Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Continues - Discussion here ( All Ireland ) - 3/12/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

irish1967 wrote: »
    Didn't dissolve as quick as the numbers on this thread :)

lol yeah, I was so disappointed by the lack of snow I didn't log on at all today:rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,696 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

The temperature hovered close to zero and below in some parts all day, and
    with some places forecasted to get snow tonight, it is premature to say the cold spell has fizzled out.
    It will get that bit milder tomorrow, but in normal winters we'd be describing temperatures of 2- 4 degrees throughout much of the country as cold weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭cranks

Well, its been great following these threads over the last 3 days. I'm off to mind the kids!
    I'm one of yr 'weather-tarts', not a real met head, but, as last year, I've loved the weather updates, directions to radars etc. This thread is truly addictive.
    I've said it before: respect to all of you die-hards. All the info much appreciated. Will see ya the next 'big one'.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Anyone know what the M7 is like around Monestervin?
    I'm assuming its icy enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

wow this thread has quietened down savage quick... the last few days were mad with reports of snow from everywhere..

hopefully we'l get another good loooooooooooong snow spell around christmas , hopefully kicking off around the 20th :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Didn't dissolve as quick as the numbers on this thread :)

..yer just a bunch of snow whores...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

cranks wrote: »
    Well, its been great following these threads over the last 3 days. I'm off to mind the kids!
    I'm one of yr 'weather-tarts', not a real met head, but, as last year, I've loved the weather updates, directions to radars etc. This thread is truly addictive.
    I've said it before: respect to all of you die-hards. All the info much appreciated. Will see ya the next 'big one'.

Check back before the big winter storm on 20-21st December. It will be a cracker.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

NIALL D wrote: »
    hopefully kicking off around the 20th :)

nooooooooooooooooooooooo, i am going on holidays on the 27th december, i dont want to be stuck in dublin:(

Just opened up with rain here. Roads could be bad tonight methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭rsom

Another one saying thanks for all the info etc over the last few days. I have learnt loads of stuff that I never knew before:D It was nice to see most newbies being given such a nice welcome!

I'm sure I'll be back - I'm kinda hooked on the whole streamers and wind directions stuff now:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

im jealous of everyone and their igloos. fecking slush and cold is all we got in limerick. a sprinkle this morning and no time to enjoy it. :(

Sitting at. 2c here still. No freeze here yet. No real thaw either. This mornings snow is still here but slushy on roads.

Check back before the big winter storm on 20-21st December. It will be a cracker.

Will do Irish.
    While I'm at it, I should give special mention M.T. Cranium whose posts are spot on. IM humble O we have a closet National Treasure there.

Don't forget the Isle of Man Shadow. Lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

word of the week = graupel :D

Don't forget the Isle of Man Shadow. Lmao

I too learned, over the last three days, about the potential merits of sinking the Isle of Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,696 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I really wouldn't get my(or is it yours;) ) hopes up if i were you about anything that is suggested for 18 days time. I would dearly love to experience the great blizzard of December 2010, but seeing we are an Island surounded by warm water that system could easily end up as a mild atlantic storm:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

I love that word now

Graupel, yes!.....Funnily enough, every time I came across the word 'Graupel' I thought of german lederhosen that were warm-damp with a vague, pungent hum about them. Can't explain it.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

Another one here who would like to say thank you to everyone, experts, potential experts and the people like me who know nothing about weather :)

Twas a fun few days and I actually began to pick up little bits of information, plus it made me come out of lurkersville :)

All of the information was appreciated and the patience shown with repeated questions was like a breath of fresh air on a busy thread.

So again, Thank you all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

Slow thaw in navan because of FoG! :(

TFK wrote: »
    Another one here who would like to say thank you to everyone, experts, potential experts and the people like me who know nothing about weather :)

Twas a fun few days and I actually began to pick up little bits of information, plus it made me come out of lurkersville :)

All of the information was appreciated and the patience shown with repeated questions was like a breath of fresh air on a busy thread.

So again, Thank you all.

+1 on that:)

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mollzer

TFK wrote: »

So again, Thank you all.

Ditto!! (ta TFK)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

I propose that we invade the Isle of Man, sieze the money in its banks and sell it as a quarry for building stadia in Qatar, who would be required to quarry it below sea level. Its inhabitants could be offered accommodation on ghost estates.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 CuteOne

mollzer wrote: »
    Ditto!! (ta TFK)

+3 on that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

cranks wrote: »

Spot on. Never had an idea this boards.ie could be so entertaining. Roll on the next big one...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭meemeep

yes it was fun while it lasted:) Thanks everyone, very educational.

One page (15 posts) I really loved was when there was one giant thunder boom in Dublin and 15+ people said Boom etc at the same time. Sooooooo funny. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

One page (15 posts) I really loved was when there was one giant thunder boom in Dublin and 15+ people said Boom etc at the same time. Sooooooo funny. :)

Ye it all started this time last week:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

Thundersnow is my new favourite word

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement