Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget day discussion thread. Your budget chat goes here.(Rules and links first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

2 minutes left

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

He's still going and I think I've finally got it - he's trying to outdo Joseph Biggar back in the 1870s and 80s who talked for a couple of days in the British parliament as part of the Home Rule tactic of obstructionism! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

imagine how his wife/girlfriend feels after sex :D
    I'd love to find out! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

OisinT wrote: »
    Oh, I agree... but lets not say fair play on SF for staying... they were waiting their turn.

I agree if it was Labour I doubt SF would be there my point was it is rude for everyone to leave and wouldn't be acceptable in any other job/event. And if this is the case they should be paid by the clock. Really makes you wonder what work do they actully do if they leave on the day of one of the biggest budgets in history (PART II). It's really clear why we are in this mess, with 5 people left in the Dáil.

Time is up ....

<round of applause>

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

Dionysus wrote: »
    He's still going and I think I've finally got it - he's trying to outdo Joseph Biggar back in the 1870s and 80s who talked for a couple of days in the British parliament as part of the Home Rule tactic of obstructionism! :)

hardly if he's only under an hour to do his speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

He basically just said FF and FG are the same party and Labour are a bag full of pussies.

Amen. Well done, Pearse! So much truth coming from one small man.

Anybody know how long he lasted?

40 mins, just like everyone else.

He had his alloted 40 minutes plus one or two more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

irish-stew wrote: »
    <round of applause>

:)

Had I been there, I would have given him one too!

Well done him. Best speech all day!

Would love to get a copy of it. Might email him at some stage and ask for a copy!
    (get him to autograph it :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭Degag

About 42 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

He basically just said FF and FG are the same party and Labour are a bag full of pussies.

Spot on really .

Then we have the 'so called' independents...

irish-stew wrote: »
    He had his alloted 40 minutes plus one or two more.
    maybe 30 seconds extra, wouldn't say more than a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

which, in essence, is quite true. Labour are supposed to be left but they will jump into bed with Fine Gael, who are supposed to be on the other side of the political spectrum, just to get in power. And Fine Gael, as proven in the past, have more or less the same policies and the same ways of implementing them as Fianna Fail. They do have some differences, but the majority of that difference is in their party names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭cleremy jarkson

8 euro off the dole..lol

Should have been about 20 if we want to fix things in the long term. We'll be back again next year with another so-called "harshest budget in the history of the state" :rolleyes:

I'd love to find out! ;)

ya ya yano...i can talk for 40mins without water too....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Biggins wrote: »
    Had I been there, I would have given him one too!

Well done him. Best speech all day!

Would love to get a copy of it. Might email him at some stage and ask for a copy!
    (get him to autograph it :D )

Ah now, Biggins.
    He was good and all but..
    Probably contravenes the rules of the house aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Presumably this budget means very little, as any incoming government in January will put their own in place fairly quickly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

And Fine Gael, as proven in the past, have more or less the same policies and the same ways of implementing them as Fianna Fail. They do have some differences, but the majority of that difference is in their party names.

The majority of that difference is competence imo. There's nothing seriously wrong with a lot of Fianna Fail's policies... but as shown countless times, they are just simply too incompetent to do even the simplest of things.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

ascanbe wrote: »
    Ah now, Biggins.

LOL ...And we know how the rest love to stick to rules! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

ya ya yano...i can talk for 40mins without water too....:D
    Haha it wasn't that which I was referring to ;) Was hoping he'd be rather good at doing something else for 40 minutes without a drink of water!!1

*slaps hand* Naughty naughty!!

For educational reasons *ahem* I think I should watch all of that again on the RTE Player. Just to .... erm...... absorb fully all that he said..... with such gusto and passion.......*drools*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Brendan Ogle on Today FM. Trying to stand up for the ESB's exorbitant wages....

hehe. Some funny feckers on this thread.

Haha it wasn't that which I was referring to ;) Was hoping he'd be rather good at doing something else for 40 minutes without a drink of water!!1

*slaps hand* Naughty naughty!!

For educational reasons *ahem* I think I should watch all of that again on the RTE Player. Just to .... erm...... absorb fully all that he said..... with such gusto and passion.......*drools*

oh....well in that case....ill just return to the dark corner from which i eminated from :(

ascanbe wrote: »
    Ah now, Biggins.

He was warned a few times re his conduct and how he address individuals including may.

Cant quite remember what he said to her, but was quite blunt, he simply repaeted he self word for word only changing how he addressed her.

The house speaker seemed to allow him a bit of leeway based on his recent entry to the house following his election win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

8 euro off the dole..lol

Should have been about 20 if we want to fix things in the long term. We'll be back again next year with another so-called "harshest budget in the history of the state" :rolleyes:

Thank god ur not in charge!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Well said by Pearse, no waffle just straight talking logic. Considering the importance of this day to our little nation, the amount of empty seats in the house was a disgrace. Those bast@rds should be there until midnight if need be.

• Advertisement

Advertisement