Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Hmm. Maybe a monitor for data entry in an office/accounting department?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

A sort of dialup fancy Teletext terminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,460 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Yeah it's a terminal. So it links up to a main computer somewhere. Could have been used for anything really!

Not sure if you can get RGB into them without doing a bit of hackery. Would be nice to see what the video quality is like on it.

someone save it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Could anybody link me to a proper RGB scart for a ps2? I just got a ps2 and have been looking on ebay/amazon/adverts but not sure if I'm looking at legit cables or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Someone on the tesco bargain alert thread got a Wii U 8gb basic version for 114euro, was 228.

Finding one might be a challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,460 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Are you guys noticing all the tasty PCBs turning up for sale on J+ lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Stop, with a baby overdue I'd to try give up going on that site for the last couple months, logged back in over the weekend and tempted to spend all my wages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    Someone on the tesco bargain alert thread got a Wii U 8gb basic version for 114euro, was 228.

Finding one might be a challenge.

In the uk at the moment they are selling the wiiu off cheap and the 3ds which with the new one mightn't be much use to folks here. But the wiiu pro controller is only £10 so that around 13€ here. If you can find one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Myrddin wrote: »

Including Retr0's fave Republic Commando!

Seriously though, that's an amazing bundle, especially now the franchise is in the ascendant once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Myrddin wrote: »

Nice bundle, grabbed it when I saw it.

Had a game of Empire at War earlier, always enjoyed its space battles... but playing it today reminded me how much better Star Trek: Armada was. There's a game I'd love to play again but it's disappeared into licensing limbo :-(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,823 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Including Retr0's fave Republic Commando!

It's not a bad game, just Rainbow Six Lock(Dumb)down for kiddies. Nothing special but not exactly Rise of the Robots.

I'll wait to see what else get's released announced in the bundle before putting my money down, I own everything I want on that and really hate the force unleashed games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Already have most of those in some version already. How does HB deliver the games ?

I think it's a little easier to claim them if you make an account on the Humble Bundle website. I haven't used it myself, but if I remember correctly once you pay it should give you the option to redeem on Steam. Once you click the redeem button it should ask you to sign in with your steam I.D, then steam guard if you have that enabled.

There's probably an option to just get the key and add them individually through steam if you didn't want to bother with all of that.

https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/categories/200166394-Steam

There's the steam FAQ page if you'd like to have a look through it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

make sure to book a day off for Monday

http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=20189

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Honest to glob lads,
    This is the cheapest NTSC N64 I've seen.
    Now powersupply, controllers or cables, but if you already have a PAL console they are all compatible, and with this you can play US and Jap games.
    And for only €20.
    link

Honest to glob lads,
    This is the cheapest NTSC N64 I've seen.
    Now powersupply, controllers or cables, but if you already have a PAL console they are all compatible, and with this you can play US and Jap games.
    And for only €20.
    link

Thanks for the heads up, Was just looking for one of these!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭Doge

Looks like the Rage were giving away free games yesterday.

F76qWdv.jpg

Post probably aint worth a damn today though.

Edit: this was on Wednesday.

Damn facebook ios app throws up too many old posts in the news feed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Damn would have loved to get some MD ones for replacement cases! The curse of a Facebook free February.

This was on Wednesday too. Walked past fade street twice that day and never thought to have a look in. Kicked myself when I got home and saw that on Facebook.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

This was on Wednesday too. Walked past fade street twice that day and never thought to have a look in. Kicked myself when I got home and saw that on Facebook.

If it's any of the stock that was there last week which I'd say it is, it's literally sports titles. Nothing of interest at all but handy I suppose for some replacement cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I

Me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I want to break free

go for it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Theres talk over on AO of another run of the RunDMD clock things. if anyone wants one id register interest now as i doubt they will do another after this. Ive already bought the framme off FrancoB in case they did this..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭Doge

Damn would have loved to get some MD ones for replacement cases! The curse of a Facebook free February.

I could post this to you if you have any need for it:

ONqrEV9.jpg

Fits an EA style cart.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

That would be awesome thanks, I bought a joblot of 10 games recently and some of the cases are a bit wrecked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement