Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

The last couple of things I sold on Adverts I set the no offers below asking option. Seemed to keep the usual g0b****es away, I set what I thought was a reasonable price and both sold handily enough. It's taken as thread spoiling if you offer less than the asking on these ads, you do really need to set a price though. Another reason they can be pulled if you have multiple items listed in the one ad, thus avoiding multiple success fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Monkeykube wrote: »
    The last couple of things I sold on Adverts I set the no offers below asking option. Seemed to keep the usual g0b****es away, I set what I thought was a reasonable price and both sold handily enough. It's taken as thread spoiling if you offer less than the asking on these ads, you do really need to set a price though. Another reason they can be pulled if you have multiple items listed in the one ad, thus avoiding multiple success fees.

Multiple items with different prices? Or just like a toaster mixed up with Earthbound and a ghd?

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Multiple items with different prices? Or just like a toaster mixed up with Earthbound and a ghd?

Kind of like say if you had five games listed at thirty euro each. Adverts would only get the success fee from one item instead of five. I've seen ad's like this getting pulled before, I still think there's still a lot of people not marking items as sold. It's only a euro for an item up to fourty nine and it's still fee free under thirty, miserable git's:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭Doge

Monkeykube wrote: »
    Kind of like say if you had five games listed at thirty euro each. Adverts would only get the success fee from one item instead of five. I've seen ad's like this getting pulled before, I still think there's still a lot of people not marking items as sold. It's only a euro for an item up to fourty nine and it's still fee free under thirty, miserable git's:)

It's a matter of principle. The staff admitted that they could read users PM's, and people weren't too happy to support that!

Doge wrote: »
    It's a matter of principle. The staff admitted that they could read users PM's, and people weren't too happy to support that!

Yet they were still happy to list their items on Adverts, if they were that put out surely they wouldn't use the site at all. That is if you could find a link between the paying of success fees and the reading of pm's, I just can't see the connection myself. If you were running Advert's and you saw deals being done, the deals then going to pm's and the items were never marked as sold yet they were no longer available what would you do?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

thing is the sites gotten so big they are finding it hard to monitor everything, and almost solely rely on ads being reported by members, so once you don't p!ss anyone off your ads won't get pulled.

thing is the sites gotten so big they are finding it hard to monitor everything, and almost solely rely on ads being reported by members, so once you don't p!ss anyone off your ads won't get pulled.

I agree totally, it's a commercial site. It shouldn't be left to users to report ads, if they're charging they should be doing the checking. No point acting dumb about it, asking users to report the ad's.

for anyone looking to buy it, Argos have flooded their stores again with the €9.99 copies of Pokemon White

http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=2056540

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Gone?
    o1s1n wrote: »
    There was no asking price so I'd say the adverts moderators took it down :(

Was a fantastic selection of stuff.
    Ahh crap sorry lads. I thought I put €1 in there so it wouldn't go into the free section. I was going to see what kind of offers I got and go from there. Didn't even realise they took it down. I'll stick it back up but I think I'll do a little research 1st and possibly put up minimum prices next time. I got pms asking to sell individual stuff but there's no way I'd sell, only the whole package. Cheers anyway, will post in here again when I'm sticking it back up!

Lenmeister wrote: »
    Ahh crap sorry lads. I thought I put €1 in there so it wouldn't go into the free section. I was going to see what kind of offers I got and go from there. Didn't even realise they took it down. I'll stick it back up but I think I'll do a little research 1st and possibly put up minimum prices next time. I got pms asking to sell individual stuff but there's no way I'd sell, only the whole package. Cheers anyway, will post in here again when I'm sticking it back up!

Why not pop it up on the marketplace here?

• Advertisement

best thing to do is check the completed listings on Ebay, see on average what each game sells for.
    then price the higher value games seperately, and the cheaper games in a bundle with the relevant console.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,849 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Wanted one of these for ages, but Dat price!!!

SEGA Dreamcast Divers 2000
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/141521246714

igPOhT.jpgDH5IHY.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Is that a TV with a built in Dreamcast?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Is that a TV with a built in Dreamcast?

Yeah they are. Japan only as well like the famicom TVs. They do pop up on eBay from time to time but didn't think they were that expensive!

That's cool. I've seen the Sharp Super Famicom TV, but I never knew these existed. Can't imagine they were wildly profitable for Sega when they were released.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Interesting oddity here.. Its a robotic arm for a MSX computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

A factory sealed Stadium Events turned up on eBay a day or so ago.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111567662630

*shakes collection plate around A&R*

Corholio wrote: »
    A factory sealed Stadium Events turned up on eBay a day or so ago.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111567662630

*shakes collection plate around A&R*

And what we all own it together, taking turns having it on our shelves? Can't see that turning sour.
    Or can it....

three-men-and-a-comic-book-picture.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,823 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

85 VGA wizard points, wow!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    85 VGA wizard points, wow!

There really is no accounting for just how stupid some people really are.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 34,459 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

One of the best bargains I've ever seen on adverts :eek:

Do I really need a dinner table?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

o1s1n wrote: »
    One of the best bargains I've ever seen on adverts :eek:

Do I really need a dinner table?

Of course not, sit in the cab and eat dinner off your lap! And there's another one for the missus too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

That is an amazing bargain, fully functional too !!

eddhorse wrote: »
    That is an amazing bargain, fully functional too !!

have seen these come up for sale a few times over the last 2 years.
    they just take up too much space.
    massive bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

Did anyone else check to see if the rest if his ads were the same? Ha. I like his Crimson Skies ad

http://m.ebay.com/itm/171625219354?nav=SEARCH

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It would appear that sex, does indeed, sell.
    Or at least a generously proportioned lady sells...

• Advertisement

Not retro but this is a DS game that doesn't come up that often, had to import mine,
    YzhlM2IzMTBjMTI4ZjgwYzdhMGFjNDA1NjBiMTI1NWG1LMNwZoPtImM7xH5Ns7pUaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vYzNjNGZjZTcyNjY3YTE3NjExMGMyZGE2Mzk0NTFiNmI2ZWVmZjVlYzAyM2EyZjkwNTZhNDBmOGIzOTVjOWM5OC5qcGd8fDUyNXx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg
    link

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement