Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Freeze bites back -6th December onwards (All discussion here please)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

vibe666 wrote: »
    the thaw i lent you months ago, now give it back or i'll thlap you thilly you thneaky boy! :pac::pac::pac:

Oh that thaw ! Yeth, that maketh thnthe. That one back in 1982. err, ith a bit ruthty now :o

snow ghost wrote: »
    As far as I can see everyone whether they like snow or not are welcome on this forum.

But then you get the imbeciles that criticise people for adverse weather as if it is their fault for being interested in it or enjoying it.

Of course it is legitimate for someone who doesn't like the snow to come here, but they shouldn't blame others or imply they don't care about others - that is ridiculous and beyond contempt.

There's only one 'person' to blame for it all - mother Nature.

Not wrote: »

Post of the day. Now can we all just git along ...? :D:D:D;)
    Damn its cold.:eek:

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

Not wrote: »
    I dunno. The last time we had harsh winters like these was back in the last time of recession and financial hardship and Fianna Fail were in charge back then too. So, I blame them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,315 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

big banks of cloud rolling in now over us (donegal town) temp seems to be warmer (pavements and road much clearer)

definitely coming in from the west now

temp upto 1 degree apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

LFCFan wrote: »
    I dunno. The last time we had harsh winters like these was back in the last time of recession and financial hardship and Fianna Fail were in charge back then too. So, I blame them!!

Wait a second? there is something else we can blame them for on top of everything else?! Fine by me :D

LFCFan wrote: »

Hopefully they'll just melt away when the thaw comes, and trickle quietly down the drain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭secman

Mother Nature !

WTF its not the Russians

When we were growing up the "Russians" were always blamed on messing with the weather !

My Da ! God rest him.

Secman

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

today must be surely the coldest DAYtime temperatures weve had is it? hasnt been above zero at all in Leixlip.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,519 ✭✭✭Speak Now

df1985 wrote: »
    today must be surely the coldest DAYtime temperatures weve had is it? hasnt been above zero at all in Leixlip.

I'm sure it's not the coldest ever however we've probably have had more ice days in the last 12 months though than the previous 20 years :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

my mum used always say that it feels colder when a thaw starts than when we have snow & ice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

piskins72 wrote: »
    my mum used always say that it feels colder when a thaw starts than when we have snow & ice!

That's the bodies immune system response. When it gets really cold the body injects anti freeze into the blood, when it's only moderately cold it does not, so in fact we do feel colder at say 5º than say -5º.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

gbee wrote: »
    That's the bodies immune system response. When it gets really cold the body injects anti freeze into the blood, when it's only moderately cold it does not, so in fact we do feel colder at say 5º than say -5º.
    Immune system? Cold temperatures aren't foreign cells :p I'd say you're thinking of a homeostatic response?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

-11.6c already!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Immune system? Cold temperatures aren't foreign cells :p I'd say you're thinking of a homeostatic response?

What you said! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Heard the eagle on the radio (think I may abandon tv forecasts from now on!) :D
    Eagle said looks like a return of the very cold weather in the middle of next week!!!

friendsfriends827808430.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Pangea wrote: »
    Eagle said looks like a return of the very cold weather in the middle of next week!!!

Heard that myself, Tv3 ad RTE news make me laugh telling people the thaw is on the way , fair enough there will be over the weekend, but we will be on a cooling trend from Sunday, The models are all over the place at the moment, very hard to pin down whats going to hit by the end of next week

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Down in Wexford for the night. I can confirm that what Limerick had was not snow. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Pity RTE don't podcast their weather bullitins :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭lolie

what about this winter storm mr t is on about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Has this been posted today?!?!

weather_radar.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Ya there's a thread leading with it. Fantastic though, the OH emailed me this morning with it. I giggled... A lot! (Isle of man shadow memories!):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Villain wrote: »
    -11.6c already!!

- 11.8 according to carlowweather.com ;)

Please make it stop..

I've never been this cold in my life..

Are we there yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 martin king

is the snow gone for northside of dublin miserble frosty out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

Heavy graupel now in Clondalkin..:D

no not really I miss those days!

Yeah screw this freezing cold without some action.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

im in clondalkin no snow

are you 4 SHEETS TO THE WIND lol:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

foxinsox wrote: »
    - 11.8 according to carlowweather.com ;)

Please make it stop..

I've never been this cold in my life..

Are we there yet?

Thats villains website . . .:P

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

Hi everyone on the weather forum,
    Loving these threads....

Right my question is i have to go to sligo on friday and come back again within the same day....Should I risk it for a biscuit or just say I can't go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

megapixel wrote: »
    Hi everyone on the weather forum,
    Loving these threads....

Right my question is i have to go to sligo on friday and come back again within the same day....Should I risk it for a biscuit or just say I can't go.

Friday should be grand, thaw on the way and there probably won't be a frost friday night. The morning could be a bit dodgy though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

i just love the eagle. cant get enough of him. i heard him too. hes the biz

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement