Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Steve SI wrote: »
    Philips CD-i 602 development console

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170775326511

Sure who do we know who'd be dumb enough to buy one of those???
    Oh, yeah, Retr0....

Here's a real picture of a CDi dev kit...
    1p64.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,945 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hotel Mario isn't bad...

Not great either but at least it's playable unlike the most cdi games

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I can't post a link, but there is a good sale of GC titles on the go in Adverts.
    I'm looking at Geist and Odama myself.
    Thing is he's looking for 50 for Kirbys Air Ride.
    Can this be a true value? I have it, bought it for next to nothing when the GC tanked and never gave it much time, controls are "interesting" to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Yeah I saw that collection for sale, some nice ones there but some very ebay BIN prices too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I think he looking at changing some of the prices. 60 for Kirby is a lot! 20-30 looks to be its value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I think he looking at changing some of the prices. 60 for Kirby is a lot! 20-30 looks to be its value.
    I think it's worth a little more than 20 now.

I was after it for ages and £28 was the cheapest I seen it go for, excluding postage.

His current value is excessive though.

I think it's worth a little more than 20 now.

I was after it for ages and £28 was the cheapest I seen it go for, excluding postage.

His current value is excessive though.

Okay maybe 20 is a bit low but i wouldn't pay more than 30. The completed listings are between 20-30

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,945 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You guys do know it's a load of rubbish?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

That's fair enough but it will be very hard getting it a good condition for that price through the usual routes.

Collectable rubbish however. It's simple enough, nothing great, nothing truely awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

That's fair enough but it will be very hard getting it a good condition for that price through the usual routes.

Collectable rubbish however. It's simple enough, nothing great, nothing truely awful.

Don't feed the troll, he owns a CD-i & Superman 64

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,602 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Here's a bargain in the UK I've been looking at for a while. Sadly it's collection only. It'd be worth a trip over with a van though.

He say it's a 'project' cab. But the only thing that's wrong with it is the sound has gone on the PCB. It even has a new monitor

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/mortal-kombat-2-arcade-machine-project-mame-jamma-/320837734608?pt=UK_Video_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item4ab36b50d0

Retr0gamer wrote: »

How do you put a user on ignore? :p

EnterNow wrote: »
    Don't feed the troll, he owns a CD-i & Superman 64

Hey now, I never said they were good. One annoying thing about the CDI is that the one game that looks good for it Zenith, there isn't a 'back-up' available for it that actually works and it happens to be really rare. I get the feeling nobody is stupid enough to own a CD-i so nobody has downloaded it and told people the dump isn't working :)
    OwaynOTT wrote: »
    How do you put a user on ignore? :p

Just saying in case people think it's actually good. It's mario kart for babies.

Master of the Universe

It's mario kart for babies.

But isn't Mario Kart racing for babies? :p

o1s1n wrote: »
    But isn't Mario Kart racing for babies? :p
    Another for the ignore list it seems.

It's pretty poor alright, I mean, it looks the part but the controls are very very odd.
    On a controller with many available buttons the whole thing uses just one, for everything!
    Braking, Sliding, Attacks, Speed ups, it's completely mad.

Mario Kart for Babies?
    I don't know, the controls actually become less intuitive when you have to remember the method of initiating a powerslide.
    I must give it another lash and remind myself why I barely played it!

Nice auction here,
    €80 seems fine but €70 would be a good price for the collection,
    http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/atari-7800/1323734

Master of the Universe

Not sure if serious:p

The console's not worth more than 20-30. I sold a beautiful woody 2600 on adverts over the summer and was only able to get €30 for the thing.

Not sure if serious:p

The console's not worth more than 20-30. I sold a beautiful woody 2600 on adverts over the summer and was only able to get €30 for the thing.

I'd say its worth around €50/€60, seeing as some of the games are 2600 games.

Master of the Universe

Including tha games, you'd be spot on with that price.

Worth keeping an eye on anyway. I've noticed lately we seem to be getting a lot of random mentallers coming along and offering way more than stuff is worth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭Jack burton

well if a game was made over 15 years ago then clearly is it RARE!

And hard to come by nowadays.

Master of the Universe

Yep, age automatically equals rarity and value.

Ciderman must be worth a fortune.

Yep, age automatically equals rarity and value.

Ciderman must be worth a fortune.

I LOL'ed :)

Lol victim here too.

Cidona must be tired of all the age related quips :D Serves him right for having a bus pass tbh

Hey, I am whats I am...
    40 and happy.
    Happier at 40 than I was at 30.
    Happier at 40 than when I was 20 as well!
    Plus I'm 40 and, not to be too soppy, I have a cracking 8 year old son who is busy playing Kirby on the Wii, I'm so proud!

But, nevertheless, my eBay auction would inevitably say...
    RARE! OLD! HARD TO COME BY!
    40 year old!
    Slightly used,
    Some surface scratches but nothing that interferes with normal function.
    Has a habit of going into stand-by (falls asleep) when playing racing games after 10pm...
    Comes with several bottles of charger (red bull-analogue).

Oh, and instead of being like you losers, who, if you're lucky enough to be in a job, will be working for the next 30/40 years, I get to retire in another 14/15 years!
    So I'll be kicking back, playing videogames (the PS2 will be finally retro) and doing some painting while you guys are slaving away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    But, nevertheless, my eBay auction would inevitably say...

191718.jpg

Master of the Universe

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

feckin hell
    the lesser spotted Jungle fighter 3d handheld
    Its boxed , but 250 blips!!(and sterling blips at that)
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/JUNGLE-FIGHTER-TARZAN-TOMY-3D-RETRO-1983-VERY-RARE-HANDHELD-GAME-BOXED-WORKING-/200652021617?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item2eb7cadf71
    (cough- I bought one of these for a fiver a few years ago...-cough)
    Tabletop games seem to have jumped up in price in the last few years , I remember picking up most of mine for €5-20 max (and the more expensive ones were boxed with instructions).
    The starting price seems to be 30+ these days!!

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement