Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,566 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Hahahahahaha!

Really sums up this whole ridiculous collecting malarkey in one picture :D

Master of the Universe

Cave/Jaleco board.

http://cgi.ebay.fr/CAVE-ARCADE-JAMMA-FLYERS-UO-POKO-JAP-TRES-RARE--/220935195094?pt=FR_YO_Jeux_Jeux_JeuxCafes&hash=item3370c389d6

I've never heard of it, but this is hilarious -

It has gained some notoriety in gaming circles for the Japanese variant's engrish legal warning threatening that copyright violators will be "prosecutedt to the full extent of the jam"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,899 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The Dangun Feveron board has the same copyright notice, probably the same board then. Since it was a disco themed game I thought it was joke :)

Master of the Universe

o1s1n wrote: »
    Holy ****balls, a Megadrive VR headset test cart! Okay so no headset, but this is the only one of these carts known to exist so far.

Want. Want so bad.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120848176563

Same seller also has this. That game was only released on the Snes. Megadrive one was canceled.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sega-Genesis-Michael-Jordan-Chaos-Windy-City-JORDAN-ADVENTURE-/120848177744?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item1c231cda50

- Tried offering $100 and then $150 but they were both automatically declined. :(

Seems he must know it's an unreleased proto. Really interesting though as you'd be getting the prototype Genesis box art too. The Snes one which was published was cropped down.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

He accepted $220 for the Michael Jordan Chaos in the Windy City proto.

Which was just over half price.

So going by that logic Steve, he should accept about $270 for the VR one if you're still interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭Steve X2

o1s1n wrote: »
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

He accepted $220 for the Michael Jordan Chaos in the Windy City proto.

Which was just over half price.

So going by that logic Steve, he should accept about $270 for the VR one if you're still interested.

I just spent 714 euro x2 on a new graphics card (literally 2 mins ago)from overclockers so I think I'll give that cart a miss. The wallet is a bit to hot to touch right now.
    I'm having a glass of wine and a sit down to get over the purchase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Thats only about 46c a MB, so tis savage value when you think about it. Assuming you got the awesome graphics cards that I'm thinking of, GTX580?

Thats only about 46c a MB, so tis savage value when you think about it. Assuming you got the awesome graphics cards that I'm thinking of, GTX580?

I've already got dual GTX 580 Matrix Platinum's
    These ones:
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-260-AS&groupid=701&catid=1914&subcat=1812

I've upgraded to something a little beefier :D

Suck me sideways

What kinda of a monster case you putting them in?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭Doge

Lads, ye would really want to have a bit more cop on, on adverts ffs.

Suck me sideways

What kinda of a monster case you putting them in?

I'll probably stick to the Matrix Platinum's for my main pc. I've got them overclocked and running well. Although I've had a few driver issues tonight I'm working on(and sticking gameplay footage up on youtube to show the problems and fixes if ya want to see how Dirt 3 etc runs on it). The case is a Thermaltake Level 10 GT.

This baby here(click for bigger pic):

DSC_0636bbb.jpg

The new cards are for a render farm machine so thats a bit different.

• Advertisement

Fairly serious, I'll be doing some upgrading myself soon enough and I need a new case, I was waiting till Antec released a new P180 and the P280 looks to be my cup of tea :D

glam.jpg
    Delish!
    Wont be anything like the beast up there though!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Macintosh 512k
    512-a.jpg

Again not my picture, but expect a disgustingly large barrage of photographs of epic size this time next week when I am in London to collect it all.

Macintosh 512k
    512-a.jpg

Again not my picture, but expect a disgustingly large barrage of photographs of epic size this time next week when I am in London to collect it all.

I'm looking at a mac classic myself right now across the room from me :D

Mac 512k is a nice little machine sir. I'm a bit of a collector of old mac stuff.

Here's an old vid of my classic:

Steve SI wrote: »
    I'm looking at a mac classic myself right now across the room from me :D

Mac 512k is a nice little machine sir. I'm a bit of a collector of old mac stuff.

Here's an old vid of my classic:

Having an Apple I helps I guess :P
    Must admit, I'm liking it even more now! Never used one before though (or seen one IRL for that matter!).
    Personally prefer IBM stuff but I think one of these is a must. Shame there's no computer museum in Ireland for this sort of stuff

I definetly posted this in the wrong thread.

I definetly posted this in the wrong thread.

Sometimes the threads go so far off topic here that you forget which one you're in :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

DSC_0636bbb.jpg

That looks like it contains Skynet!
    And it fast on it's way to establish the premise of Pixars Cars on earth!!!

And, regarding the Apple, thats trés cool!
    I have a hankering for an iMac myself, don't know why, one of the old ones with the CRT rather than the flat screen efforts of later.
    Reckon it's make a nice Mame machine.
    The Mackintosh looks superb though, remembering them as one of the most iconic devices of the 80's, I wonder how much one would cost?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    That looks like it contains Skynet!
    And it fast on it's way to establish the premise of Pixars Cars on earth!!!

And, regarding the Apple, thats trés cool!
    I have a hankering for an iMac myself, don't know why, one of the old ones with the CRT rather than the flat screen efforts of later.
    Reckon it's make a nice Mame machine.
    The Mackintosh looks superb though, remembering them as one of the most iconic devices of the 80's, I wonder how much one would cost?

The pc runs minesweeper and notepad fairly well all right. As for the mac I posted I think I paid about 100 Euro for it on adverts a year or two ago(mint condition with all manuals and disks etc). I like the fact it was built in Ireland and has the "Made in Ireland" thing at the back.
    The guy I got it from used to work where they manufactured them and that's where he got it from(cork I think).

If you're looking for one of the old iMac type machines you'd pay about 50 quid or there abouts on adverts for one in decent enough condition.
    Here's one:
    http://www.adverts.ie/mac/mac-g3-computer/1175723

I think it'd make a nice little MAME system or something like that as well. But you'd probably have to gut it and install something else inside to make the most of it(but keep the crt).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

We used to use Mac Classic's at school. Oh God I'm so old. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'll probably stick to the Matrix Platinum's for my main pc. I've got them overclocked and running well. Although I've had a few driver issues tonight I'm working on(and sticking gameplay footage up on youtube to show the problems and fixes if ya want to see how Dirt 3 etc runs on it). The case is a Thermaltake Level 10 GT.

This baby here(click for bigger pic):

DSC_0636bbb.jpg

The new cards are for a render farm machine so thats a bit different.

And you were worried about a green Zelda light making the room tacky? :p

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »
    And you were worried about a green Zelda light making the room tacky? :p

:D:D

It's a gaming rig so tackiness is a prerequisite.

:D:D

It's a gaming rig so tackiness is a prerequisite.

That's true. The more neon lights in those things the better really :D Serious rig though :cool:

That's true. The more neon lights in those things the better really :D Serious rig though :cool:

I'm usually one for an understated and classy case but decided to go all out vulgar for this one when I built it(plus I really wanted that case bad).

Anyway, I think you'll approve of my next pc build. It's going to be built into a Game Boy DMG-01 case.

Anyway, I think you'll approve of my next pc build. It's going to be built into a Game Boy DMG-01 case.

Now, that, will be impressive. Hardware details please...

Now, that, will be impressive. Hardware details please...

I've been meaning to do this for a while but just never found the right hardware to fit inside the game boy without completely ruining the look of it.

So I've decided to go with a Raspberry Pi board when they start selling them in the next week or so.
    http://www.raspberrypi.org/

It'll be a linux machine.

It runs XBMC at full speed @1080p as was posted here before and I'm working on porting a few emulators across to it at the moment myself as I've got the dev virtual image to work from.
    Grab it here for those interested:
    http://russelldavis.org/2012/01/20/new-raspberry-pi-development-vm-v0-2/

Raspi-Model-AB-Mono-1-699x1024.png

I only heard of this Raspberry thing yesterday, it's some kind of revolutionary 'PC on a board' thing? Looks, very very impressive. Any idea how it's able to process so much so fast?

I only heard of this Raspberry thing yesterday, it's some kind of revolutionary 'PC on a board' thing? Looks, very very impressive. Any idea how it's able to process so much so fast?

Its not really a super powerful beast or anything. It's a system on a chip thing like you have in lots of phones(but i think it uses older tech).
    As its not designed to run on a battery that sits in your pocket they don't have to worry about battery life and can run it at full speed.

Those Broadcom BCM2835 SoC things are just powerful little chips I guess.

I mean my old iPhone 3GS could playback 1080p video when jailbroken. Apple just didn't allow it officially and thats an old phone with an old SoC.

Its not really a super powerful beast or anything. It's a system on a chip thing like you have in lots of phones(but i think it uses older tech).
    As its not designed to run on a battery that sits in your pocket they don't have to worry about battery life and can run it at full speed.

Those Broadcom BCM2835 SoC things are just powerful little chips I guess.

I mean my old iPhone 3GS could playback 1080p video when jailbroken. Apple just didn't allow it officially and thats an old phone with an old SoC.

But this system is fully open to devs for homebrew coding etc I take it then?

But this system is fully open to devs for homebrew coding etc I take it then?

Oh yes. Very much so. Its main purpose is to encourage kids (and adults) to learn to code it at home and in schools. As they are a charity they are selling it for next to nothing to try and get it out there and into homes and schools.

You don't need to know how to code to get some use out of it though as there will be loads of stuff you can just download and run on it(like XBMC etc).

$25 for the low end model and $35 for the high end. You cant really go wrong with it. Prices are in dollars but its a UK thing.

• Advertisement

And as the Rasp Pi is open source you can even get your hands on 3D models to work with so you can design a case or whatever.

I'm using this model to work out roughly how I'm going to stick it in the Game Boy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement