated until further notice. http://www.irishweatheronline.com/2010/12/treatment-of-roads-reviewed-as-salt.html

Lets hope they get there act together, its turning into a joke at this stage, after last year you would think they would stock up just in case.
    If we get a cold spell during the xmas period I have a feeling no road will be treated, and some of us have to work

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

I actually want the snow/ice or whatever the **** it is, to **** right off now. Am fed up with it. :mad:
    GTFU, why cant you be like all the other adults here and like the snow? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

Really hope these charts become reality.Cant wait:D

• Advertisement

Pangea wrote: »
    GTFU, why cant you be like all the other adults here and like the snow? :P

Because i'm a wheelchair user and am ****ing sick to the teeth of the ****ing stuff. And I've spent a ****ing fortune on taxis over the past week and a half, and am not sure if I can claim any of it back!!! And I've lost half a week's annual leave that I could really do with into the bargain.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Ok , for someone who has no clue about the weather except for what I see outside my window, could someone give:

The best case scenario and the worst case scenario.

Its just my estate is extremely dangerous, in Clare so got hardly any snow but roads were bad, so should I stock up?

Should I get all the pressies and food shopping done this weekend?

I know this isnt exactly a science question but I have kids and dont want to be stuck for anything!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

maiden wrote: »
    Ok , for someone who has no clue about the weather except for what I see outside my window, could someone give:

The best case scenario and the worst case scenario.

Its just my estate is extremely dangerous, in Clare so got hardly any snow but roads were bad, so should I stock up?

Should I get all the pressies and food shopping done this weekend?

I know this isnt exactly a science question but I have kids and dont want to be stuck for anything!!!!!!

Temperature looks like being cold enough for a prolonged peroid but that doesnt necessarily mean snow. Lots of other factors needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

My own amateur view is that the really cold/snow comes from the east ? So we are in for another Siberian frontal assault ?

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

We hardly got snow the last time but the ice was the problem, how low do you think the temps will go, Im more worried about the frost and trying to drive.

Because i'm a wheelchair user and am ****ing sick to the teeth of the ****ing stuff. And I've spent a ****ing fortune on taxis over the past week and a half, and am not sure if I can claim any of it back!!! And I've lost half a week's annual leave that I could really do with into the bargain.:mad:
    Jees take a joke. :rolleyes:
    Complaining about the weather isnt going to change anything.

Jees take a joke. :rolleyes:
    Complaining about the weather isnt going to change anything.

Try getting around in the snow/ice in a wheelchair. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Of course the cold spell is an inconvenience to many but this is a place for discussion of the weather not the inability of our infrastructure to deal with it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

i feel your pain... school opened back up on Monday & the road & path still iced over a lot of snow. Met a mam & her baby in a buggy & her 9 year old in his little wheelchair. Oh God love her - the struggle.. So I told him to throw it into gear & id push.... Some ordeal I can tell you .

lucy2010 wrote: »
    i feel your pain... school opened back up on Monday & the road & path still iced over a lot of snow. Met a mam & her baby in a buggy & her 9 year old in his little wheelchair. Oh God love her - the struggle.. So I told him to throw it into gear & id push.... Some ordeal I can tell you .

Good on ya. Personally, I prefer to push myself around, unless its someone I know and can trust. When I came home from work today, I had a go at pushing myself in the remaining snow/ice on the footpath outside. I'd say I managed about 3 feet before I almost went a**e over head!!!

• Advertisement

I feel for you but coming on here typing profanities and complaining about the weather is not going to do you any good.
    Take a joke next time instead of throwing curse words at the keyboard!

I feel for you but coming on here typing profanities and complaining about the weather is not going to do you any good.
    Take a joke next time instead of throwing curse words at the keyboard!

I chose not to "take" your joke.

/rant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

I chose not to "take" your joke. /rant.

I guess the weather God is not your friend then?

gbee wrote: »
    I guess the weather God is not your friend then?

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

I love winter tbh.great to hear their maybe some more snow on the way!,love the snowy landscapes.:)

I chose not to "take" your joke.

/rant.
    You need lessons on how to detect sarcasim.
    Not my problem you dont have a sense for humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Right lads back on topic ECM models are out, and my god if they are right we have some serious cold and snow on the way, but im going to wait till Monday or Tuesday, as there prob will be a bit of a downgrade

ECM T+192:

ECM1-192.GIF?10-0

T+216:

ECM1-216.GIF?10-0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

Right lads back on topic ECM models are out, and my god if they are right we have some serious cold and snow on the way, but im going to wait till Mondayor Tuesday at there prob will be a bit of a downgrade

ECM T+192:

ECM1-192.GIF?10-0

T+216:

ECM1-216.GIF?10-0

Amazing we're in for some really COLD & harsh conditions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭chinchin

Right lads back on topic ECM models are out, and my god if they are right we have some serious cold and snow on the way, but im going to wait till Mondayor Tuesday at there prob will be a bit of a downgrade

ECM T+192:

ECM1-192.GIF?10-0

T+216:

ECM1-216.GIF?10-0

Can someone explain the significance of the colors on those charts, I get the isobars and the pressure readings, just can get my head around the colors, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Amazing we're in for some really COLD & harsh conditions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These prob will change, its just a guide

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement