Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 02/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

MODS! Any chance of waving the ban stick around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    true, one or two sensible people and a village full of idiots on this site..

Happy Christmas...:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN7LW0Y00kE

Love this thread...thanks for all the entertainment and pics over the last few days....take care out there tomorrow y'all...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

Lot of trolling around here...

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Caitriona

Is there an ignore button on this forum?

Never mind, found it and used it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

DDigital wrote: »
    Cheers.

Its hard to decipher the opinion here such is the delight in seeing the country grind to a ****ing halt.

true and the hardest budget this country will ever have, coming next week.. but why worry about that.. when we have lots of snow.. who needs money or a decent standard of life..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,285 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I'm getting pretty fed up with it now, but sweeping and uninformed statements about how people should run their businesses is inappropriate to the thread, and obviously there are people who are seriously affected by the snow.

Still, if people want to enjoy it, well they should, it isn't going to make any difference to when it goes away, and its better than being miserable.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Well if you dont like what you see .... move on then .

Anyway, on topic

TEMP -7.3

DP -9.4

Beautiful night out there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Well the get the F off the site, and let village full of idiots enjoy themselves.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Happy Christmas...:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN7LW0Y00kE

Love this thread...thanks for all the entertainment and pics over the last few days....take care out there tomorrow y'all...freezing here tonight in Kildare...

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

The weather forum is not as fun as it used to be:(

Before we could talk about the weather in peace now if you talk about wanting snow or cold temperatures you get accused of hoping for the closure of businesses and the death of old people

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Figuramatyi

Cheers.

Its hard to decipher the opinion here such is the delight in seeing the country grind to a ****ing halt.

The delight is about the beauty of snow and winter wonderland, and the fun you can have in it - since you can't change it anyway, why not find the good side of it?

By implying that folks here are enjoying the suffering this weather causes to anyone in the country, you are deceiving and actually trolling as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Cheers.

I believe it's sunny in Mexico, off with yeh misery guts.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

andrew wrote: »
    If your business is so dependant on the weather that a week of snow means that you'll have to lay people off, then your business was probably going to fail anyway. Any good business will have contingencies in place to deal with supply shocks, and a business shouldn't be in the red just because it loses a week's income.

In Celtic Tiger times maybe.

But you are also forgetting about businesses that have to fulfill contracts to a deadline in order to keep major clients on their books. I'd love to take the week off and blame it on the snow. But its not practical, there are project deadlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

You haven't a clue. Check out the thread on businesses affected by snow in this forum.

ahhhhh go away !!!!

Most of us have heard enough depressing crap over the last few weeks if not months, it is good for peoples spirits to have a bit of fun with this and ligthen the mood, if only for a little while.

As someone else pointed out, it doesn't matter a damn what is said on this forum, it won't change the weather, so should we all be miserable instead ? I think not ! Life is too short !

... always with the negative waves Moriarty ......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

I really do hope it snows so hard from now until the end of christmas love snow!,who doesn't?,scrooge maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭daisling

looking at raintoday looks like we (west wicklow) are due more snow in early part of night i thought it was to clear until early hours when it comes from west. Going to run out with dishwasher salt now and sort out path nearly killed myself slipping on it this morning. Out having a smoke last night in porch and avalanche came off roof be careful out there

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

Cheers.

Dublin is not the country. Chill out

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

How about some Christmas tunes to cheer everyone up:
    http://www.christmasfm.ie/ :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

John85 wrote: »

Before we could talk about the weather in peace now if you talk about wanting snow or cold temperatures you get accused of hoping for the closure of businesses and the death of old people

Even though there has been constant posts on here telling people to check on the old or infirm .

Some people just love a good aul moan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,554 ✭✭✭Speak Now

I've always been interested in weather extremes and major snow falls would be one of my favourite events! However i'm also a big fan of boards weather and at least when the snow is gone we'll be left with the die hards. Touch of after Hours around here at present :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

so yeah, uhh, how about that weather?
    :D:D

cold here, no snow for hours. gritter's been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭DDigital

kenmc wrote: »
    MODS! Any chance of waving the ban stick around?

For what? Expressing an opinion about other peoples opinion of the weather in an actual weather forum?

This is like a private members club that delights in armageddon, so I'll leave you all to it and do my best to get out to work tomorrow and keep the show on the road. I appreciate you have no control of the weather and its there to be enjoyed to some extent, but a semblence of respect for those affected by it might not make you look like a bunch of wasters that couldn't give a damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

John85 wrote: »

It was fun until about 15 mins ago :rolleyes:

Anyways, temperature on the thermometer on my shed says -4, pretty nippy out so be careful those of you lucky sods who decided to go to the pub, take it easy on the way home!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

Dont feed the troll....

whats the chances of the cloud moving over belfast hitting dublin??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

I'm not an idiot :rolleyes:

-5 in Carlow

no sign of anymore snow..

I'll have buns of steel by the end of this weather..
    I've been walking 5 miles to and back from work since tues :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    still nothing in cork. my blood pressure is rising:mad:

i think i must be living in a different country, had dogs for a little walk at ten this evening, not that cold and very little to no ice on the road, but everything dry, which is brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

Anyhooooooooooooo

It's been a few hours since any snow here in Clondalkin, bitter cold out though, I think it's the coldest night so far this week ( I don't have a way to gauge temp so it's just purely I'm cold!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Frosty the snowman brings the Luas to a halt! :D

http://twitpic.com/3c9jdx

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭bionic.laura

Guys I'm loving this thread and the minute by minute forecasting. I loved it back in January too.
    I had the most fabulous walk to work this morning, snow and ice on Sandymount strand. There was ice mush floating on the water, I've never seen anything like it.
    The walk home was even more epic through the heavy falling snow, took me an hour and there were very few people around. It was amazing! I have to go in and open up work tomorrow so I'm wondering what epic snow I'll have to go through! At this rate I'll have to tie on tennis rackets with strings. I have those mini crampon yokes and they are the business, no slipping or sliding at all.

PC030113.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

daisling wrote: »
    Out having a smoke last night in porch and avalanche came off roof be careful out there
    Well they do say that smokers die younger :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement